• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

Quite a bit of snow being forecast for fri/sat/sun in the south-east.

Obviously they will heat the pitch, but I wonder if it may cause postponement due transport issues

Hope the ground staff are taking note of the forecasts of blizzard conditions. Seem to remember a bizarre postponement last winter when despite a perfectly clear pitch because of undersoil heating, the groundsman had no spades with which to clear the snow from the seating.

:ross:

It's simple why United are odds against. It's because they aren't likely to beat us.

I fancied us not to lose yesterday, still feel the same today.

Why would Utd be odds on to win, now that would be crazy.

BALE ON UNITED:

Gareth Bale has underlined the importance of our thrilling 3-2 win at Manchester United in September as we prepare to meet the Premier League leaders again on Sunday.

The flying winger scored a fantastic goal as we secured our first victory at Old Trafford since 1989.

Jan Vertonghen opened the scoring and Gareth made it 2-0 as we took the game by the scruff of the neck.

As expected, United hit back for 2-1, Clint Dempsey scored what turned out to be the winner for 3-1 before United made it 3-2 – those final three goals in the space of four breathtaking minutes at the start of the second half.

“That win stood us in good stead,” said Gareth. “It gave us confidence and belief to do what we’ve done so far this season.”

United arrive at the Lane on Sunday sitting top of the Premier League by seven points from Emirates Marketing Project.

It a clash of top in-form teams – United have won nine of their last 10, while we’re fourth after putting together seven wins and two draws in our last 10 in the Premier League.

“We haven’t lost in a while and confidence is high,” added Gareth. “Okay, it was a scrappy game and a disappointing result at QPR, but we’re all looking forward to United. It’s a big test and will show where we are as a team.

“We’ll continue to do what we’ve been doing and hopefully we’ll get the three points.”

DEFOE ON UNITED:

Jermain Defoe described Manchester United as 'a great team' but insisted: "We're good enough to beat them."

United are seven points clear at the top of the Premier League after winning 18 and losing just three of their 22 matches so far this season.

One of those defeats - and their only loss in a record of 10 wins in 11 at home - was against us back in September, when we secured our first win at Old Trafford since 1989 in impressive style.

"What can you say about United?" said Jermain, who set-up the third goal in that 3-2 victory. "They are a great side with great players and it will be a big test for us.

"But they know it will be difficult for them as well when they come to White Hart Lane.

"Hopefully we can get the three points - and we're more than good enough to do that with the players we've got here."

JD - 14 goals to his name this term - has been impressed with Robin van Persie's form for United, the Dutch striker currently with 21 goals in 27 appearances this season.

"He’s on fire, scoring goals and that was always going to happen," added Jermain. "They've plenty of other dangerous players as well.

"It will be a difficult game but we're all looking forward to it."

Any win will do. Probably one of our toughest remaining fixtures.

Worried about this one. My Spurs supporting mate has not stopped going on about their win at OT. Tiresome.

we need to smash them to put glaston and africanspur in their place

What if we went Jones right back and Rafael right mid? It would nullify the Bale threat. I think they'd link up well too and we wouldn't have to play Valencia.

Having Rafael and Jones wouldn't ''nullify'' Bale, he's a fantastic player and will be tough to stop anyway. We have better players, and if I was a right back, I'd rather mark Bale, then Rooney or Nani.

Dembele's third opportunity this season to make our midfield look ordinary.

And everyone talking about Bale being man marked must remember he doesn't play only on the left anymore. He roams all over the place. We just need to make sure we cover our center backs when he goes central since he can waltz pass them with ease.

I hope we just pick up the routine win at WHL as per usual. Will be a tough game but with Anderson/Nani back, we should be able to win this.

on last nights showing.......irespective of the penalty.....i dont understand how anybody can justify the selection of rooney.

They tore us apart early in the game, however the 2nd half fight-back was amongst the best performances we've had this season.

In the end we were very unlucky to not to come away with at least a draw.

The best form of defence is attack. Spurs offered no threat to us when we kept them pinned in their half.

But I don't see Spurs doing the double on us, especially now that our troops our back on the pitch. An interesting coincidence, though, that Roo is returning from injury again against Spurs.

We can beat them. Chelsea destroyed them at the lane a few months ago. We can do the same on sunday.

We certainly owe Tottenham one, and we definitely won't get the tactics wrong this time.

We'll have Cleverley in that centre mid area this time round, and Rooney will also drop into there.

Would it be so beyond Spurs to use their midfield to try and intimidate our CMs once more? Carrick still certainly in fine form but is as susceptible as ever if the opposition go out fo their way to make thigns uncomfortable for him.

From a resident Arse fan:

Spurs aren't very good, you'll roll 'em easy.

when Carrick played for us some opposing teams put a man on him and he was totally ineffective, at the time he was very important to the way we played and it stopped us, play Dempsey in the hole and get him on Carrick when we dont have the ball, we can do this lot again.

Back