• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Drive must be one brick book if the movie is better :eek:
It's very weird. It's heavily stylised like the film, and not an easy read.

Because Driver is void of all emotion, then so is the book. It's very strange, a weird mix of contemporary noir with some kind of heist movie twist.

I watched Frank tonight. I was waiting with baited breath for him to bust out some songs about Timperly... but it was about Maggie Gyllenhaal and Texas and... was just... not about Frank Sidebottom at all. And not very interesting.

In a similar vein, does anyone remember John Shuttleworth's Pigeons in Flight? What an ear worm

Watched Aliens again tonight for no other reason than it was on the TV. fudge me what a good film.

Still the best for me.

heard a rumour they were doing a new one which follows on from Aliens where Hicks and Newt dont die. So I assume that makes Alien 3 a dream?

Still the best for me.

heard a rumour they were doing a new one which follows on from Aliens where Hicks and Newt dont die. So I assume that makes Alien 3 a dream?

I believe there are two Alien movies in the pipeline - the first is a sequel to Prometheus by Ridley Scott and the second is the film you're talking about by Neill Blomkamp (which rights off Alien 3 and Resurrection).

I believe there are two Alien movies in the pipeline - the first is a sequel to Prometheus by Ridley Scott and the second is the film you're talking about by Neill Blomkamp (which rights off Alien 3 and Resurrection).

Spot on.

Felt a bit meh by Prometheus, but with Scott doing the film which, I believe, is supposed to link it with the Alien, I am hoping it is going to be far better and I read we get to see Xenomorphs too

Have to admit much as I love the franchise, 3 was very disappointing and Resurrection was only marginally better for me because Winona was in it :D

Spot on.

Felt a bit meh by Prometheus, but with Scott doing the film which, I believe, is supposed to link it with the Alien, I am hoping it is going to be far better and I read we get to see Xenomorphs too

Have to admit much as I love the franchise, 3 was very disappointing and Resurrection was only marginally better for me because Winona was in it :D
Mmmmmmm.... Winona

Spot on.

Prometheus was poor but why can't even Scottish people do a good Scottish accent without sounding fake!

I thought Prometheus was ok as a movie. It had it's moments and Fassbender was good in it, but it just didn't feel like it was part of the Alien franchise.

I thought Prometheus was ok as a movie. It had it's moments and Fassbender was good in it, but it just didn't feel like it was part of the Alien franchise.

I don't think it was supposed to feel like an Alien film. It felt like a great film, written by 8 year olds.

Back