• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur - Tromsø IL ***

It was a boring game until Eriksen and Paulinho came on. I think some who watched the Swansea game were expecting more.

AVB says Kaboul was just cramp. The other 2 probably OK.

That was my view at the time.

Younes Kaboul is fine says AVB. Mousa should be fine. Rose will be assessed but hasn't really swollen so again, should be fine.

Missed Walker down the right badly, for me Siggy and Holtby very disappointing, Holtby is like a playground player.

Holtby looks like a dead duck to me. The cameras showed he wilted when Eriksen came on.

Siggy has got to score every game!! I have a bit more hope for him.

Clean sheet and some sacrificial lambs to ease the personnel congestion.

Seriously though these garbage teams lunging into challenges on international class players on the halfway line. It can't go on.

Did you watch the game on TV? What is your opinion of the camera pictures of Holtby when Eriksen came on?

I did. I didn't notice but I think it is a little dangerous to read something into people's expressions when you do not know for certain what they are reacting to.

I did. I didn't notice but I think it is a little dangerous to read something into people's expressions when you do not know for certain what they are reacting to.

bit like Sigurdssons reaction after our goal against Tbilsi

Holtby dropped back after the Eriksen sub and was subbed himself a few minutes later.

I think people's expressions are an excellent way of knowing what their true feelings are.

Holtby looks like a dead duck to me. The cameras showed he wilted when Eriksen came on.

Siggy has got to score every game!! I have a bit more hope for him.

Siggy did not seem to get into the game and Holtby seems to rush everything and has no composure, my comments are also based on the level of the opposition we should have put them to the sword, agree with an earlier post that Townsend was made for this game, he would have frightened them to death and won free kicks every five minutes.

Holtby dropped back after the Eriksen sub and was subbed himself a few minutes later.

I think people's expressions are an excellent way of knowing what their true feelings are.

Yes. Holtby dropped back and filled in.

You do not know that he was reacting to the substitution though.

Siggy did not seem to get into the game and Holtby seems to rush everything and has no composure, my comments are also based on the level of the opposition we should have put them to the sword, agree with an earlier post that Townsend was made for this game, he would have frightened them to death and won free kicks every five minutes.

How would Townsend have been better suited to breaking down a team that sat deep, in numbers?

How would Townsend have been better suited to breaking down a team that sat deep, in numbers?

He would have picked up the ball on the half way line and run at them, Lamela just looked to play it inside all the time, if a team sits deep you just pick up the ball earlier it does not stop you running at players and committing them.

He would have picked up the ball on the half way line and run at them, Lamela just looked to play it inside all the time, if a team sits deep you just pick up the ball earlier it does not stop you running at players and committing them.

There was no one to commit because they were not committing men forward. Townsend would have had as much of the ball as he wanted from the halfway line to the edge of the box and then ran into a wall.

Not as many goals as I would have hoped for, but a very solid performance all-round.

We've now played seven games this season, won six of them and scored 15 goals, conceding just once.

I think that's a pretty good start to 2013-14 by anyone's standards and it gives us a huge springboard to progress from here.

Not as many goals as I would have hoped for, but a very solid performance all-round.

We've now played seven games this season, won six of them and scored 15 goals, conceding just once.

I think that's a pretty good start to 2013-14 by anyone's standards and it gives us a huge springboard to progress from here.

Slight understatement.

PALACE 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 5-0
SWANSEA 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 3-0
ARSENAL 0-1
NORWICH 2-0
TROMSO 3-0

Decent start.

Slight understatement.

PALACE 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 5-0
SWANSEA 1-0
DINAMO TBILISI 3-0
ARSENAL 0-1
NORWICH 2-0
TROMSO 3-0

Decent start.

Considering all our the new signings and players coming back from long term injuries, its a fantastic start...

I think that the other thing that you are missing is that Lamela needs games to get used to his team mates and them to him. Do you think that Townsend will remain first choice over our record signing? Do you think that putting five past Tromso is more important than a comfortable win and aiding the integration of some players who will hopefully play big roles for us? If you cannot bed in Lamela against Tromso, then when do you play him?

Back