• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Levy wont go for Carrick, Kompany or de Zerbi - they're not experienced enough, similar to how he's turned down the opportunity to go for Potter, Parker etc before

Enrique is plausible in terms of Levy being interested, however I think he'll hold out for a bigger job than Spurs

Gallardo - too much of a risk (esp for Levy) given he's not managed in Europe

We need a manager who wants to join Spurs rather than have his arm twisted and there needs to be some belief that he might stay for 5-10 years. They need to play good football too. That's my sole list of requirements and I think it points to Poch

Levy wont go for Carrick, Kompany or de Zerbi - they're not experienced enough, similar to how he's turned down the opportunity to go for Potter, Parker etc before

Enrique is plausible in terms of Levy being interested, however I think he'll hold out for a bigger job than Spurs

Gallardo - too much of a risk (esp for Levy) given he's not managed in Europe

We need a manager who wants to join Spurs rather than have his arm twisted and there needs to be some belief that he might stay for 5-10 years. They need to play good football too. That's my sole list of requirements and I think it points to Poch

Agree. Where else do you think Enrique would go? He's done Barca and Spain. There's no money in Europe. You think he'd hold out assuming some of Chelsea, Liverpool or City will come up in the next year or two?

Poch should be our manager for the rest of his career, just taking sabbaticals now and again when we'd have a short term caretaker.

Agree. Where else do you think Enrique would go? He's done Barca and Spain. There's no money in Europe. You think he'd hold out assuming some of Chelsea, Liverpool or City will come up in the next year or two?

Those clubs you mention are the obvious names, or PSG when Galtier is inevitably pushed or potentially one of the bigger Italian clubs, depending on how motivated he is by money

Would be great if he was interested in the Spurs job, but I think its a long shot

I think we all know it's going to be Poch. Levy knows the quickest way to get the fans onside and to forget about this season is to get Poch.
For me there are a few good candidates, but the main thing is that I want to enjoy the football again, win or lose and to have everyone pulling together.
Again Poch, fills that.

Why is Nuno not up there?…. We might end up with him again after the 6 names on that list have turned us down due to a demand of a top 4 finish on the 6th or 7th biggest budget.

I've said before I'd love to give Ange Postecoglu a go. I think he'd suit us very well.

But I would be equally happy to see Pochettino back.

Whoever it is we need to decide what we want and who we are.
With three doped clubs and two with a massive fan basse we are at a disadvantage right away.
Top four is only going to get more difficult, do want to cycle through dour, cynical boring managers trying to grind out results while not applying ourselves to the cups?
Or do we want a dynamic, invested manager with an ethos of we will give it our all, we may fall short but we will enjoy the ride.
I would be happy with good exciting football, a cup win and cl every three years and el the in the other years. Especially if we take the el seriously.
I would take poch back if he gives more priority to the cups.

Wow, I'm shocked that so many want Poch back at this point. I absolutely loved him, and was devastated when we sacked him - definitely don't think he deserved it. And the Poch years were my best years supporting the club. But personally I don't think his return now would bring back feel-good vibes. It smacks more of desperation to me. Let's not forget that he left at a time when our form and mood was terrible, and he'd be re-joining at a time when our form and mood is poor. Without him having set the world alight in the meantime. I just see this ending badly. I think the mood would turn very quickly if we didn't immediately start getting better results.

Wow, I'm shocked that so many want Poch back at this point. I absolutely loved him, and was devastated when we sacked him - definitely don't think he deserved it. And the Poch years were my best years supporting the club. But personally I don't think his return now would bring back feel-good vibes. It smacks more of desperation to me. Let's not forget that he left at a time when our form and mood was terrible, and he'd be re-joining at a time when our form and mood is poor. Without him having set the world alight in the meantime. I just see this ending badly. I think the mood would turn very quickly if we didn't immediately start getting better results.

Bigger question I think is whether anyone would join now or prefer to wait til the summer. Our lack of creative options is a real problem. I'm not sure how Poch would set us up - perhaps 4-3-3 with attacking FBs and SKipp, PEH, Sarr in midfield?

Back