• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Boro***

Do people actually think Son had a good game? Got a standing ovation and all, MOM. I think that's confusing involvement with actual contribution. He was very involved but extremely wasteful, his decision making horrible. Not a hater, I like Son but I think he has a lot of room for imporvement still.
He constantly tries to do something with the ball. He challenges defenders, goes past, gets into the area and creates havoc and chances. Can't ask for much more other than a goal. Would you rather he did nothing?

When our world class stadium opens, our current players will be just hitting their peak and will be world class players. I have no doubt about it. They are getting world class coaching in a world class training facility by a world class coach. We'll be so world class that when you type world class into google you'll get nothing but links to Spurs. In fact they'll have to invent another word for us as we'll have world class oozing out of every orifice.
No need for a new word, "sexy" will just be redefined to mean work class

He constantly tries to do something with the ball. He challenges defenders, goes past, gets into the area and creates havoc and chances. Can't ask for much more other than a goal. Would you rather he did nothing?
I'd rather he won't put good chances in row Z, won't dwell on the ball when other players are clearly wide open, etc. I don't think that's too much to ask for a player of his talent and I certainly don't think it's a choice between doing nothing and destroying 80% of our attacks which is basically what he did today.

Last edited:
I'd rather he won't put good chances in row Z, won't dwell on the ball when other players are clearly wide open, etc. I don't think that's too much to ask for a player of his talent and I certainly don't think it's a choice between doing nothing and destroying 80% of our attacks which is basically what he did today.
Harsh.
He created attack after attack today. Yes, frustrating sometimes with the wrong move at the end (he wasn't alone in that) but he was only a fraction away from an assist for Kane, a save from Valdez away from a goal himself and a lovely piece of footwork to draw the foul for the penalty.
On a day where our end product was lacking sharpness across the board, he put in a good shift.

Just got home. Amazing it finished one nil.
Really enjoyed the game - I was expecting a difficult one but we created a lot even if we laboured to get shots off. Finally a penetrating run through the defence yielded a penalty.

I thought their last line of defence were well drilled- and they had a solid look about them.

A good day all in all.

Lots of chances created, dominated the game, some lovely movement and passing, especially in the first half. Should have had 4 or 5 - some days it just doesn't work out. But we were getting through against a solid defensive team and that was encouraging. Boro really didn't threaten us that much but for the few times they did get close, it would have been reassuring to have had the cushion of a second goal.
Another clean sheet. It is indeed becoming fortress White Hart Lane this season.

My enjoyment was slightly marred by the man sitting next to me. I think it is the closest I have ever come to telling someone to shut the f*ck up at football. Not a peep for the first 20 minutes or so, then the groans and negative comments started to emerge. By the start of the second half he was fully warmed up and it was just constant. I know it was frustrating at times but there wasn't a single bit of encouragement, no 'well done', 'unlucky', 'good ball' etc. I have to wonder how some people get any enjoyment out of going to a game. My only satisfaction is that he has probably gone home miserable while most people will be pleased overall and just wondering how we didn't score more.

And a shout out to those at the back of the PL Upper for getting the Kyle Walker song going.

Oh shut up! He was very very good all game. Only that last handball he got wrong.

He wasn't Lee Mason or Bobby Madley crap, but it was one of the worst performances I've seen by him. Every corner someone was getting manhandled and Valdez should have been booked several times for time wasting. Best one was when he failed to give us a freekick for something, then gave us the throw in instead despite one of our players kicking it out.

He wasn't Lee Mason or Bobby Madley crap, but it was one of the worst performances I've seen by him. Every corner someone was getting manhandled and Valdez should have been booked several times for time wasting. Best one was when he failed to give us a freekick for something, then gave us the throw in instead despite one of our players kicking it out.
OMG! That's terrible! He should be relegated to league 1!

Happy with the win. But we really made hard work of it. We played well and created enough chances to get a comfortable win. But we were not clinical in front of goal and wasted all the chances we created. Son, Alli, Kane and Alderweireld should have scored from the chances they had in the first half. We didn't create many chances in the second half and had to rely on the penalty to get us the win.

Well done to Kane for scoring his first ever goal against Boro, albeit with the penalty. He had another poor game but took the penalty well. Kane has now scored against 23 of the 25 teams he has played against in the PL. ManU and Cardif are the only teams Kane has not scored against now. Hopefully he can score against ManU later in the season. Son did well to win the penalty but he wasted at least 2 goal scoring chances. Son really should have scored from the one-on-one chance early in the first half but he shot it too tamely to the goalie. If Son had scored that chance, we could have had a much comfortable win.

Our midfield of Wanyama and Dembele worked hard and controlled the match. But too bad they couldn't create more chances for our attacking players, especially Dembele. Alli should have done much better with the one-on-one chance after being set up by Eriksen in the first half. But well done to Alli for controlling his temper despite being pushed in the face by the Boro goalie in the first half. Maybe Alli was not fired up for this match as he lacked the usual sharpness in front of goal. Eriksen should have scored from his chance in the second half but was saved by the goalie.

Well done to the defence for keeping the clean sheet for the second consecutive match. But we were not at all tested by Boro even if there were a few nervy moments late in the match. Noticed that Alderweireld and Walker made a few uncharacteristic mistakes. It seems like both Alderweireld and Walker are only at their best when their partners Vertonghen and Rose are playing together. I am sure Alderweireld would have scored from his header in the first half instead of hitting the post if Vertonghen was playing.

Boro came into this match with a good defensive record in away matches, with only Chelsea and us having conceded less in away matches than them this season. So, it was always going to be tough to score against them. But we really should have made the most from the chances we created against them. Hope we will be more clinical against Liverpool next week.

Last edited:
Lots of chances created, dominated the game, some lovely movement and passing, especially in the first half. Should have had 4 or 5 - some days it just doesn't work out. But we were getting through against a solid defensive team and that was encouraging. Boro really didn't threaten us that much but for the few times they did get close, it would have been reassuring to have had the cushion of a second goal.
Another clean sheet. It is indeed becoming fortress White Hart Lane this season.

My enjoyment was slightly marred by the man sitting next to me. I think it is the closest I have ever come to telling someone to shut the f*ck up at football. Not a peep for the first 20 minutes or so, then the groans and negative comments started to emerge. By the start of the second half he was fully warmed up and it was just constant. I know it was frustrating at times but there wasn't a single bit of encouragement, no 'well done', 'unlucky', 'good ball' etc. I have to wonder how some people get any enjoyment out of going to a game. My only satisfaction is that he has probably gone home miserable while most people will be pleased overall and just wondering how we didn't score more.

And a shout out to those at the back of the PL Upper for getting the Kyle Walker song going.

It seems as though some people follow football to be able to have a moan and groan. Kyle walker song? Nice! About time. How did it go? :)

It seems as though some people follow football to be able to have a moan and groan. Kyle walker song? Nice! About time. How did it go? :)

Not the trickiest one to pick up (harder to describe it)
To the tune of the instrumental bit of the Proclaimers 500 miles (the KW alternating between different bits of the crowd, a bit like 'Yid Army, Yid Army')
KYLE WALKER, Kyle Walker, KYLE WALKER, Kyle Walker,
dada dum - dada dum - dada dum - dada dum - da da daa

Or something like that.

Not the trickiest one to pick up (harder to describe it)
To the tune of the instrumental bit of the Proclaimers 500 miles (the KW alternating between different bits of the crowd, a bit like 'Yid Army, Yid Army')
c

Or something like that.

It goes

I would walk 500 miles
and i would walk 500 more
just to see the man who scored that goal
40 yards against the arsenal
Kyle Walk, Kyle Walker
Da dada.....

Ok it was a very frustrating evening, but to me a very satisfying result. I love it when we beat these sides who don't want to play football, particularly when it's by a single goal as all that negativity they have bought to the game has proved a waste of time and effort. On the Son topic I thought he was very positive today and like many of the fringe players he doesn't get a run in the side and it's difficult to come in and hit the ground running. His defensive covering needs work on as he left Davies a lot of space to cover at times. We've all seen us fail to take advantage of situations where our rivals have lost ground but this time we came through.

Ok it was a very frustrating evening, but to me a very crack covering result. I love it when we beat these sides who don't want to play football, particularly when it's by a single goal as all that negativity they have bought to the game has proved a waste of time and effort. On the Son topic I thought he was very positive today and like many of the fringe players he doesn't get a run in the side and it's difficult to come in and hit the ground running. His defensive covering needs work on as he left Davies a lot of space to cover at times. We've all seen us fail to take advantage of situations where our rivals have lost ground but this time we came through.

cracking covering is not what I wrote, it was s a t i s f y i n g. Why that has to change is beyond me!

Harsh.
He created attack after attack today. Yes, frustrating sometimes with the wrong move at the end (he wasn't alone in that) but he was only a fraction away from an assist for Kane, a save from Valdez away from a goal himself and a lovely piece of footwork to draw the foul for the penalty.
On a day where our end product was lacking sharpness across the board, he put in a good shift.

Agree with this. He can look frustrating but he's always trying to do something.
Yesterday I thought he had a great game. You've called out all his big moments - who else got near that level yesterday? Eriksen created one superb through ball for Alli but that was it. Also thought Son was actually our best player on Tuesday - our dominance in that game went down hill after he went off.

Back