• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Just watched the The Big Short. Quite liked it and understood most of it thanks to their Idiot's Guide type inserts.

I remember taking my lad to see masters of the Universe ( he-man) when it first came out in 87, the only people in the place were us and another Dad and his lad. Both myself and the other Dad enjoyed it more then the kids i think. It was brilliant.

Funnily enough the time I went to see this at our local Odeon there was only 2 of us in, me and this bloke in a raincoat...(I know!)

@scaramanga interesting that you mentioned the editing re: Suicide Squad. My other half's company worked on some of the visual effects for the film. Apparently the Director/Producers were so impressed with the edit of the teaser trailer, they got the same guys to do the whole film. Two VERY different types of editor/editing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

@scaramanga interesting that you mentioned the editing re: Suicide Squad. My other half's company worked on some of the visual effects for the film. Apparently the Director/Producers were so impressed with the edit of the teaser trailer, they got the same guys to do the whole film. Two VERY different types of editor/editing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
That doesn't surprise me one bit, but it's interesting to learn.

The whole film was action, action, loud noise, quiet comic relief. Repeat, repeat.

The trailer was excellent and gave me high hopes (probably why I was so disappointed) but the film just felt rushed. Almost as if they had half a reel on the floor and someone insisted they included it all but weren't allowed any reshoots

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Let's see how many people I can upset with one post. :p

I'd have Death Proof in there too

That was awful, almost Kill Bill level of crap.

Saw The Witch (I thinks it's spelt VVitch) over the weekend.

It appears to be set in modern day Bolton (or maybe the US in the early 17th century - hard to tell). Not a bad little horror film, I suspect the version that first got to the editors/censors was a bit more effective but good all the same

Brilliant period piece, but the ending shaved at least 5 points off my grade.

It's a rant, for sure. But, unfortunately, I think it was justified.

Ultimately, DC have seen how well Marvel played out their Cinematic Universe and thought "Let's have a pop at that". Instead of a gentle build and one or two films that were a bit dire (Hulk), DC have tried to cram too much in too quickly.

Personally I'm a bit DC fan and prefer their comics to those of Marvel, but it's hasn't been transferred at all well, onto the big screen.

Suicide Squad was edited poorly and for non-comic fans, it didn't allow characters back stories to be digested. It was one quick set piece after another. As someone that has read most of their story arcs, I was comfortable with who they are and where they had come from, but I know the Mrs got a little lost.

I'm disappointed by both Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad and had hoped that the new franchise, led by Man of Steel, would have been much better.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Haven't seen Man of Steel as superman bores me to death, but put on Batman vs Superman on a whim the other night. Most epic thing I've seen since Fury Road. Got chills from some of the scenes and Affleck simply IS Batman and I cannot stand the guy.

Those are by far the best things to come out of recent comic book films.

I quite like Downey Jr's Iron Man as a character, but not convinced about the films.

Avengers = great
Thor = very good
Captain America = good

Hulk and Iron Man movies = yawn

I just watched the latest Jason Bourne. It was the same as all the rest. He remembers some stuff, gets chased, chops people in the throat, loads of people get shot yet Bourne can dance through gunfire like it is rainwater... 2 hours later a big car chase with unfeasible physics, all the police disappear and he gets to have a 1 on 1 fight with the main bad guy. Just as it looks like he might be killed, he manages to kill the other guy. I mean... that is about the 5th time they made this film... it is the same as all the others, just a different pair of trousers. Utter tripe. Do not waste your time unless you want to watch that same film yet again for the umpteenth time.

I like Doug Liman's Identity movie but was never a big fan of Greengrass' jerky camera and ott action sequences in Supremacy and Ultimatum. This latest movie felt almost like a spoof (as disappointed a reunion as 24:LAD) and the car chase at the end was like something out of the Daft & Dubious movies.

Just watched the The Big Short. Quite liked it and understood most of it thanks to their Idiot's Guide type inserts.
Watched that up cinema twice, remains one of my favourite movies of 2016 after all the tripe blockbusters we've had this summer.

If anyone has not seen Let The Right One In, then you should. Small, quiet and curiously 'warm' vampire film where you genuinely feel a sense of sorrow for the vampire. Savage too, mind. I recommend this original as the one to see, but will concede that the inevitable English language remake Let Me In is also very, very good and does not stray far at all from the original.

If anyone has not seen Let The Right One In, then you should. Small, quiet and curiously 'warm' vampire film where you genuinely feel a sense of sorrow for the vampire. Savage too, mind. I recommend this original as the one to see, but will concede that the inevitable English language remake Let Me In is also very, very good and does not stray far at all from the original.

Have you seen What We Do In The Shadows?

The book's even better.

Goes a bit more into the relationship between the man and the girl, which is quite dark.

Back