• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Suicide Squad looks like it'll be a good one. I'm glad they made a new version of the Joker that's completely different from Ledger's version but still seems terrifying.

Spy - cracking comedy

Inside Out - another good Pixar movie

Watched Spy the other week and thought the first half was amusing but the jokes really wore thin by the end (didn't help that the trailer spoiled many of the punchlines) and it just felt like a chick-flick version of Kingsman imho.

There was nothing chick-flick about it other than there being actual women in the leading roles

I see that the director's previous collaboration with McCarthy and Byrne was Bridesmaids, which I understand was the chick-flick version of The Hangover...

Bridesmaids: Here's to the chick flick! - Telegraph
Bridesmaids: how a chick flick won over a feminist | Film | The Guardian

And, judging by the ratings breakdown on IMDb, Spy is also considered far more amusing by women... :p

Spy (2015) - User ratings

I think content is more of a deciding factor in what a movie is classed as than what the director filmed before or who finds it better...

Just watched Pixels, wasn't a bad watch actually, took me back to my youth with all the 80's arcade games featured

Just watched Pixels, wasn't a bad watch actually, took me back to my youth with all the 80's arcade games featured

I liked Adam Sandler 20 years ago, hell, even 10 years ago, but he needs to grow up to use the title of one of his films (Grown Ups is a terrible film btw), he still appears on chat shows in a t shirt and hat he must be pushing 50 now.

We’re excited to announce that Sony Pictures Entertainment today unveiled release dates for 16 films in 2016 and 2017:

Money Monster – 4/8/16
The Shallows – 6/24/16
Ghostbusters – 7/15/16*
Patient Zero – 9/2/16
The Magnificent Seven – 9/23/16*
Underworld 5 – 10/21/16
Passengers – 12/21/16
Jumanji – 12/25/16
The Dark Tower – 1/13/17
Resident Evil Movie 6 – 1/27/17
Bad Boys 3 – 2/17/17
Baby Driver – 3/17/17
Barbie – 6/2/17
Uncharted – 6/30/17*
The Lamb – 12/8/17
Bad Boys 4 – 7/3/19

*Previously slated films with new dates

Ant Man - 4 out of 5. Nothing groundbreaking, but very entertaining from Marvel as you would expect.
I thought the first half dragged but the 2nd half was great fun and the action sequences looked good in IMAX.

Although (as George RR Martin recently wrote in his blog) it would've been nice to have a Marvel villain who doesn't have the same powers as the superhero.

Back