• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

I was really looking forward to having this short break, but now I'm starting to miss football. :(

Just hope all the players are geared up for the final stretch of the season and ready to give it everything they've got.

I was really looking forward to having this short break, but now I'm starting to miss football. :(

Just hope all the players are geared up for the final stretch of the season and ready to give it everything they've got.

I too miss proper football.

But i take solace in the fact it should help our season. Bale has his stomach virus on international duty, Lennon and Dawson get two weeks off. Some squad members get minutes of competitive football.

I feel this break has been far kinder than previous.

I too miss proper football.

But i take solace in the fact it should help our season. Bale has his stomach virus on international duty, Lennon and Dawson get two weeks off. Some squad members get minutes of competitive football.

So far.

Bale has his stomach virus on international duty, Lennon and Dawson get two weeks off. Some squad members get minutes of competitive football.

Good points. Winning managers are lucky.

Same here. Just imagine, there are only 8 matches to go before the season finishes. Feel like the season has gone too fast ! Without Euro or WC, it is often very boring without football from June until the new season starts in August.

Im actually turning my phone off this Saturday between the hours of 3 and 5pm as I dont want to know the score. I will probably check at some point in the evening but I have actually lost interest in Spurs as I know we wont get Champions League football now so I am not going to let myself worry about it....

Referee:
Assistant:
Assistant:
Fourth Official:
Anthony Taylor
Simon Long
Andy Garratt
Roger East

Considering the relatively small pool of referees it's surprising that Taylor has not refereed us since the 2-0 win at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in December 2010.

Im actually turning my phone off this Saturday between the hours of 3 and 5pm as I dont want to know the score. I will probably check at some point in the evening but I have actually lost interest in Spurs as I know we wont get Champions League football now so I am not going to let myself worry about it....

thats the spirit! :ross:

That's like when a relationship is going down the pan and you switch your phone off because you don't want to deal with their crap. Football is different from relationships..you can't just go on the site Plenty of Football and pick a new team that won't hurt you by building up your expectations before destroying them.

It's like a long term relationship in an arranged marriage kind of way. You don't always get to choose to follow the club from the start, but you get hooked, and then that's it!! You are with that football team for good. You are going to have rough patches that leave you screaming 'why?!', but then you'll have the good times when you're screaming with pleasure! They put us through the mill but you can never give up and switching your phone off here is the sign of defeat. Imagine if the players decided to follow your attitude themselves... Oh we won't finish 4th, lets not bother trying to defend!!

Keep with the team, get behind the team and let's hope they can serve us up a sumptuous feast of Champions League football and not yesterday's leftovers which had tasted disgusting first time around! Not their fault if they can't cook as well as we'd like, as long as they do all in their power to be the best that they can be.

i was more re-reading the fickle nature of ggg's post mate. not necessarily a dig at you.. just can't stand the people getting their noses out joint because a couple of dicey results..

your relationship escapades are corny, but not necessarily pathetic :)

i was more re-reading the fickle nature of ggg's post mate. not necessarily a dig at you.. just can't stand the people getting their noses out joint because a couple of dicey results..

your relationship escapades are corny, but not necessarily pathetic :)

Same here and the relationship comparison stems from one of the threads in Random.

I think all our expectations for the club have increased to the point where 4th will only satisfy. Crazy how quickly this has happened when 10 years back, we were struggling! That means fans get disappointed too quickly and can't see the real picture, and this disappointment is only heightened by the fact that every year we seem to put ourselves in a great position before the wheels come off.

I think it's a case of being realistic, knowing what has been in the past and then just getting behind the team and hoping that we get the best result possible. And I'd prefer to be there for the journey and be disappointed than to not be there at all for both success and failure. The side puts us all through the mill but we'll never really walk away, we can't.

So what about Kaboul? 8 league games left now, before Christmas I just it was pure pessimsim (is that even a word?) that made me think we wouldnt see him play this season..now its getting worringly close to being correct

I don't think we'll see him back at top level this season. If anything he'll get a few appearances but might be struggling to find form and there will be a thread set up by someone insisting that Kaboul is now crap and needs to be moved on quickly.

I don't think we'll see him back at top level this season. If anything he'll get a few appearances but might be struggling to find form and there will be a thread set up by someone insisting that Kaboul is now crap and needs to be moved on quickly.

Pretty much agree with this. Might be better for him if he has the summer to continue his rehab and come back fully fit at the start of next season.

The only way to see if he's as good as last season is to wait and see.

Im just switching off for a while. I will always be Spurs, but after last seasons heartache I have tried to not let it get to me. I reckon by the time Im 40, I will have less enthusiasm about football as a whole, unless I have kids to bring them into the game. Every season it hurts me less when we lose, and switching off from it does sort of help me I find now. Not reading newspapers, not watching other games etc.

All this would have been different had we not lost our last 2 games obviously! But then I am fickle...

Im just switching off for a while. I will always be Spurs, but after last seasons heartache I have tried to not let it get to me. I reckon by the time Im 40, I will have less enthusiasm about football as a whole, unless I have kids to bring them into the game. Every season it hurts me less when we lose, and switching off from it does sort of help me I find now. Not reading newspapers, not watching other games etc.

All this would have been different had we not lost our last 2 games obviously! But then I am fickle...

as are most fans - I havent even been able to look at this board since the fulham defeat - or spurs news now. Well I feel I have had a little break from spurs and we will see what the run in brings.......... the problem is that feeling that it will always go wrong and they will always get there st totteringham day.

The end of last season could not have been a bigger excrement on totteham if it tried. so I know what you mean.

Spurs either break my heart or bring me uncontrolled joy its just the way of things - I really want us to finish top 4 and win the europa.

Time to get back in the spurs saddle and see what will be........

I just hope we start fighting when we play the rest of our games rather than lying down and acting like pussies.

COYS win 5-1 then we can all get back to raving about were gonna win the league and rule the world...........!

thats the spirit! :ross:

some people seem to think that by saying that we aren't going to be qualifying for the CL in such a matter of fact way that it will hurt less if that's what happens.

any 'supporter' writing off our chances already surely cant have any complaints if the players have already thrown in towel also?

Last edited:
Back