• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

We certainly owe Tottenham one, and we definitely won't get the tactics wrong this time.

We'll have Cleverley in that centre mid area this time round, and Rooney will also drop into there.

They owe us one?? What for one win in the last 20 games or whatever it was?

I think Dempsey should concentrate on hurting Utd and not worry about Carrick. I'd have Dempsey in my team ahead of Carrick all day long.

My confidence that we won't get beat in this game remains high.

Utd are odds against to win this for good reason, they'll find it a very tough game.

We'll have a stronger team out than when we played them up there, assuming Daws and Naughton start.

They'll have a stronger team too, but assuming Van P and Rooney start, it means we can match up in the mid against them.

Dempsey and Rooney will both drop off I assume, so it will be pretty much an even match up all over the pitch in terms of positions.

In terms of quality Utd have the edge, but we're at home.

A lot will depend on Bale, if he's still being stymied by the refs, then we're in trouble, I just hope he goes for it with the home crowd behind him.

Last edited:
Carrick is on the form of his life, he has been amazing for Man Utd this season. He is absolutely key for Man Utd. It is why I think we did so well in the first half at Old Trafford earlier in the season. Sandro and Dembele BOSSED the midfield and it showed.

I'll take your word for it re Carrick. I've never been a big fan of him, and he never worries me when playing for the oppo.

Carrick played against us at OT and was overshadowed by Scholes who's about 146. Carrick did nothing that day to suggest he will be a great worry to us, but assuming he's playing brilliantly ATM as you say, then that will help give Utd more of an edge.

Parker and Dembele v Carrick and Cleverley seems a fairly even match up, though I worry a bit about Dembele.

Last edited:
Rooney needs to be kept from the hole, that's for sure, but the player who continues to scare me the most is Scholes; IF he plays, we simply have to keep him at least 50 yards from goal. Concentration will be the absolute key in this game, as it's as much about their off the ball running and movement as anything else, and we will have to be very VERY diligent. I expect Lloris to be a busy boy. If he plays Valencia in some effort to curtail Bale, I will be interested to see who plays left-back for us and whether AVB will go slightly narrower up top. My feeling is that he will play Dempsey off Defoe and spend a good 30 mins sizing up the game/speed/rhythm...

With the snow forecast across the UK over the next 24 hours, I suspect this game will get postponed. I doubt much football will survive the weather this weekend.

With the snow forecast across the UK over the next 24 hours, I suspect this game will get postponed. I doubt much football will survive the weather this weekend.

I would think That Ferguson has already paid off GHod to make sure the match goes ahead, I also have visions of Foy running around with fivers sticking out of his back pocket.

660x0.jpg

I wouldnt mind this game being off.

Need a weekend without football - its much more enjoyable.

I like snow too

http://www.footballbookmakers.info/news/tottenham-v-man-united-prediction-20th-january-2013.html

United are favourites-Paddy Power Man United 13/10, Spurs 2/1, Draw 12/5.

I was confident before the away game but with Rooney so conveniently back and RVP rested for the WHam game my confidence is zero.
Ade not being available is a massive disappointment-makes me think of Bale not being available for the Chelsea game. Dunno, just dunno about the outcome.

What are the odds on a dodgy red card for Parker, an offside goal for Manure or stonewall Spurs penalties not given? I'd like to bet my house.

I think our team pick itself...

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen Assou-Ekotto

Parker Dembele

Lennon Dempsey Bale

Defoe​

Back