• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Amazing what 10th position in the Prem with the 6/7th biggest budget gets you these days! It’s not like the football was entertaining either.

was a massive fan of Ancelotti, but the games changed now.

I think it's more they made the exact same mistake we did with Jose. They think a big name 'winner' coming in makes your club a winner. In reality, hiring the right manager for you, aligning the club's strategy to compete across boardroom, management and playing staff is the way to do it and why we got so close with Poch. Carlo's hands off, easy going style will be the way to calm Madrid down after some intense years. He's the right move for them and still has it. Everton should get Potter or Nuno.

brick this is happening isn't it! I have no idea if it's gonna turn out good or bad but I'm in!

Now, Somebody tell me how I can get rid of this avatar!

I'm sure there will be twists and turns, but I think it will be the best thing to happen to our club in a long time, and the righting of a wrong that should never have happened 2 years ago.

The guy got us to the Champions League final. After 18 months of no signings. On an average net spend of £20m per season. While dealing with a relocation to Wembley and not having a home for 2 years. The guy worked fudging miracles, and is exactly the right person for us. That he is willing to leave the riches of PSG, the guarantee of CL football and managing Neymar to join our batbrick crazy club means he should have our eternal respect. We should be so lucky that Poch is as crazy as he is. He's an old romantic, and the only way we are going to get close to succeeding to the level we all want, if we aren't going to pay the money of the top clubs, is to have someone that believes so strongly in building something that he is willing to commit that deeply to us.

So please, everyone, no griping about subs before 70 minutes. No griping about how this just means Winks and Dier back in midfield. No griping about how we won 'no trophies with the best squad in the league'. They were the best squad in the league because he made them that way. Literally not one of those players reached the level they were playing at before he arrived. The guy worked miracles for us, and wants to chuck it all in to come back home. We should be fudging delighted.

He's a romantic guy, but he's also a ruthless guy. I predict if we get this done, he comes in and makes the same kind of moves he made when he joined in 2014. He will re-establish his authority and want to shake the place up. Don't forget he called for moving on players 2 years before he was sacked, even if he loved them. We allowed a squad to get stale and denied him the chance to maintain the culture, the commitment, the front-foot pressing football that he built. And we got that wrong. That will be on Levy. Don't think back to his last year in the league, when he was dealing with all manner of brick beyond his control. Think back to the type of football we played in 16/17 when we were perfectly aligned behind his plan.

This is fudging great news, and it seems the wheels are in motion. If we pull this off, it is absolutely the best move we could have made. It's a recognition that Spurs DNA IS actually going to count for something. We are going to build something not based on who has the most money, but who is the smartest, the fittest, the most committed, the bravest. I am delighted, and really hope we drive this home.

I'm sure there will be twists and turns, but I think it will be the best thing to happen to our club in a long time, and the righting of a wrong that should never have happened 2 years ago.

The guy got us to the Champions League final. After 18 months of no signings. On an average net spend of £20m per season. While dealing with a relocation to Wembley and not having a home for 2 years. The guy worked fudging miracles, and is exactly the right person for us. That he is willing to leave the riches of PSG, the guarantee of CL football and managing Neymar to join our batbrick crazy club means he should have our eternal respect. We should be so lucky that Poch is as crazy as he is. He's an old romantic, and the only way we are going to get close to succeeding to the level we all want, if we aren't going to pay the money of the top clubs, is to have someone that believes so strongly in building something that he is willing to commit that deeply to us.

So please, everyone, no griping about subs before 70 minutes. No griping about how this just means Winks and Dier back in midfield. No griping about how we won 'no trophies with the best squad in the league'. They were the best squad in the league because he made them that way. non-figuratively not one of those players reached the level they were playing at before he arrived. The guy worked miracles for us, and wants to chuck it all in to come back home. We should be fudging delighted.

He's a romantic guy, but he's also a ruthless guy. I predict if we get this done, he comes in and makes the same kind of moves he made when he joined in 2014. He will re-establish his authority and want to shake the place up. Don't forget he called for moving on players 2 years before he was sacked, even if he loved them. We allowed a squad to get stale and denied him the chance to maintain the culture, the commitment, the front-foot pressing football that he built. And we got that wrong. That will be on Levy. Don't think back to his last year in the league, when he was dealing with all manner of brick beyond his control. Think back to the type of football we played in 16/17 when we were perfectly aligned behind his plan.

This is fudging great news, and it seems the wheels are in motion. If we pull this off, it is absolutely the best move we could have made. It's a recognition that Spurs DNA IS actually going to count for something. We are going to build something not based on who has the most money, but who is the smartest, the fittest, the most committed, the bravest. I am delighted, and really hope we drive this home.

Hear, fudging hear. Great stuff.

I told myself I wouldn't let myself hope for it - but damned if you haven't made me dream again, @BrainOfLevy. :)

If we have a chance to bring this man back home....*bring him back home.* Nothing, no holds barred - bring Poch home, and let us begin again.

Poch is us, and always will be. Bring him back, and let's heal again - let's dream again, let's chant together again in one voice, under the warmth of a golden sun, in a new dawn.

Football at its best is about dreams. It's about romance, it's about moments, it's about stories that bring a smile to your lips even 50 years on. And there is, to my mind, no more brilliant story than a man who gets what it means to be Spurs returning home to finish what he started.

That's my opinion, and it won't change if we bring him back in the next week or in the next decade.

As for what we do when he's back, I fully agree with you. We sang that he was magic, but did we actually believe it? Well, here's our chance to prove that he was, and is. Back him - from Levy on down, for GHod's sake, back him, and let's go again.

I told myself I wouldn't let myself hope for it - but damned if you haven't made me dream again, @BrainOfLevy. :)

If we have a chance to bring this man back home....*bring him back home.* Nothing, no holds barred - bring Poch home, and let us begin again.

Poch is us, and always will be. Bring him back, and let's heal again - let's dream again, let's chant together again in one voice, under the warmth of a golden sun, in a new dawn.

Football at its best is about dreams. It's about romance, it's about moments, it's about stories that bring a smile to your lips even 50 years on. And there is, to my mind, no more brilliant story than a man who gets what it means to be Spurs returning home to finish what he started.

That's my opinion, and it won't change if we bring him back in the next week or in the next decade.

As for what we do when he's back, I fully agree with you. We sang that he was magic, but did we actually believe it? Well, here's our chance to prove that he was, and is. Back him - from Levy on down, for GHod's sake, back him, and let's go again.

Yeah, I thought it would be 5-10 years before he’d be back, if it happened. That it might happen in say the next week is just, just brilliant.

And as you say, it’s an opportunity to get behind the club again. Everyone unified. I’ve been really quite uncertain with ENIC after being one of their biggest defenders and a lot of it stemmed from Levy’s decision to back him. I appreciate what people were saying about ‘doing it the right way’, but we certainly weren’t doing it the last couple of years. There’s no pride in trying to be a budget Chelsea, throwing a lot of players at the wall and seeing how sticks.

if we make this move, I’ll be happy to roll with this ownership. Because it will be making a strategic football decision to get the person we judge to be the best. And there is definite pride in doing it the right way when it comes through a man who has demonstrated he will turn down bigger clubs, more money and guaranteed CL football because he believes he can build something with us. I’ll be all aboard that, doing it sustainably, developing players, because it really will mean more.

These last two years have been dreadful. A terrible football decision in November 2019, compounding many poor football decisions that took place in the run up to that one. And then what we’ve had to suffer through these last 2 years. Utterly dreadful. But if it means everyone has learned what they have when they are behind each other, genuinely together and trusting each other to make this happen, I’m all for it. I’m very happy to be a Dortmund or an Atletico if we are making the right decisions. I’m not happy to tinkle in the wind, making bad football decisions while crowing about our wonderful balance sheet.

Let’s build a special club. Let’s do it the right way, and let’s let this man work his magic.

Can someone explain the difference between Ancelotti leaving Everton and Poch not being able to leave PSG (just yet)?

Is it simply the fact that Everton just accepted his resignation?

Can someone explain the difference between Ancelotti leaving Everton and Poch not being able to leave PSG (just yet)?

Is it simply the fact that Everton just accepted his resignation?

Guessing Everton were happy to get the comp for a 10th place finish, so they agreed something to move on with their planning. It’s almost a win for all sides.

Guessing it does no good for PSG’s brand to be seen as a stepping stone back to a Europa Conference club. Guessing they want to make Poch say publicly he wants out, rather than being seen to have willingly let their manager go to a club they perceive as beneath their status?

It has to come to a head at some point, because if Poch wants out, he wants out. And they have to move on and hire a manager themselves. If they want Conte or someone else, at some point they need to accept a comp offer. Or they can force the guy to see out his contract, away from his family, when the squad will know he tried to leave.

Or they can force the guy to see out his contract, away from his family, when the squad will know he tried to leave.

Leonardo is showing himself to be an amateur driven by ego and a bafoon.

He is also a massive hypocrite as when he joined psg the first time as sporting director around 10 years ago, he walked out on the club after barely one year to join ac milan.

So please, everyone, no griping about subs before 70 minutes. No griping about how this just means Winks and Dier back in midfield. No griping about how we won 'no trophies with the best squad in the league'. They were the best squad in the league because he made them that way. non-figuratively not one of those players reached the level they were playing at before he arrived. The guy worked miracles for us, and wants to chuck it all in to come back home. We should be fudging delighted.

Why? The knives where out before a ball was kicked under Mourinho. While I agree that there is no point in shooting down a manager before he's had a chance to prove what he can (or can't) do, if the results and performances are on a par with his last year at Spurs, I can't see why I should be 'fudging delighted'. He'll get a couple of seasons to get it right anyway but I see no reason why he should be above criticism. I understand he's a living legend to some people on this board and I can respect that, even if I disagree, but after reading the same comments over and over the the past two seasons on this board, I think demanding for critics to shut it up is a bit rich.

Can we just get Balague to tweet announcing the new book he and Poch are coauthoring about PSG, or more specifically Leonardo, and again more specifically his various sexual foibles and felonies, and hopefully we can move the discussion from compensation to NDAs?

And face saving. PSG are going to want as much money off us as they can and to have a big name replacement lined up.

Yep, They need a big name ready to come in before they let Poch go, in order to save their reputation. Maybe they are talking to Zidane, or maybe they don't won't Conte and are scrambling around trying to find some decent candidates. One thing is for sure, They will be in just as much rush as we are to get things sorted.

Yep, They need a big name ready to come in before they let Poch go, in order to save their reputation. Maybe they are talking to Zidane, or maybe they don't won't Conte and are scrambling around trying to find some decent candidates. One thing is for sure, They will be in just as much rush as we are to get things sorted.

The only difference is that they have a DoF and their managers always had minimal imput on transfers, as Pochettino found out. This is Leonardo's playground. Therefore, they could wait until a week before pre-season training resumes before making an appointment and the damage would be minimal. We, on the other hand...

I see were at the stage of the dance where the stories about 'difficulties' and 'getting over the line' start to appear.

Luckily for us we've seen this play out with our transfers for years, so I'm expecting neither Poch or Conte and preparing for Howe, or Southgate.

I see were at the stage of the dance where the stories about 'difficulties' and 'getting over the line' start to appear.

Luckily for us we've seen this play out with our transfers for years, so I'm expecting neither Poch or Conte and preparing for Howe, or Southgate.
I tend to agree here. I was sure this was all going to be thrashed out over the weekend - with PSG going for Conte - but the longer this goes on, the more I’m inclined to believe it’s not going to happen. Shame.

Back