• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Django gets an 8/10 for me. About 30 mins too long but a great love/revenge film nonetheless. Brilliantly shot, especially the way he doesn't delve to deep into the gore during the more shocking scenes.

Cronos and The Devils Backbone are quality as well. Its a shame he did not direct the hobbit in the end

Cronos is very good (and I have a love for it as we got married in one of the featured sites - old wardour castle), but bettered by Baraka and both are bested by Samsara, which is now available on Blu-Ray etc.

Watched 'Silver Linings Playbook' last night, very very good 9-10. It was probably an 8 but gets +1 for the soundtrack, especially for having an Alt-J Featuring Mountain Man (who my wife and I adore) song in it.

Mountain Man's debut 'made the harbor' inspires the same feelings for me as the Ron Fricke triumvirate (Samsara etc), I love listening to that in quiet reflection after the stresses of the day, it just melts them away.

Watched ''Chernobyl Reclaimed : An Aminal Takeover" after Silver Linings, got to watch the end today as the wife was too tired, quite a remarkable documentary. Makes me feel that, just maybe, the universe if unfolding as it should.

[video=youtube;c-UOHn9PvJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-UOHn9PvJ0[/video]

Watched 'Silver Linings Playbook' last night, very very good 9-10.

This movie is getting great reviews from all kinds of people. Can you enlighten me on what makes it such a good movie please Gifter? The trailers make it look like one of the bricky chick-flick movies my gf watches.

Dont think I can stomach sitting through another mind-numbing 'Take me out' so we'll be watching The Grey again.

Always enjoy a film with Liam Neeson in it, finally got to see Unknown last weekend, much better than I had been told to expect, with a twist nobody had tipped me off about, which made a change

This movie is getting great reviews from all kinds of people. Can you enlighten me on what makes it such a good movie please Gifter? The trailers make it look like one of the bricky chick-flick movies my gf watches.

It has a jarring discomfort to it for much of the film, whilst not feeling to dark or difficult to stay with and interspersed with comedic lifts, excellently played by both lead characters, excellent support by De Niro. Very good dialogue and plot (character) complexity, yet simple in overall premise. It is a love story for the modern age of OCD/ADHD/Autism laden society. Plus as said the soundtrack is excellent for my age group (40+), hopefully for youngsters to.

It skits between comedy and drama really well. My wife shed tears at the end, I felt uplifted.

Ouch. One of the forum members was in that film :(

who?

a friend of the wifes took me because up to that point we had not bonded and she want us to get along as her and the wife are best friends. She turned to me half way through the film and said sorry. We get along fine but if she ever wants a favour i still to this day tell her she owes me for that film. Absolutely awful, that and something called syndechoe new york about a movie about a play, fudge me two awful movies right there.

Back