• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I see were at the stage of the dance where the stories about 'difficulties' and 'getting over the line' start to appear.

Luckily for us we've seen this play out with our transfers for years, so I'm expecting neither Poch or Conte and preparing for Howe, or Southgate.

Or Steve Bruce.....

So what do we think is the reality of what is happening?

I am guessing levy hasnt approached psg as he is hoping that poch can get his contract terminated or be sacked. And psg’s leaks of ‘extremely confident’ and ‘bemused’ at the rumours is their way of saying to us that they will not release him for free and spurs must approach them and pay compensation.

If this is correct would the ball be in out court to make an approach?

I’m not sure what else could be going on.

I am guessing levy hasnt approached psg as he is hoping that poch can get his contract terminated or be sacked. And psg’s leaks of ‘extremely confident’ and ‘bemused’ at the rumours is their way of saying to us that they will not release him for free and spurs must approach them and pay compensation.

Levy could be making it up as he goes along.

That’s certainly the impression I’ve had since he sacked Mourinho.

Sounds like money from us is required and we're stalling in ponying up in the hope they decide to sack him or he walks out.

Which we then won't pay when it comes to it and get someone else cheaper, going on past experience.

I think it’s Poch and a game of Brinkmenship is afoot.

I'm sure there will be twists and turns, but I think it will be the best thing to happen to our club in a long time, and the righting of a wrong that should never have happened 2 years ago.

The guy got us to the Champions League final. After 18 months of no signings. On an average net spend of £20m per season. While dealing with a relocation to Wembley and not having a home for 2 years. The guy worked fudging miracles, and is exactly the right person for us. That he is willing to leave the riches of PSG, the guarantee of CL football and managing Neymar to join our batbrick crazy club means he should have our eternal respect. We should be so lucky that Poch is as crazy as he is. He's an old romantic, and the only way we are going to get close to succeeding to the level we all want, if we aren't going to pay the money of the top clubs, is to have someone that believes so strongly in building something that he is willing to commit that deeply to us.

So please, everyone, no griping about subs before 70 minutes. No griping about how this just means Winks and Dier back in midfield. No griping about how we won 'no trophies with the best squad in the league'. They were the best squad in the league because he made them that way. non-figuratively not one of those players reached the level they were playing at before he arrived. The guy worked miracles for us, and wants to chuck it all in to come back home. We should be fudging delighted.

He's a romantic guy, but he's also a ruthless guy. I predict if we get this done, he comes in and makes the same kind of moves he made when he joined in 2014. He will re-establish his authority and want to shake the place up. Don't forget he called for moving on players 2 years before he was sacked, even if he loved them. We allowed a squad to get stale and denied him the chance to maintain the culture, the commitment, the front-foot pressing football that he built. And we got that wrong. That will be on Levy. Don't think back to his last year in the league, when he was dealing with all manner of brick beyond his control. Think back to the type of football we played in 16/17 when we were perfectly aligned behind his plan.

This is fudging great news, and it seems the wheels are in motion. If we pull this off, it is absolutely the best move we could have made. It's a recognition that Spurs DNA IS actually going to count for something. We are going to build something not based on who has the most money, but who is the smartest, the fittest, the most committed, the bravest. I am delighted, and really hope we drive this home.
Best. Post. Everrrr.

Can someone explain the difference between Ancelotti leaving Everton and Poch not being able to leave PSG (just yet)?

Is it simply the fact that Everton just accepted his resignation?
I mean, you can't compare the manager of the 10th place PL team going to Real to the manager of PSG going to Spurs.

I'm sure there will be twists and turns, but I think it will be the best thing to happen to our club in a long time, and the righting of a wrong that should never have happened 2 years ago.

The guy got us to the Champions League final. After 18 months of no signings. On an average net spend of £20m per season. While dealing with a relocation to Wembley and not having a home for 2 years. The guy worked fudging miracles, and is exactly the right person for us. That he is willing to leave the riches of PSG, the guarantee of CL football and managing Neymar to join our batbrick crazy club means he should have our eternal respect. We should be so lucky that Poch is as crazy as he is. He's an old romantic, and the only way we are going to get close to succeeding to the level we all want, if we aren't going to pay the money of the top clubs, is to have someone that believes so strongly in building something that he is willing to commit that deeply to us.

So please, everyone, no griping about subs before 70 minutes. No griping about how this just means Winks and Dier back in midfield. No griping about how we won 'no trophies with the best squad in the league'. They were the best squad in the league because he made them that way. non-figuratively not one of those players reached the level they were playing at before he arrived. The guy worked miracles for us, and wants to chuck it all in to come back home. We should be fudging delighted.

He's a romantic guy, but he's also a ruthless guy. I predict if we get this done, he comes in and makes the same kind of moves he made when he joined in 2014. He will re-establish his authority and want to shake the place up. Don't forget he called for moving on players 2 years before he was sacked, even if he loved them. We allowed a squad to get stale and denied him the chance to maintain the culture, the commitment, the front-foot pressing football that he built. And we got that wrong. That will be on Levy. Don't think back to his last year in the league, when he was dealing with all manner of brick beyond his control. Think back to the type of football we played in 16/17 when we were perfectly aligned behind his plan.

This is fudging great news, and it seems the wheels are in motion. If we pull this off, it is absolutely the best move we could have made. It's a recognition that Spurs DNA IS actually going to count for something. We are going to build something not based on who has the most money, but who is the smartest, the fittest, the most committed, the bravest. I am delighted, and really hope we drive this home.
Preach brother

I tend to agree here. I was sure this was all going to be thrashed out over the weekend - with PSG going for Conte - but the longer this goes on, the more I’m inclined to believe it’s not going to happen. Shame.

I think the longer it goes with Poch not making any public statements, the more I believe there’s something happening. Surely if it was off the table already, he’d be coming out in the press to appease PSG and their fans.

I'm slightly worried that it seems the club are expecting Pochettino to kick up a fuss in order for us to get him. I have seen that same story play out with a bunch of players that we have wanted over the years, where we suggest they put in transfer requests, leave them hanging by not making proper bids, tinkle their club off so that they won't sell to us even it we end up bidding the fee they wanted on day 1 and then the player hung out to dry due to his relationship with his club being destroyed. If Pochettino is our number 1 target then we we should be paying the compensation to PSG and getting him in now, not expecting Poch to try to force the deal from his end.

I see were at the stage of the dance where the stories about 'difficulties' and 'getting over the line' start to appear.

Luckily for us we've seen this play out with our transfers for years, so I'm expecting neither Poch or Conte and preparing for Howe, or Southgate.

Or Steve Bruce.....

Fat Sam is lurking menacingly in the background as well.....

On the plus side "Never been relegated"................Oh yeah!

I'm slightly worried that it seems the club are expecting Pochettino to kick up a fuss in order for us to get him. I have seen that same story play out with a bunch of players that we have wanted over the years, where we suggest they put in transfer requests, leave them hanging by not making proper bids, tinkle their club off so that they won't sell to us even it we end up bidding the fee they wanted on day 1 and then the player hung out to dry due to his relationship with his club being destroyed. If Pochettino is our number 1 target then we we should be paying the compensation to PSG and getting him in now, not expecting Poch to try to force the deal from his end.

Isn't it (allegedly) PSG who are saying they want Poch to go public with a request to leave before they will consider anything?

Slightly more pessimistic today than in the last week or so. But ultimately I cannot see Levy not getting what he wants. He knows Poch, he knows what he has to do to make him come back, he knows how this (and only this) appointment will go a long way towards healing his relationship with disgruntled and angry fans - there's just too much at stake for himself and for the club to let this one slip away.

Back