• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I wonder if work on the big thing will finally begin soon...

daniel_levy.jpg

Here's to hoping.;)

From the pictures, it looks like they're pulling off the same thing we'll be trying, i.e building three quarters of it and then playing in the seventy five percent completed stadium while the main stand of their old one is demolished. Can anyone confirm?

And let me just add that I don't like it much. The magic of a new arena is considerable off-put when you realise that there's a big gaping hole at one end and it's still unfinished.:|

From the pictures, it looks like they're pulling off the same thing we'll be trying, i.e building three quarters of it and then playing in the seventy five percent completed stadium while the main stand of their old one is demolished. Can anyone confirm?

In a nutshell - yes

In a nutshell - yes

Danke Schon. Rather detracts from the whole 'Nuevo San Mames' atmosphere they're trying to inculcate. I mean, the old San Mames wasn't 3/4ths done when they opened it, was it? It won't be the same.

At least for ours, we can console ourselves with the fact that, even 3/4ths completed, the new stadium is paying for the wages of our lads Messi on one wing and Ronaldo on the other.;)

Though, for some unfathomable reason, I still have this nagging fear that the man in the middle will be Peter Crouch.

Even though it feels 'fake' as you put it a lot of Westerners are still desperate for jobs in Dubai, why? No tax. Simple. Imagine living in London but with better weather and no tax on anything, that's what it offers. Sure you don't get the history but there's plenty to do and don't forget the location means easy access to Asia, Africa and Europe. Those who do come and work don't end up staying too long anyway yet many others come and start a family.

On two ocassions I've been flown out to the UAE to be offered a job, once was in Dubai and the other Abu Dhabi. On both occasions the feeling I got was that the people I'd have been working with weren't exactly the best in their field. The crazy money that was on offer 10 years ago isn't there anymore, which means the genuinely top people in their industry are not going to make the move.

It's clearly not just the tax. The people I spoke to would be struggling to get a job in London (skill level or opportunities not there), and if they did it wouldn't be a job at the management level they have in the UAE. Part of the tax benefit is also eroded by the high cost of living, more so in Abu Dhabi than Dubai. 'Plenty to do' means 'plenty of ways to spend your money'.... I turned them down because I'd miss the subtleties that established cities have that new builds can't.

In terms of stadium investment there is a good chance it will come from that region, but I'd be very surprised if it came from Dubai.

Not at all. Although its only the groundworks for the Supermarket, its a big step in the right direction

Isn't the supermarket site back and right of the photo? Surely that's looking smack down where the new pitch will be?

I know some of the land north of Paxton Road has been car parking for a while, but that's now most of the Wingate that has been demolished.

http://arabnews.com/economy/article601645.ece

By REUTERS

Published: Mar 30, 2012 00:09 Updated: Apr 1, 2012 00:26

RAS AL-KHAIMAH: A holiday resort in the UAE that will use the brand of nine-times European soccer champions Real Madrid has yet to finalise its funding options to build the $1 billion complex, the project's chief executive said.

The 50-hectare resort, which is to be built on an artificial island in the emirate of Ras Al-Khaimah, is slated to open in January 2015.

It will follow other audacious projects in nearby Dubai and Abu Dhabi, including the world's tallest tower, a Ferrari-branded theme park and man-made palm-shaped islands.

"The only problem we might face is selecting investors, not so much about whether we have the money to make it, but who will participate, because there are already heaps of people that wants to buy most of it," Louis-Armand de Rouge, chief executive of Real Madrid Resort Island, said.

The Luxembourg-based firm will hold road shows in April for potential investors.

"The idea is to have six months study from now until year-end and then two years' construction," de Rouge said.

This confidence comes despite the failure of a slew of sports-themed projects in the UAE in the wake of the financial crisis, including a Tiger Woods-branded golf and real estate development.

Prospective investors for the Real Madrid resort included "individuals, private institutions and some financial institutions", de Rouge said.

He declined to reveal how much Real Madrid would invest in the Gulf coast resort, which will feature a 450-room hotel, a marina and yacht club and a Real Madrid museum, plus an amusement park and a 10,000-capacity stadium.

"There's no way this will endanger the financial safety of Real Madrid," said de Rouge.

Real Madrid claim to have 300 million fans worldwide ÔÇö about 4 percent of the world's population. Around 60 percent of these followers live in Asia, which de Rouge said was a crucial factor in deciding to build the resort in the UAE.

The project will hire independent auditors to ensure the rights of workers building the resort were protected, de Rouge said.

This promise comes after more than 130 artists last year pledged to boycott Abu Dhabi's under-construction Guggenheim museum over what they said was exploitation of foreign workers, according to Human Rights Watch.

"We are fully conditioned of the way people work here, but we have no issue because we will make sure everybody loves what they do and can be treated fairly," added de Rouge.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23032012/58/liga-real-madrid-build-1-billion-uae-holiday-resort.html

Liga - Real Madrid to build '$1 billion UAE holiday resort'

Thu, 22 Mar 16:12:00 2012

Nine-times European champions Real Madrid have unveiled plans to open a $1 billion (?ú632m)branded holiday resort in the United Arab Emirates due in January 2015.

'Real Madrid Resort Island' is a $1 billion dollar venture with the RAK Marjan Island Football Investment Fund and the government of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, developed under the club's brand.

No further financial details were given.

A presentation at the Bernabeu on Thursday showed plans for sports facilities, a marina, luxury hotels and villas, an amusement park, a club museum and a 10,000-seat stadium with one side open to the sea.

"It is a decisive and strategic step that will strengthen our institution in the Middle East and Asia," said Real president Florentino Perez.

The 430,000-square metre leisure facility is expected to attract around one million visitors in 2015.

Real said the artificial island's location put it equidistant between Europe and the Far East, adding that more than half of their estimated 300 million followers were based in Asia

[video]http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23032012/58/liga-real-madrid-build-1-billion-uae-holiday-resort.html[/video]

That is just cheesy, mental wrongness

Next thing you know they will build a Man Utd one next door to the Madrid one

Then they'll play a friendly there... then a Champions League games there... then they'll set up a team called Real Madrid Arabia

What is going on with football nowadays

Maybe the new White Hart Lane should be built a bit further afield than the Wingate estate or the Olympic site... perhaps Beijing would gain us more fans?

They should set up a Super League in Asia with B-teams from all the major European clubs. Wish I could copyright stupid ideas like this and prevent them from happening.

Back