• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Controversially I preferred the movie ending. The comic ending was all like, RANDOM. Very Deus Ex Machina

Rorschach is a superb character

I do agree to an extent, but when it comes to comic adaptations I'm a stickler for keeping to the source material!

...ignore the Bane avy!

I do agree to an extent, but when it comes to comic adaptations I'm a stickler for keeping to the source material!

...ignore the Bane avy!

I see your point and appreciate it (despite my love for the Marvel movies, some have made me swear for changes) but I think it worked better for Watchmen. Same as Kick Ass, the changes improved it imo.

Django Unchained- 8/10

I have a high tolerance for violence and I know it's Tarantino's trademark, but it's almost like he gets off on it and does it just to shock people.

Was a little long for me too. The first hour or so flew by, but it dragged a bit in the middle.

Good story and very good performances from all involved.

What was with Tarantino's Australian gang at the end???????????

I see your point and appreciate it (despite my love for the Marvel movies, some have made me swear for changes) but I think it worked better for Watchmen. Same as Kick Ass, the changes improved it imo.

Again, I can't dance with that, I love both the Kick Ass comic and film, looking forward to Kick Ass 2 later in the year.

There's a fine line with these films, you either keep to the source material at much as possible or make the changes that suit film better. I say I'm a stickler and I am for the most part but if its done right I can live with it which pretty much applies to the Nolan Batman films.

Again, I can't dance with that, I love both the Kick Ass comic and film, looking forward to Kick Ass 2 later in the year.

There's a fine line with these films, you either keep to the source material at much as possible or make the changes that suit film better. I say I'm a stickler and I am for the most part but if its done right I can live with it which pretty much applies to the Nolan Batman films.

I loved the first one but I'm reserving judgment on the second. Jim Carrey is in it. Don't get me wrong, I think Carrey has the potential to make it really good, but also the potential to totally ruin it!

We'll see I guess.

Saw Django the other night, loved it, 8.5/10. What always makes Tarantino films that bit better for me is the soundtrack... always absolutely brilliant tunes, and Django was no exception. Brilliant acting too.

Saw Django the other night, loved it, 8.5/10. What always makes Tarantino films that bit better for me is the soundtrack... always absolutely brilliant tunes, and Django was no exception. Brilliant acting too.

yeah loved the music in it and the scene with jonah hill was so funny i was nearly in tears i did feel it should have finished about half an hour earlier

I recently saw Moonrise Kingdom which I thought was a fantastically quirky and sweet film.
Really rather special, in that Wes Andersen way.

Dunno if already mentioned here (checked a few pages back but couldnt see anything) but whats everyones view on J.J.Abrahms directing the next Star Wars film ep 7? Baring in mind he is directing the new Star Trek film... Which I must say I enjoyed the last one and Im not a massive fan of the Trek saga. From what I've heard the next 3 episodes of SW are anything like the books they'll be superb. But if they are anything like the last 3 episodes then they can stay in book format for all I care

Dunno if already mentioned here (checked a few pages back but couldnt see anything) but whats everyones view on J.J.Abrahms directing the next Star Wars film ep 7? Baring in mind he is directing the new Star Trek film... Which I must say I enjoyed the last one and Im not a massive fan of the Trek saga. From what I've heard the next 3 episodes of SW are anything like the books they'll be superb. But if they are anything like the last 3 episodes then they can stay in book format for all I care

Which books are you suggesting they follow for the new SW ???

There are over 100 books set after Episode 6. Lucas authorised Zahn's Thrawn trilogy to follow on from episode 6 (I think) but the rumours are that the story will be original and not based on any of books.

There are over 100 books set after Episode 6. Lucas authorised Zahn's Thrawn trilogy to follow on from episode 6 (I think) but the rumours are that the story will be original and not based on any of books.

I've not yet read the books so not sure but heard there were another 3 official stories based on Skywalkers and Solo/lea's children? Of course you then have the 100's of spin off too. Apparently the guy who wrote Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 is involved

I've not yet read the books so not sure but heard there were another 3 official stories based on Skywalkers and Solo/lea's children? Of course you then have the 100's of spin off too. Apparently the guy who wrote Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 is involved

He was confirmed as the writer when they announced Disney had bought the rights, his name escapes me.

Saw Movie 43 the other day....very so so,the main thread of the film ain't to good but some of the sketches are quite good......kids in machines....simon merchant....the ipod sketch......very close to the knuckle in some parts.

Its a film if you got a couple of hours spare go and watch it but otherwise not one to go out of the way for.

Back