• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

I think Naughton limits us a bit, but that's just me. He has been great in the past few games. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance at right back though, I think he'd be the perfect foil for Lennon down the right, I think Naughton is a bit more solid defensively than Walker and has a better eye for a pass so we may even see some of those Corluka specials if he does indeed play behind Lennon.

I think Naughton limits us a bit, but that's just me. He has been great in the past few games. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance at right back though, I think he'd be the perfect foil for Lennon down the right, I think Naughton is a bit more solid defensively than Walker and has a better eye for a pass so we may even see some of those Corluka specials if he does indeed play behind Lennon.

Good shout. Somehow I anticipated what you were going to say too and think its possible.

Well Walker was a forward originally so perhaps we needs to utilise him in this way? :D He won't need to cross too often!

I think Naughton might keep his place at LB. Apart from that I go with 6061's team.

I'm beginning to wonder if the game will be played now. The forecast isn't that great.

Hmmm...Foy reffing the game again? Who said he's a homer: do you remember the penalties he DIDN'T give Manure against us at OT???

You can bet Fergie does! And do you think Foy will do those thngs again, or will he give a soft penalty to Manure? Hmmm...I know what i'd bet on...

It's the perfect game for Parker to make his mark back in the team and I think he'll deliver.

Am I right in thinking Parker hasn't played v united yet for us? Missed the OT game this year and last and also he didn't play last season at the lane

Am I right in thinking Parker hasn't played v united yet for us? Missed the OT game this year and last and also he didn't play last season at the lane

Yes, Parker was still with West Ham United for our away match at the beginning of last season and he was suspended for the home game against United in March.

Sir Alex Ferguson would not have been surprised if Andre Villas-Boas had turned his back on the "mad" English game after his spell at Chelsea.

Villas-Boas lasted just eight months at Stamford Bridge before he was booted out by ruthless owner Roman Abramovich.

It was a chastening experience for the 35-year-old, who had made such a positive impression in his native Portugal and whom Abramovich clearly felt had the potential to emulate fellow countryman Jose Mourinho.

Yet it was symptomatic of a league in which increasingly bizarre decisions are made, including Friday's axing of Nigel Adkins by Southampton, which Ferguson has labelled "unfair".

But Villas-Boas stuck it out, accepting the offer of chairman Daniel Levy to coach Tottenham following their own pretty clinical dismissal of Harry Redknapp.

Spurs have gained a reward though, with the London outfit presently fourth in the Premier League - ahead of Arsenal - prior to Manchester United's visit on Sunday.

"He had that short spell at Chelsea and could have said I will stay in Portugal because it is a bit mad in England," said Ferguson.

"But he has taken the challenge.

"In fairness he has gone to a good club with a good history.

"That has been the persuader really and he has coped well.

"He has got them playing the way he wants them, which is what every coach wants.

"He has got his philosophy and ideas across and that has got them to a really good position.

"They will be challenging for the top four. I don't think there is any doubt about that."

http://www.football365.com/tottenham-hotspur/8410976/Fergie-AVB-could-have-departed

Fergie bringing out the flattery again.

Big chance this will be off as looks like more snow for Sunday

Pitch will be ok.......just elf & safety for the surrounding sh*t

Not seen a forecast yet this morning, cheers for the info. Would appreciate any updates from the locals with regards to the weather conditions around Haringey.
We were going to travel down today, but going to leave it until tomorrow morning now, just in case. Anymore info as the day goes on would be much appreciated

Not seen a forecast yet this morning, cheers for the info. Would appreciate any updates from the locals with regards to the weather conditions around Haringey.
We were going to travel down today, but going to leave it until tomorrow morning now, just in case. Anymore info as the day goes on would be much appreciated

There is a big hit of snow coming in from France starting overnight.
Kent, Sussex, Surrey, London to get the worst of it, and it progresses North through the morning, keeping to the eastern side.
I suspect it will be enough to postpone the game.......as previously stated, not due to the pitch, more the travel chaos and fans safety

There's a revised met forecast that we use for aviation due out in next few mins. I'll have a look and see what we can expect. It won't give snow depth, but it is far more accurate in predicting snowfall than the likes of ITV or BBC news

Hmmmm.........forecast is in. And it's actually been revised down marginally.
(this is for gatwick, by the way as it's airport based).

There is definitely light snow forecast between 0300 and 0600 tomorrow morning. That will happen.
After that, for the rest of the day, snow forecast, but we use a probability rating in aviation met forecasting. Prob 30 means a 30% chance, and is unlikely to happen. Prob 40 is obviously a higher chance but still hit and miss. This is now a prob 40 forecast of snow, so they are hedging their bets a bit.

There is no other rating after this. If it's above prob 40, then it WILL happen (like yesterday).

Personally, at this time, I would say light snow is the only definite. I'll research some more and see what I can find

Back