• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
It it is then it’s 33 years and out for my love of football. I’d find a different passion and enjoy life differently. No way am I supporting Brendan Rogers or any management regime that brings him to our club.

I wouldn’t opt out - but it would only serve to seriously increase the sense of disconnect I’ve been feeling for most of this season.

It would also be a complete fudging embarrassment having that tit in charge.

Regarding Sherwood, and this has been explained several times before, he had an existing 18 month contract/had 18 months left to run on his existing contract - he was not given an 18 month caretaker role, he just changed job titles/roles

Some celtic supporting friends are saying that poste has been quoted ad saying that he would not break a contract and that he came to celtic and demanded his players so he could play his way.
Could all be wishful thinking because they really don't want to lose him of course.

Regarding Sherwood, and this has been explained several times before, he had an existing 18 month contract/had 18 months left to run on his existing contract - he was not given an 18 month caretaker role, he just changed job titles/roles

constructively dismissed, can’t believe the dumbass fell for it, actually I can easily believe it

bet he spells his own name wrong in his signature

You do your due diligence to create your shortlist. It includes things such as what the style of play is under said manager, what his personality is, how well he does with academies/youngsters, etc. But until you speak to the manager and club, you will not know if they are interested, what their demands are, what compensation the club wants, etc. Spurs could have spent years doing due diligence, but they would still have to wait until now to find these things out.
It's abit naive to think they don't speak to the managers or at least their representatives beforehand.

Out of interest what are you basing this list on?

I didnt refer to a list, but I'm sure if each of us had put together a list of say 20 possible managers who might be persuaded to leave their clubs or were available (whether we liked them or not), there would be 15 common names on all those lists (ignore any precision around the 15 or 20).

I'd hope the club would have a few additional names given the 60 days of due diligence which they've been doing

Out of those names, rightly or wrongly some have gone/might be going elsewhere (Potter) or appear to have ruled themselves out (Kompany, Enrique, seems like Slot, Xabi Alonso) or Spurs ahve ruled out (Nagelsmann, Poch)

So whatever the number of options, there are a good number of them which seem to no longer seem to be viable or might shortly not be viable

5 out of the 9 choices in the poll on this thread now out of the running. Possibly 6, if you believe that Enrique said he’s not interested.

5 out of the 9 choices in the poll on this thread now out of the running. Possibly 6, if you believe that Enrique said he’s not interested.

Ha - just saw that too! Carrick is the only one available...but would we want him? Think I'd take Rodgers - at least he's won stuff in Scotland

If Potter goes to Nice, its Ange or Rodgers?

It's hilarious ... we don't have the ambition or thr backing for any manager in the right mind to come here.

Honestly if you were a successful manager why would you come here?

Potter flat out said no to us previously even before he left Brighton for Chelsea yet here there are some that are clamoring for him.

The board, the club, the team are a joke

I didnt refer to a list, but I'm sure if each of us had put together a list of say 20 possible managers who might be persuaded to leave their clubs or were available (whether we liked them or not), there would be 15 common names on all those lists (ignore any precision around the 15 or 20).

I'd hope the club would have a few additional names given the 60 days of due diligence which they've been doing

Out of those names, rightly or wrongly some have gone/might be going elsewhere (Potter) or appear to have ruled themselves out (Kompany, Enrique, seems like Slot, Xabi Alonso) or Spurs ahve ruled out (Nagelsmann, Poch)

So whatever the number of options, there are a good number of them which seem to no longer seem to be viable or might shortly not be viable

Ok fair enough. I did not mean you physically had a list BTW just for you to be getting to the bottom of options in your opinion you must be keeping a mental note.

Not sure I agree I totally agree on the list of names per say because I think those names were also heavily influenced by betting lists and paper links, not wholly on who people fully believed we should be going for, for example I never had us down for a Kompany, Enrique or Alonso personally.

Maybe its me and I just see things differently, I don't see us or any club restricted to any one way of thinking of managers like we seem to be fixed into, but thats cool, everyone sees things differently

Ok fair enough. I did not mean you physically had a list BTW just for you to be getting to the bottom of options in your opinion you must be keeping a mental note.

Not sure I agree I totally agree on the list of names per say because I think those names were also heavily influenced by betting lists and paper links, not wholly on who people fully believed we should be going for, for example I never had us down for a Kompany, Enrique or Alonso personally.

Maybe its me and I just see things differently, I don't see us or any club restricted to any one way of thinking of managers like we seem to be fixed into, but thats cool, everyone sees things differently

Fair enough. I hope there's more (decent) options available and that we land someone appropriate but the field of people who would fit seems to be shrinking fit (assuming people who are reported as not coming is in fact true)

Back