• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

a golden age of recycled over budgeted poorly made action movies based around men wearing capes?
haha was thinking this.

I know I should give every film a chance, but for me, an 8th remake of a film in 15 years that was brick to begin with and will continue to be brick no matter how many times they rejig the CGI and swap whichever dingdonghead is playing the main guy does not mean we are in a golden age.

It could be a good year if Star Wars, Spectre and Batman vs Superman turn out to be good though. I'm willing to give these films a chance and see them in a high quality cinema establishment but like fudge would I put any money towards the endless stream of marvel flimflam

I went to see Avengers Age of Ultron lastnight, really enjoyed it, probably the best Avengers film so far for me, Spader was excellent as Ultron

Just got around to watching Gone Girl.

Have to say, probably the best movie I've seen in along time. David Fincher is awesome (except for Benji Button - terrible flick).

Anyone know some good sites to catch up on recent films online? I know Marky used to mention a site but I went back a few pages and this thread is now way too big to find anything.

I saw Inherent Vice today. Massively confusing and hard to follow plot, but quite enjoyed it. I just didn't really understand what drove the main character after a certain point (after having seemingly reached his goal). A good movie though, I thought. A bit too long. 8/10.

Saw Imitation Game yesterday. Quite good, nothing spectacular. 6/10.

Mad Max Fury Road...excellent entertainment and a sensory assault of the highest order. It is absolutely over the top, yet remains as clear an allegory to modern life as any post-apocalyptic film ever made. See it as big as you can; this is NOT an iPad movie!!!!

Everything I've heard about Mad Max is awesome. Organizing a boys night - some beef, plenty of beers then head out to watch it at the cinema. Can't wait.

another post bigging up Ex-Machina - best new release in a while for me

Likewise. I want to watch it again. I remember watching it the first time, think that we were amongst the first on here to discuss just how good the film is & that the lead actress is hot, even as an AI, definitely helps the enjoyment of the film!

Likewise. I want to watch it again. I remember watching it the first time, think that we were amongst the first on here to discuss just how good the film is & that the lead actress is hot, even as an AI, definitely helps the enjoyment of the film!

I've only just watched it for the first time last weekend mate - perhaps ypu're confusing me with someone else, or maybe it was Under The Skin with Scarlet Johansson we discussed?

More hot as a android, she had the 7 of 9 tits going on. Then when you see her real tits! what tits?? i have seen larger tits on a ironing board! made me go right of her ( i think the misses liked them though)

apart from that great film, stunning scenery.

Finally saw Ex-Machina and really liked it...

Watched this last night and thought it was brilliant. It had a great atmosphere / tension all the way through.

another post bigging up Ex-Machina - best new release in a while for me

Ex Machina is excellent.

Saw it in the cinema and just downloaded now it's out so looking forward to watching again this weekend.

I'm no officianado of film but this goes into my top 5 easily, alongside Sunshine and Moon, and probably The Prestige.

Ex Machina is excellent.

Saw it in the cinema and just downloaded now it's out so looking forward to watching again this weekend.

I'm no officianado of film but this goes into my top 5 easily, alongside Sunshine and Moon, and probably The Prestige.

I'll be curious to see how it faces up to a repeat viewing. Once you know how the film unfolds, does that remove some of the fun?

August - Osage County - Thought it was excellent. Family drama, lots of great characters, great acting. Meryl Streep was fantastic. 9/10 for me.

Ex Machina - solid movie. Captivating. 8/10.

Interstellar - very average. Far too long. Got tedious at some point after they had returned from the planet with the waves. 5/10.

Inherent Vice - great movie. Very confusing, but fun to watch. A bit too long. 8/10.

I, Origins - oh, lord, what a horrible flick. Couldn't stand it more than half an hour. Horrible. Some good photography though. 2/10.

Back