• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

New training ground?

When this actually open? I take it we're moving in for the new season? And what's all this academy rating gonad*s I'm hearing about what tier are we gonna be?

The official web site says 2012, so I assume they probably mean in time for pre-season of the 2012-13 season.

According to the thread about the training ground on SkyscraperCity forum, our academy has played its last game at the Lodge and plan to move to the new facility early in May.

No official announcements on anything yet, of course :) But I think it's pretty safe to say it'll be this summer.

Probably not going to be as early as May. Apparently the fitout of the main building is a little bit behind schedule.

The official web site says 2012, so I assume they probably mean in time for pre-season of the 2012-13 season.

According to the thread about the training ground on SkyscraperCity forum, our academy has played its last game at the Lodge and plan to move to the new facility early in May.

No official announcements on anything yet, of course :) But I think it's pretty safe to say it'll be this summer.

The guy who goes to all the youth gammes said the same thing that we have played our last game at the current trainning ground before the move.

I pass the new training ground every day on my little rat run - they've been busy doing boundary work for the last couple of weeks; cutting back all of the horrible bushes which were there and installing some nice clean railings to border the site. Next addition will probably be finishing touches to the entrance with branding and whatever else.

Has been nice to watch it take shape, even though it's caused traffic mayhem on that road while construction was in progress. A recent addition to an adjoining road are speed humps - which will come as an annoyance to our Ferrari-driving clientele.

Only a mild annoyance though, they'll just have to drive their Range Rover's and Cayenne's to the training ground and save the Ferrari's for matchdays at the Lane !

spurs-training-ground-mar-1.jpg

not sure if i agree with the retro siding look. looks a bit dated to me. probably just cause its not your typical American styling

Styling is a fashion term, mate - this is pure architectural design :D. Although I agree about the cladding choice.

From personal expertise - not too happy about the wall/roof junction in the far corner, tad messy.

Quite enjoy the overall massing and proportion though - very elegant by and large.

This is Spurs - somehow you get the feeling that it will look great, but end up being 50 degrees Celsius in the summer

Or it will fall down in the wind

Or it will flood for half the year

There's gotta be some sort of **** up, we're Spurs

Back