• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I doubt Nagelsmann would consider us anymore.

From a reputation standpoint we are in a very bad place, add to that the actual job offer (money aside) cannot be at all attractive. That is without even beginning to assess the state of the squad and the means to rectify it.

As someone said earlier would a Potter even want to come to Spurs at the moment.

Look at the list who have either we have ruled out, or ruled themselves out or rumoured to have done:

Poch
Nagelsmann
Kompany
Enrique
Slot
Xabi Alonso
Potter (Nice speculation)

Leaves us with:

Rodgers
Ange P
Amorim (cost?)
Frank (cost? can we attract him?)

Who else? Fingers crossed Levy has someone up his sleeve

Look at the list who have either we have ruled out, or ruled themselves out or rumoured to have done:

Poch
Nagelsmann
Kompany
Enrique
Slot
Xabi Alonso

Leaves us with:

Rodgers
Ange P
Amorim (cost?)

I like Frank as a person. The way he speaks is great
But their football is brick. Long ball, hit the target man. It’s Wimbledon esque

Amorim would be as expensive as slot

Poch
Nagelsmann
Kompany
Enrique
Slot
Xabi Alonso

Leaves us with:

Rodgers
Ange P
Amorim (cost?)

Who knows what the actual list is as anyone on here is basing theirs on media speculation who in turn know very little.

But what we do know is at the end of the season many managers leave their posts and more will be available. The likes of Galtier and Spaletti for starters are likely, there will be plenty of options....

But what we do know is at the end of the season many managers leave their posts and more will be available. The likes of Galtier and Spaletti for starters are likely, there will be plenty of options....

I'm not as positive as you that end of season manager changes will throw up that many good names but Spaletti is an interesting shout

This manager issue and the media speculation is all getting a bit silly..

Why don't we just put an advert in the London Evening Standard inviting applications for the position of first team manager at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club with a closing date of 9 June.

Hold interviews in the week commencing 19 June and appoint the best candidate by 30 June..... Simple

This manager issue and the media speculation is all getting a bit silly..

Why don't we just put an advert in the London Evening Standard inviting applications for the position of first team manager at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club with a closing date of 9 June.

Hold interviews in the week commencing 19 June and appoint the best candidate by 30 June..... Simple

Not sure applications will be flowing in.

Given the issues around DoF vacancy, Munn arrival in however many weeks, expectations of the role, cash available to spend, rebuilt of squad needed etc etc, the role just isnt that attractive

Not sure applications will be flowing in.

Given the issues around DoF vacancy, Munn arrival in however many weeks, expectations of the role, cash available to spend, rebuilt of squad needed etc etc, the role just isnt that attractive
Yeah, one of the best-paying jobs in world football with a team that is constantly in Europe (maybe not next season) is not attractive...

Yeah, one of the best-paying jobs in world football with a team that is constantly in Europe (maybe not next season) is not attractive...

Maybe I should have said 'Not sure applications will be flowing in from credible candidates' in that case to be clear

Can you name 3-5 credible candidates who would be interested?

I will offer my take on what happened (n.b. I know as much -or little- as anyone here, thus salt cellar might be needed)...

We sniffed the Slot out via agent/intermediataries & co
We liked what we smelled
We made it clear that we would be interested
We did some reconnaissance on how much Feyenoord would want and received a ballpark figure
We further made it clear that in order for an official approach to happen, we needed Slot to say he wanted 'a new challenge' or some such brick in order to 'bring down any compensation'
Slot received this information and would not do it/started to realize a little more who he was dealing with
Slot secures his own immediate future as anything other than an extension leaves him vulnerable
Our 'PR team' goes into overdrive to rewrite narrative, including the whole 'feel that Slot used them in negotiations' flimflam...

I also have to wonder if we only offered him a two-year contract?

Poch
Nagelsmann
Kompany
Enrique
Slot
Xabi Alonso

Leaves us with:

Rodgers
Ange P
Amorim (cost?)

Lopetegui if he leaves Wolves. He turned us down in 2021 as he had just extended his contract at Sevilla and wanted to stay there. In October 2022 they sacked him after losing 5 out of the 8 opening games. Of course, only Levy sacks his managers as soon as they look like missing out on CL qualification.

Slot wouldn’t be allowed to talk to Spurs without Feyenoord’s permission. His agent could’ve been talking to us however (and an agency my Dad did some contract work for previously said we had been speaking to the agent).

Let's face it, we asked Slot to make it clear he wanted to go so as 'the fee' would be knocked down. I could speculate further but not here. I think we are being caught out by the fact that smart young managers know flimflam when they scent it.

I will offer my take on what happened (n.b. I know as much -or little- as anyone here, thus salt cellar might be needed)...

We sniffed the Slot out via agent/intermediataries & co
We liked what we smelled
We made it clear that we would be interested
We did some reconnaissance on how much Feyenoord would want and received a ballpark figure
We further made it clear that in order for an official approach to happen, we needed Slot to say he wanted 'a new challenge' or some such brick in order to 'bring down any compensation'
Slot received this information and would not do it/started to realize a little more who he was dealing with
Slot secures his own immediate future as anything other than an extension leaves him vulnerable
Our 'PR team' goes into overdrive to rewrite narrative, including the whole 'feel that Slot used them in negotiations' flimflam...

I also have to wonder if we only offered him a two-year contract?
There's about 20 different narratives out there, doubt the PR team wrote them all

I think Levy might well have had enough of all this, protests are only going to get louder and more persistent, the team is going nowhere with limited funds to fix it, his boss wont inject any funds unlike more and more PL clubs these days.

He’s been doing this 20 plus years and if the rumours are true that Lewis is open to selling… well I can see Levy coming more and more around to that idea.

If sheikh jassim misses out on man utd and comes in with £4bn lets say for Spurs I reckon enic are gone.

Back