• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

This will be a real test of character for the team. After losing our last 3 matches, we need to show we have the mental strength to recover from setbacks. Also, we badly need to win this match to get back the winning formula and to stay in the top 4 race. It is not going to be easy as our goals have dried in recent matches. Hope we will be ruthless and determined to win this match.

How badly we need Bale to get back his goal scoring run again ! Apart from Bale, just cannot see who else can score for us now. He is the only player who can lift the entire team ! Hope Bale will be fully fit for this match and inspire us to victory. I would prefer Defor to start in attack. Just cannot see what Adebayor brings to the team as he seems to be in lazy mode all the time. Both Defoe and Dempsey, if he plays, badly need a goal rediscover their earlier goal scoring run. Hope both can score in this match.

Our midfield have not been at their best in recent matches. Hope they can get back their form in this match. Dembele and Parkers need to be ruthless and commanding in midfeld. We cannot let Swansea play their normal attacking game. We badly missed Lennon in the last 3 matches. It seems our attacking play is badly affected when Lennon is not playing. Hope Lennon will be fit to play. Sigurdsson was in fine form before the losing run. Hope Lennon and him will be at their best to assist Bale and Defoe in attack.

Our defence have been leaking goals like mad in recent matches. Conceding 8 goals in 3 matches is a shyte record anyway you look at it. Hope they will do something to stop conceding goals. We need to concentrate on safety-first defending instead of trying to be too clever. Would prefer Vertonghen and Dawson in defence as they seem to be our best pairing now. Hope Lloris will be fit for this match. Will be very disappointed if we cannot keep a clean sheet in this match.

With Arsenal closing on us, we cannot afford to lose points in this match. We badly need to beat Swansea to stay in the top 4 race. Also, we need to get back our winning mood before facing Basel in EL next week. Hope we will get that much needed win !

Any official team news yet ?

After losing our last 3 matches, just can't feel motivated for this match. Hope the team will lift our morale. Really don't care how we play as long as we win !

Even the media seem to be demotivated about us now after the 3-match losing run. Fox Sports are not showing this match live and the annoying thing is they are only showing the delayed telecast tomorrow ! So, anyone who knows of any working stream for this match, do pm me.

AVB said we need 72 points to 100% secure 4th, thats 18 from the remaining 8 games...

Thats tough but I feel we can do it 100%

AVB said we need 72 points to 100% secure 4th, thats 18 from the remaining 8 games...

Thats tough but I feel we can do it 100%

Thought he said that he thought 70 would do it - he then went on to say that we therefore needed 16 more points from the last 8

Thought he said that he thought 70 would do it - he then went on to say that we therefore needed 16 more points from the last 8

I'm inn the camp that thinks we will need 72pts. I wouldnt put it past Arsenal to pick up 21 from their last 27 available, and with our inferior GD we would need 18 from 8

SAT MAR 30 SWANSEA A 15.00 1-1
SUN APR 7 EVERTON H 14.05 2-0
SUN APR 14 CHELSEA A 16.00 0-0
SUN APR 21 Emirates Marketing Project H 13.30 1-5
SAT APR 27 WIGAN A 15.00 2-1
SAT MAY 4 SOTON H 15.00 2-0 Blackburn
SUN MAY 12 STOKE A 15.00 1-2
SUN MAY 19 SUNDERLAND H 16.00 1-0

Last season’s results were

W 4 D 2 L 2

Same results this season gives us 68 points. Which has been enough to ensure 4th place in every season since the EPL went to 20 teams in 1995 I believe.

http://www.worldfootball.net/spielplan/eng-premier-league-2011-2012-spieltag/38/

So a draw today would not be the end of the world.

Swansea have lost 3 out of their last 4 EPL games and surrendered easily in their last game against Arsenal. They have little to play for as I think they already secured a Europa spot?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/results

Last edited:
SAT MAR 30 SWANSEA A 15.00 1-1
SUN APR 7 EVERTON H 14.05 2-0
SUN APR 14 CHELSEA A 16.00 0-0
SUN APR 21 Emirates Marketing Project H 13.30 1-5
SAT APR 27 WIGAN A 15.00 2-1
SAT MAY 4 SOTON H 15.00 2-0 Blackburn
SUN MAY 12 STOKE A 15.00 1-2
SUN MAY 19 SUNDERLAND H 16.00 1-0

Last season’s results were

W 4 D 2 L 2

Same results this season gives us 68 points. Which has been enough to ensure 4th place in every season since the EPL went to 20 teams in 1988 I believe.

http://www.worldfootball.net/spielpl...3-spieltag/38/

So a draw today would not be the end of the world.

Swansea have lost 3 out of their last 4 EPL games and surrendered easily in their last game against Arsenal. They have little to play for as I think they already secured a Europa spot?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/results

Yes, as winners of the Football League (Capital One) Cup, Swansea get an automatic entry into the third qualifying round of the 2013-14 UEFA Europa League

Legend at the game today

BGm6NMvCAAA55Rd.jpg

Back