• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
What are the ambitions of the club if we getting posti? Especially when JN, pochettino etc were available?

Its just a recognition by the board that only a certain level of manager will stick around and work within the constraints enic put on the club.

At least they are trying to find miracle men within that level of manager but most of them understandably have little interest in the job.

Ange has won with the Oz national team, then in Japan and then Scotland. If nothing else it says he has coaching and interpersonal skills which can cross international divides.

There are plenty of coaches you wouldn't have expected to be a success who have been - Ranieri leaps to mind immediately, granted there are numerous failures (Gross, Santini to name but two of ours!) as well but when establishing what a club needs you have to look at the language and the simplicity of the message. On this I'm reasonably comfortable. Will he handle the spot light if appointed. That's the clincher for me. Might also be the reason Potter doesn't fancy us.

Ange has won with the Oz national team, then in Japan and then Scotland. If nothing else it says he has coaching and interpersonal skills which can cross international divides.

There are plenty of coaches you wouldn't have expected to be a success who have been - Ranieri leaps to mind immediately, granted there are numerous failures (Gross, Santini to name but two of ours!) as well but when establishing what a club needs you have to look at the language and the simplicity of the message. On this I'm reasonably comfortable. Will he handle the spot light if appointed. That's the clincher for me. Might also be the reason Potter doesn't fancy us.
Potter doesn’t fancy us?

What are the ambitions of the club if we getting posti? Especially when JN, pochettino etc were available?

To appoint someone who will tow the party line; who will not be a threat to Levy; who is relatively cheap to employ, and to get rid of; and who will actually want (and take) the job.

Well Bayern is a higher level than either of the clubs he had managed so factually it's a step up - he done what was expected at that level on the pitch in his first season and then seemingly was let go because of politics part way through his second season, that isn't bombing out as you put it - personality clashes happen.

He's shown that he can get results with a poor/underperforming team, that he can transform a relegation threatened side in to a top 4 team in a couple of seasons and he's shown he can take a top 4-5 team and improve them further and then when given the chance at an elite club he showed he can deliver titles - all in a strong league. That ticks a lot of boxes and is an actual proven track record that can be easily related to our position and the strength of the league we're in.
Sadly he has ruled himself out Bill. Think he would have been good here.

Potter doesn’t fancy us?

Conjecture on my part - I wonder if the impact of the debacle at Cheatski might colour his judgement on a "big" job - talk of Palace for instance suggests he may want to do the smaller club less pressure route rather than the pressure cooker that comes with us, Geordies, Man U, etc.

What merit? He's almost 60 and in all that time he's managed to climb all the way up to the Scottish league on the managerial ladder. That says a lot to me. I'd be truly disappointed if he's appointed. Surely there are better and more progressive alternatives out there.

Progressive: “oh look he’s young for a manager!”
Not progressive: “He’s nearly 60 ffs!”

I know you're being tongue in cheek but what's the point of a forum if people are afraid to put a point forward due to being shot down? Especially in this thread. Yeah no one has a clue. But that's what makes the discussion interesting.

Sadly the most concerning thing is that the people in charge appear to have no clue either!

Certainly does feel a bit like the club are clueless.

I know you're being tongue in cheek but what's the point of a forum if people are afraid to put a point forward due to being shot down? Especially in this thread. Yeah no one has a clue. But that's what makes the discussion interesting.

Sadly the most concerning thing is that the people in charge appear to have no clue either!

Totally tongue-in-cheek. I just liked the word.

Back