• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Barry Hearn was on talksport yesterday. He still doesn't want West Ham to move into the Olympic Stadium for obvious reasons, but he definitely doesn't want Spurs there either. His words: "Oh no I don't want Spurs there, they're a big club. I'm not so much worried about West Ham. They can't even fill Upton Park every week, why do they want to move into a 60,000 seater stadium?" :ross:

at that car crash David Cameron press conference yesterday he also mentioned several bids for the main stadium. Is there any info on these? Im guessing Orient and WH.

We're doing it on the quiet, one of the bids will be from a partnership of D. Levy Esq. & J. Lewis Esq. ;)

One is West Ham, another is supposedly Essex County Cricket Club, not sure beyond that.

Give it to them. In a few years they will change to Essex Botham Football Club, and become the first non league team this century to win the FA Cup...........................

An indication that Levy might have been using the OS bid to put some pressure on the right people to get the NDP back on track?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that Levy was very serious indeed about moving to Stratford. And, though I was utterly opposed to it, I can see why it would have made perfect sense from his perspective.

The fact that Spurs are no longer interested is simply a consequence of the OPLC's u-turn on the future of the athletics track. Having told us initially that we needn't include it in our plans for the site (so long as we provided for an athletics legacy somewhere), it is now set in stone that there must be an athletics track on the site for the next 99 years.

Spurs granted right to remove final business in the way of new ground

Tottenham Hotspur have been given the go-ahead to remove the final trader standing in the way of their ?ú400million stadium redevelopment.

Last week, Haringey Council’s Cabinet agreed to carry out a compulsory purchase order (CPO) of land belonging to Archway Sheet Metal Works, enabling Spurs to build a new 56,000-seater stadium in its place.

The family-run business currently operates from a number of units in Paxton Road, which runs parallel to the North Stand of Spurs’ White Hart Lane stadium.

It is the only business in the redevelopment area that has yet to agree to a handover of its land to Spurs, as part of the Northumberland Development Project, which also includes plans for new flats and a supermarket.

At the Cabinet meeting on March 20, councillors also approved proposals to hand over council-owned land, situated in the redevelopment area, to Spurs.

Under the plans, a proportion of the Wingate Trading Estate, in High Road, owned by the council, will also be transferred to the club.

In addition, Spurs will also gain ownership of Paxton Road and Bill Nicholson Way, which have yet to be transferred.

It is understood the CPO will take effect in around 12 months.

http://www.hornseyjournal.co.uk/new...l_business_in_the_way_of_new_ground_1_1334278

Someone on Skyscrapercity mentioned this just over a week ago, although they said that they said that Spurs had done a deal directly with the business because of the impending CPO, rather than the CPO itself being enforced.

They said that the owner got a lot less than they wanted, I suppose their bargaining power pretty much went out of the window with a CPO on the horizon. I'm sure I remember a year or two ago reading about a business that was refusing to sell to us, despite being offered waaaayyy above market value. If this is the same business they've really arsed that up.

Anyway, however we actually got the land, bloody good news that we now own all the land we need. Bit by bit it's inching closer!

It's on. Does that business stand to make a fortune, even though the purchase was compulsory?

I have no idea how much their property is worth but they will probably receive more than the market rate. Even with a CPO, you can't force a property owner to sell for less than the market rate. Main bummer for the owners is that the market rate is somewhat depressed at present. They would far rather that Spurs were forcing them to sell in a buoyant market.

Incidentally, Archway only built that big building on the Paxton Road a few years ago. I always reckoned that they only did so with an eye to making a big profit on it when Spurs came calling.

I have no idea how much their property is worth but they will probably receive more than the market rate. Even with a CPO, you can't force a property owner to sell for less than the market rate. Main bummer for the owners is that the market rate is somewhat depressed at present. They would far rather that Spurs were forcing them to sell in a buoyant market.

Incidentally, Archway only built that big building on the Paxton Road a few years ago. I always reckoned that they only did so with an eye to making a big profit on it when Spurs came calling.

also, a CPO needs to go through the Deputy Prime Minister's office, not any local council which happens to do a deal. Which makes me think a deal has been done, rather than going through central government for what is essentially a suspension of private property in law allowing land aquisition in the 'national interest' to go ahead. As im sure has been mentioned its a hangover from WW2 where Churchill and presumably Atlee enacted a provision meaning land could be acquired for the war effort. This was never repealed and is used these days for less pressing needs!

It's on. Does that business stand to make a fortune, even though the purchase was compulsory?

yes i would think he does

A few years ago me and a mate brought a house which to be fair was a dump it was at the back of worthing and we had all read about the new bypass going through there and we thought this house would be a compulsory purchase, sadly they decided on a different route for the bypass so we did not make the killing we thought we would. But as a rule compulsory purchase are usually a good price.

This was before all this EU flimflam so maybe people can appeal to the EU now i do not know.

The owners of the steel works are rumoured to be arsenal fans and that is why they did not sell earlier. Might be flimflam because i can not understand why any arsenal fan would want to see our stadium everyday, the are plenty of other places they could go.

But as a rule compulsory purchase are usually a good price.

An owner of a property served with a CPO will only get a market price - the definition of a market price being what the property would be worth if the development which necessitated the CPO had never even been proposed (so it doesn't matter whether the proposed development would increase or decrease the value of the property).

What you're talking about, I think, is property owners getting more than market price from the developers. But that will only happen if they agree to sell their property before it gets to the point of CPO's being served.

One is West Ham, another is supposedly Essex County Cricket Club, not sure beyond that.

Essex CCC/Uni East London and concert promoter Live Nation are two of the other three.

And it has been confirmed that the unknown 4th one is not another football or a rugby club (Saracens and Wasps both decided it wasn't fit for purpose, as well as Leyton Orient). The strongest rumour at the moment is Major League Baseball.

An owner of a property served with a CPO will only get a market price - the definition of a market price being what the property would be worth if the development which necessitated the CPO had never even been proposed (so it doesn't matter whether the proposed development would increase or decrease the value of the property).

What you're talking about, I think, is property owners getting more than market price from the developers. But that will only happen if they agree to sell their property before it gets to the point of CPO's being served.

Should consider himself lucky he doesn't get given market value if the development were not to take place eg if spurs moved out of the area. His price would halve, maybe even more.

A bit harsh in the sense that if it was my home or business I don't know why anyone should have the right to force me to sell. But I get the feeling he might even be anti-spurs in some way

Back