• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

I understand what Steff is saying. Luck we consider to be a flukey goal, an offside goal or a penalty that should or should not have been given, even a kind referee decision. So obviously Stoke were very lucky against us last season I actually can't think of any instances where we have won games this season through "being lucky." What you are calling luck I would be more inclined to define as "fine margins" now there have been plenty of those for and against us. For every Nathan Dyer header against the bar I will raise you Jermain Defoe hitting the ball at point blank straight at Schwarzer. I think we have generally defended well this season and ground out results. If this was utd most footballing pundits would be creaming themselves. What's cost us in the league imo certainly against Fulham and Wigan at home and possibly Liverpool away, is playing in the Europa League. We don't have a good enough squad so many of our players are knackered e.g. Walker, for it but credit to AVB for trying to win it.

We have had plenty of all the above. More than our fair share imo.

We have had plenty of all the above. More than our fair share imo.

I think the quality of the league these days has something to do with it. I mean look at Man United, have they really been that good this season? And yet they are 15 points clear and have set a record in terms of points at this stage of the season. The overall quality of the league has dipped to such an extent that you don't even have to play well for 90 minutes to win most games if you are in and around the top 4.

I think the quality of the league these days has something to do with it. I mean look at Man United, have they really been that good this season? And yet they are 15 points clear and have set a record in terms of points at this stage of the season. The overall quality of the league has dipped to such an extent that you don't even have to play well for 90 minutes to win most games if you are in and around the top 4.

I don't get it. Is this a new thing?

You never had to play well for 90 minutes to win most games. What you had to do was to take the chances that you created when you were in the ascendency.

Which is what the top teams did, and still do.

I don't get it. Is this a new thing?

You never had to play well for 90 minutes to win most games. What you had to do was to take the chances that you created when you were in the ascendency.

Which is what the top teams did, and still do.

The overall quality of the league was better 5 years ago, so the top teams maybe didn't have to be at their best every game, but they had to be BETTER than they do now. That's my view.

Enjoyed that away day thing on MOTD2... Summed up the mood of most sensible Spurs fans... ("oh no here we go again...")

Squeaky bum time indeed.

Enjoyed that away day thing on MOTD2... Summed up the mood of most sensible Spurs fans... ("oh no here we go again...")

Squeaky bum time indeed.

Cheers for the tip, going to see if its on Catch-up and watch it this morning

By the way, havent read through all the OMT, so dont know if anybody has asked, 9 away wins now this season, is that our best tally in the PL era??

Just had a flick through the last 20 tables. 9 away wins is our best ever haul in the PL era \o/

did you enjoy your time down here in luvely luvely south west wales. Where did you park in the end??

bit surreal for me for the last twenty years or so travelling in a 10hour round trip,to see spurs play,took me 15 mins to see them play this time and back in time for final score !!!!

did you enjoy your time down here in luvely luvely south west wales. Where did you park in the end??

bit surreal for me for the last twenty years or so travelling in a 10hour round trip,to see spurs play,took me 15 mins to see them play this time and back in time for final score !!!!

Ha ha, just seen the other post, weird timing indeed.

Enjoyed our stay, stopped at the Premier Inn at Bridgend, right next door to an Odeon cinmena and a Harvester, no complaints, will stay there again for sure.
Only about 20 min drive to Swansea, hopefully its not a midweek game next season

Back