• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur - Tromsø IL ***

Shout out to Erik the Viking, was absolutely brilliant at half-time.

That man bleeds lilywhite.

I think that the other thing that you are missing is that Lamela needs games to get used to his team mates and them to him. Do you think that Townsend will remain first choice over our record signing? Do you think that putting five past Tromso is more important than a comfortable win and aiding the integration of some players who will hopefully play big roles for us? If you cannot bed in Lamela against Tromso, then when do you play him?

This. He won't be ready for the pace and physicality in the Premiership, we need to ease him into the team in the Europa League and British football against weaker sides as a sub and in the League Cup. If he impresses in any minutes he gets at Cardiff and then in the game against Villa (which I would like to see him start), then he should be in with a shout to start against Chelsea.

Chelsea under Mourinho are the sort of team who if we are losing to, will defend their lead stoutly (Basel can give us hope..). In such a situation, a player such as Lamela would be perfect from the bench. Most of the other players on the pitch will be tiring and thus space will open up and give him a bit more thinking time/ will mitigate the lack of physicality in his game and most importantly he has the guile to cut open a packed defence or score a worldie. So it might be worthwhile keeping him on the bench for strategic reasons anyway...

We don't need to rush him though, we have a squad including a seasoned PL winger in Lennon (when is he back?) and Sigurdsson who is now coming into his element in this league, along with Townsend who is perfectly suited to it and has enough to roast plenty of the weaker full-backs in the league along with hopefully chipping in a few goals. We also have Chadli who is stacked like a brick house and should deal with the physical side a lot better, even if it seems he is not yet fully adjusted to the pace of English football.

'Remember Berba, Modric' etc. etc...

Ѕhіt game and especially disappointing about the injuries; it's not as if it was a hard or fast-paced tie. Having said that, it's all grist for the bedding-in mill.

article_12ecc1a93f877180_1379621071_9j-4aaqsk.jpg

This is the average position of the Tromso side during the first half. Credit: ITV

The Europa League is such the Europa League. Great goals though.

There was no one to commit because they were not committing men forward. Townsend would have had as much of the ball as he wanted from the halfway line to the edge of the box and then ran into a wall.

In the second half they tired and the game got stretched, IMO Townsend should have been brought on, when Rose went off we lost all our pace.

In the second half they tired and the game got stretched, IMO Townsend should have been brought on, when Rose went off we lost all our pace.

It seemed to me like we were happy to keep the tempo down, pass the ball around and not make it an open game with loads of running. We had already lost two players to injuries, we have a game on Sunday and the game yesterday looked won. So we calmed it down and passed it around.

If you're comfortably winning and want to keep the ball and try conserve energy Townsend would've been the worst player to bring on.
However from a fan's point of view considering how dull the game was I can see why people wanted him to come on.

Still it's a win, another clean sheet, and a game where several new players got game time... roll on Cardiff

That's 7 home wins on the trot (5 EPL)

Since we lost back to back games against Chelsea and Wigan we have only lost to Fulham.

Won 18 Drew 4 (United,Everton,Stoke,Basle) Lost 1

Good game from Les, i thought. Kept his concentration when needed on a couple of occasions and again excellent passing.

Holtby dropped back after the Eriksen sub and was subbed himself a few minutes later.

I think people's expressions are an excellent way of knowing what their true feelings are.

I wish you'd stop making up ****. Holtby's reaction was because he'd just given the ball away in the centre of the pitch which led to that Pritchard lad running straight through on goal(before skying it). It had nothing to do with Eriksen coming on, what a bizarre theory.

Care to share what he said and or did?

Said he thinks of Tottenham as family; that everyone needs a "tribe" to belong to and Tottenham are his "tribe". He went on to say that he's been paying close attention to our games while working for Norwegian TV and he's very excited about our prospects for the season. Just generally said a lot of very positive things about the club, the fans and his time here; he obviously loves the place. He may have been teasing them a bit, but he also related that he'd spoken to several Tromsø fans, both on the plane over and after arrival in London who told him, "We love Tromsø, but we love Spurs even more!"

I wish you'd stop making up ****. Holtby's reaction was because he'd just given the ball away in the centre of the pitch which led to that Pritchard lad running straight through on goal(before skying it). It had nothing to do with Eriksen coming on, what a bizarre theory.

I wish you would start making sense. What are you on about?

I saw the look of resignation on Holtby's face when Eriksen came on. How is that a bizarre theory? He knew the game was over for him and he was subbed himself shortly after.

Not exactly brain science to be able to understand the looks on people's faces.

I wish you would start making sense. What are you on about?

I saw the look of resignation on Holtby's face when Eriksen came on. How is that a bizarre theory? He knew the game was over for him and he was subbed himself shortly after.

Not exactly brain science to be able to understand the looks on people's faces.

Were you watching on ITV? They didn't even show his face ....... why would Holtby have a look of resignation because Eriksen replaced Dembele? That makes zero sense. I implore you to watch it again, Holtby gives the ball away, Tromso through on goal, player misses, Holtby drops to the ground to pull his socks up, Eriksen comes on. Why you're making a big conspiracy out of this I don't know.

I am not making a big conspiracy about it-you are!!!

Holtby saw a guy coming on that was taking his position and he looked disappointed. If you did not see that then fair enough. I did.

Not even a tiny deal let alone a big deal.

Back