• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I thought that it was total toss too. I thought that it was a Michael Bay 'explosions but not a lot else going on' kind of movie. I was led to believe that it would be awesome..it wasn't, it was awful. I was bored, went to the toilets half way through, knew that I wouldn't really miss anything, so was tempted to leave. Against my better judgment, I stayed and watched the rest but it was horrible. I wish that I'd watched Avengers 2 again.

Ex Machina & Whiplash continue to be my favourite movies of the year. I haven't yet seen Foxcatcher, so maybe that's good? Any other suggestions?

Whiplash should won best picture instead of Birdman.

Foxcatcher is good, but it is slow at times and it's quite dreary, if you don't know the real life story I would advise not reading up about it before you watch it.

I thought that it was total toss too. I thought that it was a Michael Bay 'explosions but not a lot else going on' kind of movie. I was led to believe that it would be awesome..it wasn't, it was awful. I was bored, went to the toilets half way through, knew that I wouldn't really miss anything, so was tempted to leave. Against my better judgment, I stayed and watched the rest but it was horrible. I wish that I'd watched Avengers 2 again.

Ex Machina & Whiplash continue to be my favourite movies of the year. I haven't yet seen Foxcatcher, so maybe that's good? Any other suggestions?

Housebound - 7/10
Imitation Game - 7/10
Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10
The Guest - 8/10
Nightcrawler - 9/10

are all worth checking out from the past year or so, IMV - Raid 2 if you haven't seen it is totally immense as well

Last edited:
Housebound - 7/10
Imitation Game - 7/10
Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10
The Guest - 8/10
Nightcrawler - 9/10

are all worth checking out from the past year or so, IMV - Raid 2 if you haven't seen it is totally immense as well

Edge Of Tomorrow was excellent. Went into the cinema with little expectations, I've watched it a few times on Sky since then, very entertaining film.

Nightcrawler was a bit disappointing if I'm honest. Decent film, but 7/10 for me, not as good as I was hoping.

I was very taken by the image released some time ago of Gyllenhall having bulked up for Southpaw.
But now the trailer seems a little of a letdown.

Housebound - 7/10
Imitation Game - 7/10
Edge of Tomorrow - 7/10
The Guest - 8/10
Nightcrawler - 9/10

I have Edge of Tomorrow on 3D Blu Ray, it had been released the week that I bought my new TV, so had to buy it really. I'd seen it in the cinema too & whilst it isn't a film of the year, it's entertaining enough.

I'm yet to see The Imitation Game but, as one of many fans of Bennedict Cumberbatch, I would like to watch it.

Nightcrawler was good, I watched that in the cinema. I liked the idea of how far someone will go in pursuit of their dream.

I'm not even sure that I know much about The Guest. I can vaguely remember bits about it, if I recall it has an up and coming actor in it who was interviewed on ITV morning show where the interviewer asked him, unknowingly, if he had to beat off a lot of actors to land the role. But as for the storyline..I guess something about a spy but that there could be a twist involved...will have to watch it

Oh & I started to watch Raid 2, but it's one of those that you need to stay 100% focused on due to subtitles. I'll enjoy a subtitled movie, but my attention span can be very short sometimes, irrespective of what's trying to hold my attention, so I'll find that I've missed parts of the film and missed key details etc

^ I went to see The Guest at the cinema, not knowing a thing about it as it was someone elses choice - id advise not to look anything up and go in 'blind' if you plan on watching it.

It wasn't particularly big at the time, would be interesting to see what you make of it.

Watched Spy this week. Very funny. Melissa McCarthy was on top form. Jason Statham was class as the bullsh#tting secret agent
9.5/10

I watched John Wick a couple of nights ago, excellent little action movie. It was so good they are now making a sequel

Jurassic World - 7/10 - Ultimately it was fun as you'd expect. Thought it was more a remake of the first film though whilst watching just modernized. I liked how they located the old park but was disappointed we didn't get Sam Neils hat reappear or even a leather jacket left behind by Malcolm. Wouldn't really watch again but I really enjoyed the ending.

The Mininions..disappointing, one dimensional characters with a weak storyline, & all the appeal of the sound of a squeaky dog toy, that has been mauled by a rabid dog all morning. Sure at first, the squeaking might be entertaining as the dog plays with it's toy but then as you realise that that is it's only act, you quickly tire and reach for the earplugs.

Back