• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v aston villa

If Naughton starts at left back I really want to see Townsend on the left wing.

Sandro to start. Soldado to start. Probably close between Paulinho and Dembele, but I would go for Paulinho.

That's a shame....don't really want to throw Chiriches in against Benteke so Naughton at lb it is (AVB can you please recall BAE or buy a LB in jan).

I do. At least Vertonghen plays left back for Belgium and knows how to play the position, better than Naughton does anyway.

---------------Lloris-----------------
Walker--Daws----Verts------Rose
---------Sandro---Dembele-------
--Townsend---Holtby----Siggy--
----------------Soldado-----------

That would be my team as well. Rest Paulinho after a busy schedule and travel, Sandro has looked good and will relish the chance. Holtby deserves a start, Eriksen has went off the boil a little lately and there is no reason not give Holtby his chance now especially as he should be fresh with no international duty. Defoe had his chance and that obviously didn't work out. Siggy and Townsend pick themselves at this point as does the back 4 assuming Rose is healthy.

Not sure Dawson "picks himself", especially after his performance. The sooner Kaboul stops being a crock or Chiriches gets settled the better.

Not sure Dawson "picks himself", especially after his performance. The sooner Kaboul stops being a crock or Chiriches gets settled the better.

Well I agree don't think he should be an automatic starter but Kaboul is never fit and Chiriches is an unknown. I would be fine starting Kaboul in his place and would actually prefer that IF he is healthy

Naughton is fine as a back up to Walker on the right, but he shouldn't play left back in my view. Of course Vertonghen should play centre back when we have a decent option for left back, but if Kaboul isn't fit then Chiriches needs to step up. Right now I'd rather take the risk with Chiriches against Villa than the risk of Naughton at left back. The lad's looked promising whenever I've seen him on the right but has never impressed on the left.

Our lack of league goals so far is pretty frustrating, but I still have faith that everything will gel sooner rather than later and our attacking players will start to fulfil their potential... on paper, a squad with Eriksen, Lamela and Soldado should have a few goals in it. And although I'd be tempted to play all three on Sunday, I don't think you can drop Townsend or Sigurdsson right now as they've both just hit form. As I've said before, I'm not *quite* as impressed with Townsend as everyone else (and that goal he scored for England is just going to encourage his tendency to take long-range shots and I'm not sure his on-target percentage is good enough to justify it), but he's certainly done enough to warrant a starting place. I still think Lennon's the better player (not the most popular opinion, I know) but it's great to see competition for places and Lennon will have to be at his best to oust Townsend - which can only be good for Spurs.

I'd play...

---------------------- Lloris
Walker ----- Dawson --------- Chiriches ----- Vertonghen
--------------- Sandro ----- Paulinho
Townsend ----------- Eriksen ---------------- Sigurdsson
--------------------- Soldado

Bench: Friedel, Naughton, Dembele, Holtby, Lamela, Chadli, Defoe.

(this assumes Kaboul, Lennon, Capoue, Rose, etc. are all still injured).

The SS news reported he is fit to play. :(

Sh1t. Facing Benteke is just what we need - not!

How come the return from injury of players at other clubs often is SOONER than anticipated (especially when due to play against us!) while our players invariably seem to be out for a lot longer than originally anticipated.

Are our back room staff doing the best job?

Andre, please stop messing around and play Sandro. Please.

-------------------Lloris--------------------

Walker------Daws----------Verts-------Rose (\o/ finally, a real live left-back!)

------------Sandro---------Paulinho---------

Townsend---------Eriksen--------------Siggy

----------------Soldado---------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Dembele, Holtby, Chadli, Defoe

Big Sam will give tactical instructions to Lambert from the stands and we'll lose 3-0 again.

And he is just back from a long injury lay off so his match sharpness will be somewhat dulled.

Nailed on for a hat-trick now. :p

Last edited:
[video=youtube;aN56YYgrjxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aN56YYgrjxM[/video]

Great to see Ade and Lennon back in training. Don't see Rose.

And Sandro... My love for this man knows no bounds

And he is just back from a long injury lay off so his match sharpness will be somewhat dulled.

Unfortunately, against us, no matter how long a player has been out, they always seem to come back fully fit and energised as if they had never been away.

Hope you are right though.

[video=youtube;aN56YYgrjxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aN56YYgrjxM[/video]

Great to see Ade and Lennon back in training. Don't see Rose.

And Sandro... My love for this man knows no bounds

Sandro needs to play. Townsend down the left finally? :-k

Back