• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

on the back of the recommendations here, did a double bill of mad max and ex-machina, nice blend of mindless violence, nudity and a good study of "the terminator" debate

Is there anyone alive who has anything bad to say about George Clooney? Except that the man is too perfect. Class act.

Under The Skin is absolutely brilliant IMO...

Something i only just read the other day is that several of the truck scenes where she picks up random blokes off the street were filmed covertly using genuine members of the public who had no idea they were being filmed and the scenes improvised :D

"Wer". good entertainment. predictable. but good nonetheless. top notch pacing & production values. A.J Cook gorgeous as always..

Went to see Poltergeist last Weds. Very disappointed with it.

Should have left it alone. Compared to the original, not even a contest

Went to see Entourage last night. If you're a fan of the show, you'll love it. Nice tits too. If someone can tell me who the lovely is at the start who is on the boat with Vinnie, that would be great.

Went to see Entourage last night. If you're a fan of the show, you'll love it. Nice tits too. If someone can tell me who the lovely is at the start who is on the boat with Vinnie, that would be great.
Oh FFS I am working all week my evenings are pretty full and next weekend is booked up, I know why people skive off work now haha.

I do have to add though, Entourage was almost ruined by 2 Arsenal-related cameos that bricked me right off.

Am I the only one who thought Mad Max was a pile of turd?

I wouldn't say turd, but I am completely bewildered by the insanely good critics reviews. Thought it was a visually impressive action film, but the action was repetitive and the depth of story and characters was non-existent.

I haven't seen the originals - I do wonder if there's a correlation there. I saw a critic saying the film had 'surprising depth' - I didn't see an inch of it.

I thought that it was total toss too. I thought that it was a Michael Bay 'explosions but not a lot else going on' kind of movie. I was led to believe that it would be awesome..it wasn't, it was awful. I was bored, went to the toilets half way through, knew that I wouldn't really miss anything, so was tempted to leave. Against my better judgment, I stayed and watched the rest but it was horrible. I wish that I'd watched Avengers 2 again.

Ex Machina & Whiplash continue to be my favourite movies of the year. I haven't yet seen Foxcatcher, so maybe that's good? Any other suggestions?

Oh & I thought that The Theory of Everything was excellent too. Kingsman decent fun but, I don't know, there's only so much to be had from action/comic book films. The films can be enjoyed but somehow they are always missing something, so ultimately they are good fun but maybe too shallow.

Back