• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Movie awards are the biggest pile of gonad*s going - can't believe any self respecting person pays any attention to them tbh

A bit like the GG awards, although the mod who won biggest bozo immediately locked the thread after, I found that amusing

Movie awards are the biggest pile of gonad*s going - can't believe any self respecting person pays any attention to them tbh

Agree to an extent. We all know that certain types of films win oscars: historical epics, war films, biographies about famous people. Comedies are largely ignored.

Then again, there are plenty of outstanding films I wouldn't have seen over the years if not for the fact that they were nominated for awards, such as No Country For Old Men, The Descendants, The Fighter, The Hurt Locker and The Bridge On The River Quai to name a few.

Agreed ! I think it was Samuel L Jackson best ever performance ! Great movie !

27710448.jpg

Listening to a film podcast the other day, they said that the way the academy awards are nominated and voted for make it an old boys club. They mostly vote for their mates rather than whose most deserving. They're completely irrelevant to box office anyway.

I think its hilarious that a film can pick up awards but as of yet the majority of the world have yet to have it open in its country.

I loved Pans Labyrinth, quality film.

What was it that made you think it was a load of brick?

I've got a high threshold for violence in films, but some of the stuff went too far.

That creature with the eyes in his hands.

The ending sucked.

The captain was a complete c u n t

Just of the top of my head.

I love the Academy Awards even though I know they are a pile of toss. Lately they've been trying to legitamise it for a new generation. The increase in Best Picture nominees to a max of 10 is linked to the outcry of Dark Knight not getting a Best Pic nom, even though it was the clear biggest movie of the year (best is subjective).

Which is why you've seen movies since like District 9 and Toy Story 3 nominated. With Affleck, you had a hot young director who has already made one brilliant movie in Gone Baby Gone and another very good one in The Town. Argo is clearly the most consumer friendly of the Best Pic noms this year. All other critics have heaped praise on him, yet the Academy snubs him and nominate somelike Spielberg who by the sounds of it mailed in his Directing performance on Lincoln.

Django - very good, wasn't sure if id like it after the opening 30 minutes or so - looked like it could possibly be another pretentious Tarantino flick but thankfully turned out to be quite entertaining.

Hobbit - gave up after an hour or so. toilet

Back