• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Spoke to him recently? He might share my way of thinking after contes rant.
You’ve spoke to him as much as I have. I said he was an equilibrium of things - he’s not an ‘elite’ name but is still a big name yet doesn’t sacrifice style and potentially someone with a vision rather than for the short term. Levy is more likely to have Nagelsman on his radar than Slot. Whether that makes it right is another matter….

Rafa Honigstein on the totally football show always talks about the difficulty of managing the Bayern dressing room, with so many big personalities and egos, and I suspect this is where Naglesmann struggled the most. Culturally it might not have been the right fit, but doesn't mean that he won't be a good fit for us.
Wait till he has to negotiate the big personalities and egos of the Spurs fanbase.

He seems to have managed that communication quite well in his two previous jobs
If you read the article that Gutter Boy posted, not really. I get it that a manager shouldn't become too friendly with his players. But not communicating with them at all outside of the tactical sessions, as Nagelsmann is reported of doing, is a bit of the opposite extreme. Great managers know where that middle ground is. And I think our squad needs someone that can reach out to them more on the personal level. If we are to believe what Conte said about the players and what folks here are claiming is the soft mentality of the club a a whole, we need this. We need a motivator. We need someone who will make the players give their all and believe in themselves.

You’ve spoke to him as much as I have. I said he was an equilibrium of things - he’s not an ‘elite’ name but is still a big name yet doesn’t sacrifice style and potentially someone with a vision rather than for the short term. Levy is more likely to have Nagelsman on his radar than Slot. Whether that makes it right is another matter….
Yet I have the feeling that Slot, if successful, would stick around much longer than Nagelsmann would. Other than the fact that he is an attack-minded manager whose teams play some really good football we don't now much about this guy. Some might say that his style and success is all we need to know, but I'm still skeptical.

I think one point a lot of people are missing is that, while fans' opinion is important, the players' is even more important. Anybody remember Herr Gross? He achieved thremendous results with Grasshopper and he did even better with Basel afterwards. However, our players clearly never accepted him and Ferdinand even went as far as to say 'I hope he learnt something' after his sacking. So, I'd think twice before appointing a complete unknown because if you've got certain personalities in your squad (and the Espirito Santos' experiment seems to indicate that we do), you're bound to be disappointed.

I think one point a lot of people are missing is that, while fans' opinion is important, the players' is even more important. Anybody remember Herr Gross? He achieved thremendous results with Grasshopper and he did even better with Basel afterwards. However, our players clearly never accepted him and Ferdinand even went as far as to say 'I hope he learnt something' after his sacking. So, I'd think twice before appointing a complete unknown because if you've got certain personalities in your squad (and the Espirito Santos' experiment seems to indicate that we do), you're bound to be disappointed.
I don't disagree, but whereas a big name will command instant respect, if he doesn't continue to earn it he will lose it (as the Conte fiasco proved out). On the other hand, an "unknown" might not command the instant respect, but if he has the right attributes he will earn it. So I think the "name" should be the last thing on the club's mind. Get the manager with the right attributes and he will eventually win over the players and the fans, and his unknownness will be very quickly forgotten.

0x0.jpg

Oliver Kahn's face is a portrait. He knows, months ago, he's already made a mistake.

If you read the article that Gutter Boy posted, not really. I get it that a manager shouldn't become too friendly with his players. But not communicating with them at all outside of the tactical sessions, as Nagelsmann is reported of doing, is a bit of the opposite extreme. Great managers know where that middle ground is. And I think our squad needs someone that can reach out to them more on the personal level. If we are to believe what Conte said about the players and what folks here are claiming is the soft mentality of the club a a whole, we need this. We need a motivator. We need someone who will make the players give their all and believe in themselves.

Pochettino would have a head start over other candidates. And more money now to play with than when he left.

Not sure this is the right time for Nagelsmann, having just been sacked from his dream job. We need to be sure he's fully motivated to take on this project.

there's a lot of solid managers out of work at the moment and now Tuchel is tied up you have to say that improves things even further.

I'd be inclined to get Paratici to sound out Nagelsmann - then see how things fell.

He's certainly a character and his own man - might be another Jose or Antoniooooo.....

There aren’t many clubs out there as bloated and self-entitled as Bayern. I wouldn’t judge any manager on their experience with them.

Don't they have a right to be? They've won the league what 10 years on the trott. If you're a young manager coming in, play to their strengths and work at replacing the ones getting too old or leave that to the dof. You don't have to be a disciplinarian. These are some of the best players in the world that are winners. They're not kids or underperforming. Arrange the training, tactics, select the team. Make sure everyone understands their role and let them do their thing.

Back