• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Not feeling too bad about that really. I had such low expectations. Thought Sanchez was brilliant and Winks and Alli looked ready to go. Eriksen again off the boil as he has been all season.

I don't think the result and performance will hit our morale, and that's an important factor going forwards.

Brave call and although I don’t think he will have changed everyone’s opinion of him, he was our best player tonight. Best game in a Spurs shirt for me.

Good call Sir.

It's a shame he didn't do better when he was clean through for that chance to square it as that would have been the icing on the cake of a good performance, but pleasantly surprised that he seems to be getting a positive reaction. At the very least it can put a stop to him playing well against the Cardiff's of this world and then having it be said 'that's his level'.

We played well tonight as a team. No doubt they had chances but there was just a weird vibe, silly decisions made at crucial moments. Against Liverpool we were bad all the way through, but tonight despite playing well I never had the sense that we had the killer instinct. Wasn't at all surprised about Lamela's miss.

Thought Davies was getting back to something like his better self tonight for what its worth too.

When SleepWalker was initially sold, my first comment was 'better to sell a player a year too soon than a year too late.'

We got a great price and now we're seeing more and more of the flaws in SleepWalker's game. I liked him at Spurs, but was beginning to run out of patience.

Exactly. City concede space in behind because of their full high press. Full credit to Sissy tonight, he took full advantage but still couldn’t find the killer pass.

Most teams we play sit back against us and leave no space. In those type of games, Sissy is worse than useless and regressses to mean.
That's not how regression works.

Brave call and although I don’t think he will have changed everyone’s opinion of him, he was our best player tonight. Best game in a Spurs shirt for me.

Good call Sir.
He played will today, but he needs space to do so. I still can't see him having much to offer in games where we play agsinst teams who sit deep with 10 men around their own penalty area, which is most of our games.

It is clear that if we had been able to consistently field a side with Verts, Alli and Eriksen we’d likely be joint top.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Ever the optimist! :D

If we can keep within 6 points until we hit top form we are right in it.

We have NO CHANCE of winning the league. We are nowhere near good enough. Top 4 will be a huge achievement given the circumstances.

Hats off to Sissoko. Subs too late, as per - if we’d had Dele and Winks on from HT we may well have got something out of that.

Not as bad as I feared, but I think City had another level to go to if we scored. When all’s said and done it’s another big game lost.

Frustrating that we didn’t manage a touchdown given the chances we had. :rolleyes:

Is it me or do we constantly concede early against the big boys? Can’t afford to do that....

Definitely not just you, we always drop a clanger early on in the big games. It must be a mentality thing, we consistently have a big error in these games which we rarely have against the other teams.

Ever the optimist! :D

We have NO CHANCE of winning the league. We are nowhere near good enough. Top 4 will be a huge achievement given the circumstances.

Hats off to Sissoko. Subs too late, as per - if we’d had Dele and Winks on from HT we may well have got something out of that.

Not as bad as I feared, but I think City had another level to go to if we scored. When all’s said and done it’s another big game lost.

Frustrating that we didn’t manage a touchdown given the chances we had. :rolleyes:

Agree, don't think we will get near the league at all. I do think we can finish in the top 3 or 4, infact I am very confident we'll finish in the top 4. At our best, we are better than Arsenal and Man Utd.

Before the match I was worried we were going to get humiliated so I'm not too upset, but thought we might have got something towards the end of the game. We need to use the ball better in the middle.

He played will today, but he needs space to do so. I still can't see him having much to offer in games where we play agsinst teams who sit deep with 10 men around their own penalty area, which is most of our games.

As has been said in the Sissoko thread, there's a bunch of games against middle of the road teams that afterwards a fair few people come on here to say 'he wasn't that bad today'. It's happened a lot over the last year. He's played well against defensive teams and well against good teams like Madrid and City.

As has been said in the Sissoko thread, there's a bunch of games against middle of the road teams that afterwards a fair few people come on here to say 'he wasn't that bad today'. It's happened a lot over the last year. He's played well against defensive teams and well against good teams like Madrid and City.
But the problem is that "he wasn't that bad today" is normally about as good as it get. He rarely creates anything (I know he got an assist against West Ham) and he never scores. When we need a goal, I'd much rather have Eriksen, Alli, Son, Moura or Lamela on the pitch than Sissoko.

But the problem is that "he wasn't that bad today" is normally about as good as it get. He rarely creates anything (I know he got an assist against West Ham) and he never scores. When we need a goal, I'd much rather have Eriksen, Alli, Son, Moura or Lamela on the pitch than Sissoko.

People are saying it in the sense that he's actually been quite good, but obviously the narrative is that he's always a joke.

I agree with you, he doesn't get into my first 11 when those other guys are fit, but he's usually a solid hand and can be relied upon.

Back