• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

I’ll sleep ok tonight!
Thought we were better than I was expecting!
So I’m quietly pleased we made a game of it.

Would love some investment on the squad, but hey can’t have everything!

Worth remembering we had about 50 goals per season sitting on the bench yesterday.

Moura and Lamela have done well this season, but there’s loads of firepower to come.

If you cut the season in 2, pre Xmas and post Xmas, I imagine the first will be so much harder for us, All the stadium stuff, the WC hangover, the injury list. If we go into the new year averageing 2 pts per game we will have done great and will have a decent platform.

We should then have a fairly fit squad who will be playing home games at our proper home.

What a surprise, Trippier is done down the right and we concede a goal.

Again, and again, and again, and again, and again. Last season, and this season.

The man cannot defend, and he is a liability against anyone faster than a goddamn garden slug.

He's a good asset going forward - in a Beckham-esque wide midfield role, he'd probably do very well. But we need a better right-back - a *much* better right-back.

Apart from that, utterly unsurprising game, although hope sprang eternal.

From the guardian (apologies @scaramanga )

Tottenham Hotspur
Hugo Lloris Poor game, not for the keeping – he made a good save from Mahrez – but for the consistency with which he gave the ball away. 5

Kieran Trippier Crucially misread a header to let in Sterling for the goal but otherwise played well. 6

Toby Alderweireld Solid game from the Belgium centre-half and some trademark lofted passes, too. 7

Dávinson Sánchez Did not make a mistake in the entire game (though one skimmed header caused flutters). Impressive. 7

Ben Davies
Another piece in a well-drilled Spurs backline and got a crucial block to Sterling’s second-half shot. 6

Eric Dier No mistakes and played intelligently as ever but could not impose himself on the game. Subbed 6

Mousa Dembélé A player some way from his very best. Solid enough defensively but lost the ball too often in possession. Subbed. 5

Moussa Sissoko Spurs’ man of the match. As influential as Fernandinho and much more of a pleasant surprise. Strong, fast and decisive. 8

Érik Lamela Gave his all in trying to force the match but it never came off and he missed the game’s best chance late on. 6

Lucas Moura Least involved of all Spurs’ attackers, though he did not stint on effort. Booked for a ludicrous dive and subbed, too. 5

Harry Kane One most un-Kane like touch cost him the chance of a one-on-one and a harsh offside denied another. Otherwise good. 6

Substitutes: Harry Winks (for Dier 67) 6; Dele Alli (for Dembélé 75) 7; Christian Eriksen (for Lucas 81) 6.

What game did this guy watch?
Other than one kick Hugo was fine.
Dembele was shocking, Trippier caused the goal, Davies, moura, dier all poor yet they get higher marks than Hugo?
Sterling and Silva miss open goal, ageuro scuffs a shot straight Hugo, Harry has a Sissoko moment when through goal yet he claims lamela chance is easiest of the night.

That's not a sign of a team not playing well. Just because their keeper didn't have much to do doesn't mean we didn't have some good chances, or misplaced the final ball. If a team hits the woodwork 7 times in a game, the keeper won't have much to do. Doesn't mean though the team didn't play well.

Misplacing passes/final ball is not playing well in my view.

We did well enough in patches, but well is a reach.

Disappointed with the result but can’t say I’m surprised given the form Emirates Marketing Project are in.

I don’t want to single people out for the result but I look at the lineup and 2 players stand out for me as not being good enough in general, not just as a result of last night; Trippier and Dier. Trips struggles against anyone even half decent going forward or anyone quicker than Gareth Barry. Great going forward but he’s just a poor defender. Dier works hard, loves a tackle and is a more than capable backup but I don’t think he’s good enough either. On the ball he’s rather limited and gifts teams too many chances (although not so much last night)

I don’t know why we make so many mistakes in big games and freeze on the big occasion. We won’t win anything until we sort this out. What do people put it down to? Is it nerves? Not like it’s any particular player either, even Toby made one the other day and he’s our best defender IMO.

Thought Lamela was excellent again besides the miss. Son, Alli and Eriksen have all missed sitters so it’s no big deal.

I would like to see Poch pick the best eleven and stick with it when everyone is ready and fit again. My eleven personally would be;

Lloris

Aurier Toby Verts Rose

Winks Wanyama

Moura Alli Eriksen

Kane

Harsh on Son and Lamela but i think Moura gives us something different.

Disappointed with the result but can’t say I’m surprised given the form Emirates Marketing Project are in.

I don’t want to single people out for the result but I look at the lineup and 2 players stand out for me as not being good enough in general, not just as a result of last night; Trippier and Dier. Trips struggles against anyone even half decent going forward or anyone quicker than Gareth Barry. Great going forward but he’s just a poor defender. Dier works hard, loves a tackle and is a more than capable backup but I don’t think he’s good enough either. On the ball he’s rather limited and gifts teams too many chances (although not so much last night)

I don’t know why we make so many mistakes in big games and freeze on the big occasion. We won’t win anything until we sort this out. What do people put it down to? Is it nerves? Not like it’s any particular player either, even Toby made one the other day and he’s our best defender IMO.

Thought Lamela was excellent again besides the miss. Son, Alli and Eriksen have all missed sitters so it’s no big deal.

I would like to see Poch pick the best eleven and stick with it when everyone is ready and fit again. My eleven personally would be;

Lloris

Aurier Toby Verts Rose

Winks Wanyama

Moura Alli Eriksen

Kane

Harsh on Son and Lamela but i think Moura gives us something different.
What did Moura give us last night apart from effort?

I appreciate him and wouldn’t want to sell him, I just don’t think he’s good enough technically and gives the ball away too frequently in dangerous positions. Winks and Wanyama are superior on the ball in my view, they would be the two I would pick in CM.

I really dont understand the negativity Dier is getting these days.

The guys a soldier, I love him, and I think his work is massively under appreciated.

It’s the case of everyone believing Wanyama is better as he isn’t currently playing... then when he comes back half fit again he will look poor and Dier will be the answer

We lost that game yesterday due to one players mistake... trippier. The amount of goals we concede down hai side is scary and is a big issue. That was a basic header for him and he roostered up massively and was as bad as Hugo’s errors IMO as it’s basic

Cut out basic unforced errors and it’s a simple game

I'm not the most tactically minded, I mostly understand them in terms of shape but I thought Poch tactically got things right yesterday. I noticed we were going longer at the beginning of the game to avoid the press, which i thought was the right move too. We looked a lot less bare at the back than we have against City for the last two years. That could have been because City were slightly off it though, it's impossible to know for sure!

Back