• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Boro***

Thought it was going to be one of those days again before the penalty decision. Disappointingly lacklustre once more, and nearly contrived to chuck away two points near the death, allowing De Roon the freedom of the box, but still came away winners, which I doubt the old Spurs would have done.

That's the issue

People were saying we should have got Mane... he is on £150k a week of rumours are true

We punch well well above our weight and Alli is a great example of what can be done

Yep.

Sitting in 2nd when we only have the 6th largest financial clout. Incredible really.

I'd wager there aren't many "threes" that have contributed more goals and assists than Alli, Eriksen and Son.

Sunderland had the most inbred looking fans I have ever saw in my time watching football, some crazy looking people

Yeah. I make an effort to avoid judging on appearances, but the cameraman for the TSN feed evidently thought he was shooting an Attenborough documentary on indigenous wildlife, instead of the f*cking Spurs-Sunderland football game he was being paid to cover - thus, I had no choice. And boy, did I end up judging.

There always gonna get a chance at one Nil and finally having a go
They had feck all to lose so nothing Suprised me
They could have done more of we weren't in control IMO

Yeah, we had a modicum of control, no doubt - but it wasn't complete, was my point. There were times when our solidity vanished - Lloris' shakiness when challenging for the ball with Negredo lurking, the unchallenged crosses into the box, the late De Roon chance...if we'd scored more, they would not have mattered, but as it was they probably made me more nervous than I should have been. Still, they *were* some shaky moments.

You're always going to concede chances though, but the impression will stick more since it's in injury time. Had it been in the 70th minute, we hadn't really discussed it.

You may be right, but I didn't say we weren't solid enough throughout the game - we were. But we weren't completely solid - that De Roon chance was a major potential banana-skin we thankfully avoided.

Spurs werent sharp. However it is a 1-0 nil win and that means 3 points. I am not convinced that we can stand up under pressure. The forward line needs to do their job. The defence is doing theirs!

When our world class stadium opens, our current players will be just hitting their peak and will be world class players. I have no doubt about it. They are getting world class coaching in a world class training facility by a world class coach. We'll be so world class that when you type world class into google you'll get nothing but links to Spurs. In fact they'll have to invent another word for us as we'll have world class oozing out of every orifice.

Spurs werent sharp. However it is a 1-0 nil win and that means 3 points. I am not convinced that we can stand up under pressure. The forward line needs to do their job. The defence is doing theirs!

I know the quality of the opposition is below par. But its 2 clean sheets and another 2 matches nearer to Vertonghen (and hopefully Lamela) returning. Fingers crossed the news on Rose isnt too bad too

Sunken, beetling foreheads and distinct bulges that any respectable Homo Sapiens Sapiens wouldn't be caught dead lumbering around with.

Although I admittedly think that of most opposition fans in the immediate match aftermath. ;)

Lots of grunting going on then....:p

Thought it was going to be one of those days again before the penalty decision. Disappointingly lacklustre once more, and nearly contrived to chuck away two points near the death, allowing De Roon the freedom of the box, but still came away winners, which I doubt the old Spurs would have done.
Lacklustre? Excuse me, but that was fudging far from lacklustre! We pounded them constantly for 85 minutes! My ghod some of the comments in here is just astounding! As soon as we don't win by 3 goals, none of our players are good enough, they don't show desire, they're brick, they don't put any effort into it and so on. WAKE THE fudge UP AND SMELL THE REALITY! WE'RE 2ND!

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Lacklustre? Excuse me, but that was fudging far from lacklustre! We pounded them constantly for 85 minutes! My ghod some of the comments in here is just astounding! As soon as we don't win by 3 goals, none of our players are good enough, they don't show desire, they're brick, they don't put any effort into it and so on. WAKE THE fudge UP AND SMELL THE REALITY! WE'RE 2ND!

All I want to know is why your avatar keeps drawing my eyes to the little light brown spot below the shirt ...

Ludicrous overreaction. Some of our play lacked lustre, that's all.

Was worried about lack of Rose in this game, but have to admire Poch was very clever with his tactics. Putting Son on the left hand side and pushing Davies centrally when attacking gave us that pace and drive down both flanks that I thought we would lose without Rose. We played well, created enough for 3 or 4 goals which we would have hit on another day. From a performance perspective would have been happy if even ended 0-0 considering the stark difference to the Sunderland game, however obviously the win makes it that much better. Pool offer us a different challenge next, so cant wait to see what Poch does next.

Was worried about lack of Rose in this game, but have to admire Poch was very clever with his tactics. Putting Son on the left hand side and pushing Davies centrally when attacking gave us that pace and drive down both flanks that I thought we would lose without Rose. We played well, created enough for 3 or 4 goals which we would have hit on another day. From a performance perspective would have been happy if even ended 0-0 considering the stark difference to the Sunderland game, however obviously the win makes it that much better. Pool offer us a different challenge next, so cant wait to see what Poch does next.

It seems the teams that have sat back against them, let them have the ball and hit them on the counter, have had the most success recently. Its whether we do the same.

Do people actually think Son had a good game? Got a standing ovation and all, MOM. I think that's confusing involvement with actual contribution. He was very involved but extremely wasteful, his decision making horrible. Not a hater, I like Son but I think he has a lot of room for imporvement still.

When our world class stadium opens, our current players will be just hitting their peak and will be world class players. I have no doubt about it. They are getting world class coaching in a world class training facility by a world class coach. We'll be so world class that when you type world class into google you'll get nothing but links to Spurs. In fact they'll have to invent another word for us as we'll have world class oozing out of every orifice.

that's a world class post

Back