• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Saw the new Neeson flick - absolute, utter rubbish - 3/10

First one had a decent 'message' which addressed a factual crime problem on a global scale albeit in a Hollywood fashion (fair enough), whereas this one was lost between a failed family new found love ice-cream reacharound and some anti-eastern flimflam. These kind of propaganda pro-western crap flicks supposedly had their place during the (late) Cold War years, but I cannot fathom for a second the same retarded screenplay, void of any intellectual engagement beyond a car chase with a oncoming train is recycled in 2012 and it still turns profitable. Makes you wonder where society is going sometimes. From the 70s police cars in Istanbul (oh dear), to his Apple-advertising daughter driving like Colin Mcree, stick on a German car on the narrow streets having failed her license twice prior, or the obese guy in the tracksuit pulling kung-fu moves in the closing scenes. I have a lot of respect for him as an actor and can understand his recent family tragedy - but he really shouldn't do this to himself. Let talentless cloggers deal with this B-side productions.

The new Bourne flick - not bad, decent action, predictable outcome - 6/10. Good popcorn 2 hours.

Saw the new Neeson flick - absolute, utter rubbish - 3/10

First one had a decent 'message' which addressed a factual crime problem on a global scale albeit in a Hollywood fashion (fair enough), whereas this one was lost between a failed family new found love ice-cream reacharound and some anti-eastern flimflam. These kind of propaganda pro-western crap flicks supposedly had their place during the (late) Cold War years, but I cannot fathom for a second the same retarded screenplay, void of any intellectual engagement beyond a car chase with a oncoming train is recycled in 2012 and it still turns profitable. Makes you wonder where society is going sometimes. From the 70s police cars in Istanbul (oh dear), to his Apple-advertising daughter driving like Colin Mcree, stick on a German car on the narrow streets having failed her license twice prior, or the obese guy in the tracksuit pulling kung-fu moves in the closing scenes. I have a lot of respect for him as an actor and can understand his recent family tragedy - but he really shouldn't do this to himself. Let talentless cloggers deal with this B-side productions.

The new Bourne flick - not bad, decent action, predictable outcome - 6/10. Good popcorn 2 hours.

Why are you looking for messages and propaganda in action films? just watch them for what they are, not everything is meant to have deep meaning. Not that I'm saying the film is any good, but just take it, like most films should be, at face value as escapism form your real life.

I enjoyed the Bourne flick a lot more even though most of the story is largerly predictable. It comes down on how it's put together overall, and how much effort has been put into the screenplay as opposed to re-hashing 30 year old cliff-hangers

DVD Screeners of Les Miserables and Silver Lining Playbook are out to DL

Marky what are you using to download these days?

I used to love rapidshare combined with bolt

But now rapidshare might as well be disabled

What's the best combination for quick and reliable downloads?

Watched The Sitter, I think DHSF could give a good scathing review for that film. Usually it's him who ends up watching the shocklers.

Marky what are you using to download these days?

I used to love rapidshare combined with bolt

But now rapidshare might as well be disabled

What's the best combination for quick and reliable downloads?

I'm still using Vuze. Will this work with those sites with the awards screeners?

The Academy are a joke. Ben Affleck wins the GG for best director but he's not even nominated for an Oscar.

Glad Lincoln isn't getting any love (yet, fully expect Daniel Day Lewis to get best actor), that movie teams of Oscar bait.

Django Unchained for best film? It's already got 2 incl best screenplay.

Movie awards are the biggest pile of gonad*s going - can't believe any self respecting person pays any attention to them tbh

Back