• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Expecting to see a couple Japanese players signed. Ones that were out of reach of Celtic. Japan produces some amazing technical hard working footballers and are one of my favourite international teams to watch.

Edit: Reckon Hatate might be one we look to take from them actually.

Are any better than Mitoma, or is he the outstanding player at the moment (he was the one that caught my eye at the WC, before realising he was on Brighton's books)?

Did you follow Ange when he won the league in Japan? I read that he took his team to their first title in 15 years but saw they dropped off quite a bit in the following season, so wondered what the story was behind that?

He left for Celtic halfway through that season. I don’t remember many specifics (I was back in Australia at this point) but COVID had an impact and Kawasaki Frontale were outstanding.

Kamada is meant to be the highest rated, but looks like he's going Milan. I would hope Post has the inside track to the next big thing rather than those who are somewhat established.

Article on him from a player who played in two sides for him

What Tottenham's stars can expect from Ange Postecoglou's first week by a player who experienced it twice (optus.com.au)

Interesting bits

When Ange takes over a team, his first priority is to instil his ethos and mindset throughout the entire club. He aims to achieve ‘buy-in’ from everyone involved, and a significant part of this process happens off the training ground, through daily meetings. While Ange is known for his emotionally charged press conferences, where he maintains unwavering focus and controls the narrative, what people often overlook is that he operates the same way within the playing squad. His words are always grounded in logic, and combined with his exceptional level of emotional intelligence, he manages to gain that ‘buy-in’ relatively easily.

Ange's unwavering focus and ability to empower and motivate the entire squad to create those ‘special moments’ form the foundation of his football philosophy. While many like to dissect formations and playing styles, they sometimes miss the point. Two teams playing the same formation but with different mindsets yield vastly different results. While his teams demonstrate exceptional tactical prowess, it's the intent behind their play that sets them apart.

Ange also absolves his players of negative thoughts or repercussions, assuring them that he'll shoulder any blame if things go awry following his instructions. What more could a player ask for? He equips you with the tools and grants you the freedom to express yourself without fear of reprimand, even if it doesn't always go according to plan.

The second pillar of Ange's success I previously touched on, which becomes apparent very quickly, lies in his meticulous preparation. It's no secret that he spends hours analysing training sessions and matches, fine-tuning every minute detail that can positively impact the team.

I went into matches armed with knowledge of every single player, even knowing where they were born (seriously). This level of preparation made it incredibly difficult to be caught off guard during matches and helped maintain unwavering confidence and belief. But the most apparent aspect of his preparation is the intensity of his training sessions and the physical conditioning of his players. Although not lengthy sessions, Spurs players will undoubtedly be in for some of the most gruelling sessions of their careers. His high-octane, suffocating style of play demands relentless intensity every single day.

fudging hell, obviously Aussie love in, but our boys will have shell shock after the constant fear and being thrown under bus, a manager with EQ?

Back