• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v aston villa

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t...expects_benteke_to_return_for_villa_1_2903654

Spurs duo still out of action - but AVB expects Benteke to return for Villa

Danny Rose and Etienne Capoue are still out of action and will miss Tottenham’s trip to Aston Villa on Sunday, while Andre Villas-Boas is yet to decide whether to involve Younes Kaboul.

However, Spurs’ head coach expects Aston Villa’s talisman Christian Benteke to return from injury and lead the line for the hosts.

Rose has been absent for the last month, having limped out of the 3-0 home win over Tromso in the Europa League with a toe injury, while Capoue was stretchered off in the north London derby against Arsenal on September 1 with ankle ligament damage.

“Capoue is coming back to training next week and, bearing in mind the six-week or seven-week absence, he will be a little bit off form so we’ll have to build him up a little bit,” said Villas-Boas.

“On Danny Rose, we made a substantial development [during the international break] but unfortunately not enough to make him risk playing this game – but, again, hopefully we’ll see him back in training within the next week.

“With Younes, we’ve also a made significant recovery. He was very close to full fitness. Bearing in mind the constant setbacks we have kept him training alone, probably restricting the muscles a little bit, so he’s in with a chance to be involved [against Villa] but we’ll have to make that decision and it’s more sensible to delay it a bit more.”

Aaron Lennon is expected to be available for Spurs after recovering from the foot injury that he suffered on the opening day of the season against Crystal Palace – but Villa are also likely to be boosted by the return of Benteke.

The striker has been on international duty with Jan Vertonghen and Mousa Dembele, who have reported that their international team-mate is ready to play.

“That’s the information I’ve been given from them,” said Villas-Boas. “He was involved [with Belgium], he was called up and he was in contention to play in their games. From my understanding, he’s training so I would expect him to play.

“He’s showing all of his potential at the moment. We’ve seen him scoring goals, seen how he acts as a direct striker for Villa and I think we all agree that, with him, Villa are a different proposition. He has a great career ahead, the goals he’s scored have shown that.

“I [managed a team] against him when I was at Porto. He wasn’t playing at the time, he wasn’t involved for Genk and I wasn’t aware that he had this immense potential, but credit to him.

“The Belgium squad is full of great internationals and they can be one of the surprises of the World Cup.

Was hoping we might have Capoue back for this game, not too bad though having Lennon and Kaboul in the sqaud. Seems an age since we only 2 players on the crock-list, and gpoing by the above they arent far off either.

Selection problems for AVB. But, we do have a run now midweek games too, so plenty of chances to rotate

Real shame that Rose is still out, I'm very uncomfortable with having only lb in the squad.

I'm a bit confused as to why we're playing on Sunday as well, especially the late kickoff on Sunday? Our next game is on Thursday so a) it would be better for us to play earlier and b) I ****ing hate playing on Sundays.

If Naughton has to play then moving Townsend to the left would be a good idea, I'd probably rather just move Vertonghen to LB though.

If Naughton has to play then moving Townsend to the left would be a good idea, I'd probably rather just move Vertonghen to LB though.

Either way, we need at least one left footed player on the left imo.

If Kaboul is ready to start it would probably make moving Vertonghen to left back a lot easier. Kaboul is the defender we have that is best equipped to deal with Benteke physically.

I think Townsend on the left is a great idea with Rose out.

-----------------------Lloris----------------------
Walker-----Dawson-----Vertonghen----Naughton
-------------Sandro------Dembele-----------------
----Lennon---------Eriksen------------Townsend--
----------------------Soldado-----------------------

I changed my mind with Eriksen and Holtby. Though I won't mind Holtby starting.

Rose is out. It sounds like AVB was considering Younes with Jan at left back. Fryers played there in the cup game.

Verts at LB always makes me uncomfortable. He good with the ball at his feet, but more than one winger has roasted him. He just isn't fast enough for the position IMO.

Wish this match is today. It is really annoying to wait for this match until tomorrow after the long 2-week break. This is especially annoying when all ther other teams are playing today.

Wish this match is today. It is really annoying to wait for this match until tomorrow after the long 2-week break. This is especially annoying when all ther other teams are playing today.

Especially after the last shower of sh** we saw a few weeks ago. Break has been a nightmare

yeah this i don't get
we've got europe mid week - so we should get an early start to space out the games

Back