• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next England Manager Thread

Not a bad read but i go all the way back to Winterburn and during that time i have read several articules pretty much the same as that. Nothing changes not even the advice by the writers.

Not a bad read but i go all the way back to Winterburn and during that time i have read several articules pretty much the same as that. Nothing changes not even the advice by the writers.

The technical ability of the average English player has improved since I started watching football in the late 80s. The issue is 5 brick managers in a row. There can't be many other countries with such poor managers over 17 years.

Even Ireland have had better managers.

The technical ability of the average English player has improved since I started watching football in the late 80s. The issue is 5 bricke managers in a row. There can't be many other countries with such poor managers over 17 years.

It's not they are bad managers, well except mclaren, it's that they seem to abandon their principles.
At least half the managers in the poll won't take the job because of the F A.
Wenger is favourite but there is no way he will take if he isn't given FULL control, and I just cannot see the FA accepting that,

The technical ability of the average English player has improved since I started watching football in the late 80s. The issue is 5 bricke managers in a row. There can't be many other countries with such poor managers over 17 years.

The average player maybe but we haven't got players of the quality of Hoddle, Barnes, Waddle, Lineker, or Beardsley in offensive areas

The Sam Malone Ted Danson look a like who used to manage Wolves will be your next manager. And he'll rock your socks off too! You heard it here first.

.... The irony of the latest disaster this summer is that England had already done most of the hard work to make the situation different this time: they had the players. And they will have the players for Russia 2018, many of whom will have enjoyed the coaching work of Pep Guardiola, José Mourinho, Jürgen Klopp and Antonio Conteby then. The future is bright enough. If only the FA can pick the right man, or men, that is.
Tut-tut. Fancy including Mourinho in that company yet omitting the one manager most renowned for coaching young English talent.

The Sam Malone Ted Danson look a like who used to manage Wolves will be your next manager. And he'll rock your socks off too! You heard it here first.

I'd have absolutely no problem with that, he's a pragmatist, he knows how to work against superior teams

It's not the managers, it's not the technical ability of the players

It's the mentality of the players, it's the unrealistic expectation and pressure of the media and fans that the players cannot cope with. They simply go within themselves and eventually crumble during the tournaments

It's always happened. It's nothing new specific to now or even 10 years ago. Ever since 66/70 England have been rubbish at tournament football.

It's not the managers, it's not the technical ability of the players

It's the mentality of the players, it's the unrealistic expectation and pressure of the media and fans that the players cannot cope with. They simply go within themselves and eventually crumble during the tournaments

It's always happened. It's nothing new specific to now or even 10 years ago. Ever since 66/70 England have been rubbish at tournament football.

We didn't even qualify for numerous tournaments in the 70s and 80s too if I am not mistaken.

It's much bigger than that. The quality or lack of hasn't helped, but managers like Sven and Capello were both successful, well polished coaches who had won titles in different countries. The only constant was the players.

English fans demand that Premier League teams play with pace and power at the expense of techincal and tactical play. Our poor record in tournaments will not change until English teams become better tactically.

Then of course, you have the issue of mentality, the Italians for example don't have a great team on paper, but they have a self belief and winning mentality, they have never lost to Germany in a tournament. This is an unreal achievement!

Granted the managers have been very poor at times and have made dreadful decisions on and off the pitch, but it's too simplistic and lazy to point to that as the main/only issue.

It's much bigger than that. The quality or lack of hasn't helped, but managers like Sven and Capello were both successful, well polished coaches who had won titles in different countries. The only constant was the players.

English fans demand that Premier League teams play with pace and power at the expense of techincal and tactical play. Our poor record in tournaments will not change until English teams become better tactically.

Then of course, you have the issue of mentality, the Italians for example don't have a great team on paper, but they have a self belief and winning mentality, they have never lost to Germany in a tournament. This is an unreal achievement!

Granted the managers have been very poor at times and have made dreadful decisions on and off the pitch, but it's too simplistic and lazy to point to that as the main/only issue.

Could not agree more, we keep blaming managers and the next new broom will get the blame sooner or later too.

I just dont buy that the mentality of the all those Untied players that won everything changed when the put on an England shirt. I wouldnt question the mentality of Kane or Dier for a second.

Sven was a complete fraud who was bought a title at Lazio after getting mid table finishes for a decade in that league.

Capello was the guy that phoned up Scholes and Carragher begging them to come back right before the world cup and then started Heskey upfront in 2010. This was when Heskey was at Villa and scoring 3 league goals a season. In the same game he started Gerard and Lampard in a midfield two as if he never had watched them fail in the same team for a decade. The reality is Capello has been semi retired since he stopped club management but a few weeks a year with England and Russia have neted him nice pay days.

If England are gonna get a foreign manager it has to be one that gives a brick not someone with fudge all to prove happy to take a cheque and not really caring of this job just doesn't work out.

I just dont buy that the mentality of the all those Untied players that won everything changed when the put on an England shirt. I wouldnt question the mentality of Kane or Dier for a second.

Sven was a complete fraud who was bought a title at Lazio after getting mid table finishes for a decade in that league.

Capello was the guy that phoned up Scholes and Carragher begging them to come back right before the world cup and then started Heskey upfront in 2010. This was when Heskey was at Villa and scoring 3 league goals a season. In the same game he started Gerard and Lampard in a midfield two as if he never had watched them fail in the same team for a decade. The reality is Capello has been semi retired since he stopped club management but a few weeks a year with England and Russia have neted him nice pay days.

If England are gonna get a foreign manager it has to be one that gives a brick not someone with fudge all to prove happy to take a cheque and not really caring of this job just doesn't work out.

They all "take the cheque"!
Doesn't matter where they where born - it's a job.

I just hope we get somebody with some spirit for a change......

I think thats very harsh on Sven, he did a very good job with England imo

Back