• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

To be fair you are just as likely to shout at the tv/radio/dog if you predict a good Defoe performance at the moment too.

Holtby deep would be an interesting one, however Swansea away is not exactly a great game to experiment. They are likely to see a lot of the ball and the tenacity of Scottie P in chasing it down would be useful. It's one game i'd actually start him in. We're away from home and i reckon Swansea will think they can take us, so we should have plenty of opportunities to counter.

Thats just it though - I havent been seeing that tenacity in recent weeks. On consideration I think you're right, as I dont think Holtby is quite ready to play the whole game, but i dont particularly see what Parker at the moment offers us that we couldnt get from a combination of holtby and dembele.

Thats just it though - I havent been seeing that tenacity in recent weeks. On consideration I think you're right, as I dont think Holtby is quite ready to play the whole game, but i dont particularly see what Parker at the moment offers us that we couldnt get from a combination of holtby and dembele.

Playing three games a week would have tired him, i reckon that he'll be fully fit and back to his energetic self this weekend, as he didn't get on for England.

Would be tempted to try the Dembele/Holtby combination against Basel though, if it works well and we get a decent lead Scottie or Carroll could replace him from the bench.

SPURS TEAM NEWS:

Michael Dawson and Aaron Lennon are back in the frame to face Swansea on Saturday.

Centre-back Michael was forced off at half-time in our last outing against Fulham on March 17, a slight muscle injury that denied him the chance to join up with the England squad after he was recalled by Roy Hodgson.

Aaron had to sit out the Fulham match through injury and that ruled him out of international duty as well.

"Michael trained fully today with the team and gave a positive response," reported Andre after training on Thursday.

"Aaron trained fully with the team for the last two days, so they are in contention to come back. Aaron has been excellent for us and it's good to have him back."

Further good news sees Younes Kaboul stepping up his training on his return from a long-term knee injury. "Younes has trained with the team, so let's see how he reacts," added Andre.

Having Azza back is fudging MASSIVE. I keep this one simple, and I think we can get all three points there.
-------------------HUGO----------------
Walker---Verts-------Dawson (or Caulker if MD isn't 100% fit)----BAE
-------Parker---------Dembele----------
Lennon----Siggurdson--------Bale
-----Defoe------------------------

Don't think we've lost too many with Lennon, Bale, and Dembele in the side this year. COYS.

Have learned to take what AVB says re injuries with the proverbial pinch of salt.

As opposed to every other manager who you take at face value?

Interested in what you have taken with a pinch of salt, there will be training ground pictures of Lennon and Dawson training, no?

I have a problem if players thrown in the towel,they get paid not to. Im sure if all the fans on here had the chance they would put 100% in. Whilst we cannot control what the players do on the pitch. They can. So they better try.

Every game supporters will cheer. But as everyone knows the history only they can change it. Just play like they care and if we dont make 4th at least we could say we tried whole heartdly. If we put in bricky performances from here on in,then again we have thrown it away. And i wish we would talk less and just dig in. If we dont get 4th but see we battered teams whilst disappointing at least we went down fighting. Unlike last year.

Exactly this. I'm not really interested in what the players say, because they say EVERY year that we have a better team than Arsenal and we'll finish above them etc. Just do your talking on the pitch please guys, then talk as much as you like AFTER.

I think this international break came at exactly the right time for us and at the worst time for Arsenal. No excuses now, we've got most of our players bar Kaboul and a couple of others. Forget the fixtures too, if we finish in the top 4, it's because we have deserved it over the course of the season, not because of the run in. We've beaten Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal this season so we've proven we can beat anybody and I'm not buying the "we have a harder run in than Arsenal" line. Everyone plays the same fixtures.

I think we'll lose this one sadly, and that'll be our top four hopes all but ended. We've given the Juju back to Arsenal sadly and I don't think they're gonna throw it away as easily as we did.

I'm not gonna watch the game - if we win, I'll be delighted to have been proved wrong and I will promise not to watch another league game this season in case that in some way brings the team luck.

This place is starting to sound like RAWK. Get behind your team win lose or draw.

We dominated these guys at the lane giving them 0 shots on target in 90mins. More of that please.

Getting ready to hit the road for South Wales in an hour. Looking forward to the game tomorrow. seems a lieftime since the Fulham game.
Hopefully it will be another 'cracking' away day just like WBA.

COYS 'Lets do it'

As opposed to every other manager who you take at face value?

Interested in what you have taken with a pinch of salt, there will be training ground pictures of Lennon and Dawson training, no?

Scottie, Younes and Sandro were all supposed to be only out "for a couple of weeks" , no?

Tbh I thought he looked like that against Fulham, something is wrong with him.

agreed. He looks in danger of burn out. too much expectation resting on his shoulders.

He has played too many games, has recently had the flu and is looking knackered and is plainly carrying a knock. I would rest him too. only bring him back when he is 100% fit. better to rest him now and have a fully fit Bale for the rest of the run in rather than have him at only 60% throughout

Agreed. Swansea will try and 'play' .. We are very good at cutting teams down that try and express themselves. We could really give them a hammering in my opinion.

I think there are a few teams who we could/should have given a hammering to this season, I really hope goal difference doesnt play a part at the end of the season.

Unfortunately you need a striker who can score goals in order to hammer teams........alas for defoe and the ade.......

Back to the game Lennon being back is massive - hopefully we,avb sets the team up to do what we do best - no fannying around.

There are two things that worry me at the moment though - we can never keep a clean sheet and we are not scoring enough from the top end of the pitch.

Two problems that I hope AVb can address next season and maybe the end of this.

If ever we need Ade and Defoe to get the bit between there teeth its now!!!!!! come on lads!!!!!

Love the positivity here but a reality check is needed.

Bale won't be at his best, I doubt the virus he's had is totally out of his system.

AVB mentioned Lennon has had problems with his hamstring and groin muscles - the latter worries me the most as that cost him half a season a few years back. I think he's being nursed through games.

We've had key players away on international duty, how many have Swansea lost during the week?

Ade is finished - it's been clear for a while. Defoe can have his moments but these are more likely to take place at WHL than away games.

I'd say a point here would normally be a great result, but since the Fulham debacle we really need 3.

All things considered, a win here would be one our best results of the season, especially as Arsenal currently have the no.1 home banker in the league at the moment on Saturday.

Back