• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

some people seem to think that by saying that we aren't going to be qualifying for the CL in such a matter of fact way that it will hurt less if that's what happens.

any 'supporter' writing off our chances already surely cant have any complaints if the players have already thrown in towel also?

exactly this.

I have a problem if players thrown in the towel,they get paid not to. Im sure if all the fans on here had the chance they would put 100% in. Whilst we cannot control what the players do on the pitch. They can. So they better try.

Every game supporters will cheer. But as everyone knows the history only they can change it. Just play like they care and if we dont make 4th at least we could say we tried whole heartdly. If we put in bricky performances from here on in,then again we have thrown it away. And i wish we would talk less and just dig in. If we dont get 4th but see we battered teams whilst disappointing at least we went down fighting. Unlike last year.

some people seem to think that by saying that we aren't going to be qualifying for the CL in such a matter of fact way that it will hurt less if that's what happens.

any 'supporter' writing off our chances already surely cant have any complaints if the players have already thrown in towel also?

=D>

chicken and egg situation.....who has thrown the towel in first????:-k

not sure i agree, we have emotion invested in it whereas the players are merely being paid to due a job, they have no excuse for lack of application, we have every excuse for protecting ourselves from the despair another fudge up will bring

Back to the game in hand - has anyone seen any news/quotes/tweets/evidence to suggest whether or not Lennon will be fit for Saturday? Such a key player for us and we're infinitely easier to defend against when he's out

Anyone watch Bale against Croatia? He looked injured/knackered or both to me. When all his teammates were running there arses off defending against the Croatian backlash, he was jogging around like he was 'pretending' to be involved. He kept stretching/feeling his ankle, and when he got into a sprint at the fullback situation, the tank was empty. He made Wales look a 10 man team!
Think he needs to be rested for this one, and his affection for the Liberty Stadium can't be that great after the other night.

Anyone watch Bale against Croatia? He looked injured/knackered or both to me. When all his teammates were running there arses off defending against the Croatian backlash, he was jogging around like he was 'pretending' to be involved. He kept stretching/feeling his ankle, and when he got into a sprint at the fullback situation, the tank was empty. He made Wales look a 10 man team!
Think he needs to be rested for this one, and his affection for the Liberty Stadium can't be that great after the other night.

Rested after we've just lost 2 league games on the bounce and are doing our best to throw away CL football?!?!? Not a chance. If he needs a break, he should sit out the Basel game next Thurs

Tbh I thought he looked like that against Fulham, something is wrong with him.

Rested after we've just lost 2 league games on the bounce and are doing our best to throw away CL football?!?!? Not a chance. If he needs a break, he should sit out the Basel game next Thurs

Yes, but did you see him play for Wales, and would you want that Bale to turn up on Saturday?

Yes, but did you see him play for Wales, and would you want that Bale to turn up on Saturday?

No I didnt but if he's fit, he plays. Its not as if we have other CFs who are remotely in form. There's not the slightest chance I would leave Bale out and nor would AVB - imagine the slating he would get from the media and fans if Bale was rested and we dropped even more points!

Bale has lost that explosive element at the moment...i think he is the type that needs to be 100% fit and feeling fine in order to perform. Right now he is not in that shape or frame of mind.

however, we are fooked attacking wise without him. He has to play

Tottenham manager Andres Villas-Boas has been speaking about Wales winger Gareth Bale: "For us club coaches we are happier when (the players) return and when they return with no injuries.

"We've been lucky because of the change of habits, the change of training, the travelling, there are always minor issues that can happen.

"But most of the boys are here and most of the boys are fine. Gareth is fine.

Andre: 'Dawson has trained fully today with the team and @Aaron7Lennon has two full days under his belt.'

Get in about Lennon, right that's it, back to basics, no more fannying around with tactics and formations, lets get back to how we played during our last good run:

......................Ade

Bale.............Siggy.........Lennon

.........Moose.......Parker

BAE....Verts.....Daws.....Walker

...................Lloris

Agree with that team NWND. Bale HAS to start on the left from now to the end of the season. He can wonder sure, but he should never start in the middle. If he wants to switch it up between himself, Siggy and Lennon during the match it's fine but we don't create enough when he isn't on the left in my opinion. Look at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, one of the best performances I have seen from any player at White Hart Lane, let alone one of Bales best ever performances, he started on the left.

Get in about Lennon, right that's it, back to basics, no more fannying around with tactics and formations, lets get back to how we played during our last good run:

......................Ade

Bale.............Siggy.........Lennon

.........Moose.......Parker

BAE....Verts.....Daws.....Walker

...................Lloris

Yeah that is probably our best team at the moment. Some might argue about the full backs but even though they have been inconsistent they are our best full backs.
Ade or Defoe - does it matter really.
I agree with Mumorn on Bale too. He needs to start left.

Lloris
Walker
Dawson
Vertongen
Assou-Ekotto
Holtby
Dembele
Lennon
Sig
Bale
Defoe

Defoe JUST about gets it for me...every time I predict a good Ade performance i ended up shouting at the tv/radio/dog. I'd go for holtby over parker just because I think we've lost a convincing dynamic element to our midfield; i admire the way parker's gone about this box to both stuff, but I just dont think he has the physicality to do it well these days, or the speed of thought. Holtby's been talking this week about how he sees himself in that role, and Dembele's been pretty good breaking up play recently, so why not?

Lloris
Walker
Dawson
Vertongen
Assou-Ekotto
Holtby
Dembele
Lennon
Sig
Bale
Defoe

Defoe JUST about gets it for me...every time I predict a good Ade performance i ended up shouting at the tv/radio/dog. I'd go for holtby over parker just because I think we've lost a convincing dynamic element to our midfield; i admire for the way parker's gone about this box to both stuff, but I just dont think he has the physicality to do it these days, or the speed of thought. Holtby's been talking this week about how he sees himself in that role, and Dembele's been pretty good breaking up play recently, so why not?

To be fair you are just as likely to shout at the tv/radio/dog if you predict a good Defoe performance at the moment too.

Holtby deep would be an interesting one, however Swansea away is not exactly a great game to experiment. They are likely to see a lot of the ball and the tenacity of Scottie P in chasing it down would be useful. It's one game i'd actually start him in. We're away from home and i reckon Swansea will think they can take us, so we should have plenty of opportunities to counter.

Back