• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v aston villa

Super excited about today, first game of the season I can get too. Meeting up with old mate for a few drinks befor hand then watching spurs win 2-1. Plus it's the nearest game for me to travel to from sunny Ludlow.

Good results for City, **** and Chavs yesterday.
Not a bad result for Liverpool either.
Losing not an option today. A win would keep us up there in the pack, and thats very important.

For me, it's got to be:

.....................Lloris
...Walker...Daws..Vertonghen..Naughton
.............Sandro..Paulinho
..Lamela......Eriksen......Townsend
.................Soldado

Subs to include Dembele, Defoe, Siggy, Ade and Lennon

I've made no secret of my pretty negative views on Townsend, but I accept that he's in good form and confident and on that basis must start.
But Lamela needs to start getting into the action, and for me Townsend shifting to the left and Lamela on the right is the way to accommodate both. I would imagine Villa will expect Townsend to start on the right, so it'll do no harm to shift him to the other side - it also makes it less likely that ever other attack will end with him cutting inside onto his right before blasting wide!!
Sandro and Paulinho make (I think) a pretty devastating central pairing. I'd like to see them start together, even though that comes at the cost of Dembele being benched.
Soldado rather than Defoe for me - he's a class act and knows where the net is, he just needs to get a goal and it'll come good.

COYS.

For me, it's got to be:

.....................Lloris
...Walker...Daws..Vertonghen..Naughton
.............Sandro..Paulinho
..Lamela......Eriksen......Townsend
.................Soldado

Subs to include Dembele, Defoe, Siggy, Ade and Lennon

I've made no secret of my pretty negative views on Townsend, but I accept that he's in good form and confident and on that basis must start.
But Lamela needs to start getting into the action, and for me Townsend shifting to the left and Lamela on the right is the way to accommodate both. I would imagine Villa will expect Townsend to start on the right, so it'll do no harm to shift him to the other side - it also makes it less likely that ever other attack will end with him cutting inside onto his right before blasting wide!!
Sandro and Paulinho make (I think) a pretty devastating central pairing. I'd like to see them start together, even though that comes at the cost of Dembele being benched.
Soldado rather than Defoe for me - he's a class act and knows where the net is, he just needs to get a goal and it'll come good.

COYS.

If Townsend starts, it has to be on the right. Lamela hasn't done enough to warrant an automatic spot in the first XI yet.

Must admit I've got a less than great feeling about this.

We can debate the Sigurdsson/Lamela/Townsend/Lennon/Chadli selection headache all we want, but any two from that lot should be 'good enough' anyway.

What we desperately need is for Soldado to finally get started. If Eriksen+Soldado connect as they can and should, we'll score. If we can also contain Benteke, we're good.

Must admit I've got a less than great feeling about this.

We can debate the Sigurdsson/Lamela/Townsend/Lennon/Chadli selection headache all we want, but any two from that lot should be 'good enough' anyway.

What we desperately need is for Soldado to finally get started. If Eriksen+Soldado connect as they can and should, we'll score. If we can also contain Benteke, we're good.

Thought he was going to be out for a few more weeks yet.

Its uncanny how other clubs injuries seem to return quicker than expected, whereas our always seem to drag on.

I thought Rose, Lennon, Kaboul were due back by now.

lets get some music on this thread..

[video=youtube;rGPHkMLJAcA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGPHkMLJAcA[/video]

My team would be:

-----------lloris
walker--dawson--vert--naughton
---------sandro--paulinho
--townsend---chadli----lamela
-----------soldado

Got to have a left footer infront of Naughton -- it might as well be Lamela, since we paid £30m for him, giving him a start might be an idea. Leave Townsend on the right, where he's in good form.

Give Chadli a go, playing off of Soldado. I think Soldado could do with someone getting up alongside him, and Chadli has the presence, touch and goal-threat to do that imo. Bring on Eriksen if we need more guile, but hopefully Lamela can provide that.

My team would be:

-----------lloris
walker--dawson--vert--naughton
---------sandro--paulinho
--townsend---chadli----lamela
-----------soldado

Got to have a left footer infront of Naughton -- it might as well be Lamela, since we paid £30m for him, giving him a start might be an idea. Leave Townsend on the right, where he's in good form.

Give Chadli a go, playing off of Soldado. I think Soldado could do with someone getting up alongside him, and Chadli has the presence, touch and goal-threat to do that imo. Bring on Eriksen if we need more guile, but hopefully Lamela can provide that.

I think playing Lamela out left is not a bad shout but I'm less convinced with playing Chadli in the hole. Eriksen or Holtby for me.

Of the 7 players we have available to play the three positions behind the striker, Chadli is probably my 6th or 7th choice.

Back