• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
What was so bad about it? The guy is 35, probably still developing as a manager. The only thing that bothers me is the AVB vibe but that’s probably me being lazy.

What is bad about it is the fact that it looks like he has very very few people managements skills, and it seems that he has trouble communicating his (admittedly by all commenters) superior tactical instructions to some of his players, even intelligent seasoned internationals.

serious AVB fears…

Rafa Honigstein on the totally football show always talks about the difficulty of managing the Bayern dressing room, with so many big personalities and egos, and I suspect this is where Naglesmann struggled the most. Culturally it might not have been the right fit, but doesn't mean that he won't be a good fit for us.

What is bad about it is the fact that it looks like he has very very few people managements skills, and it seems that he has trouble communicating his (admittedly by all commenters) superior tactical instructions to some of his players, even intelligent seasoned internationals.

serious AVB fears…
This. He never played the game at a high level and and I don't know how well he understands the player perspective. Add to that he is a young manager who has had success and all of a sudden came crashing down and that might expose any inherent insecurity. I mean it's totally natural for someone in his position to feel a little insecure and maybe being so detail-oriented and precise is overcompensation on his part. But if he doesn't understand when to focus on the Xs and Os and when to focus on people management, it won't go over well. I can see him being the type of manager who might say "I laid out the game plan to my players to a tee and it was the right one, but they just didn't execute it." That would basically be Conte all over again.

Of course, this is all conjecture on my part and based solely on what I have read. If we do get him, hopefully I am wrong about all of it.

Feyenoord manager. Has them in first and plays free-flowing attacking football. Did the same with AZ before that and looks like he is good at building a good team culture. He's a dark horse, but I wouldn't mind him. Won coach of the year over ten Hag last season.

Feyenoord top of the league and in quarters of the europa. Got to the final of the conference last season. On paper looks good. Ajax and psv have lost players this season though.

Does he still have RVP on his coaching staff?

Never played or coached outside of the Dutch league, that's my worry about him

Found this interview with slot after az's 4-0 defeat against utd. Excellent english and comes over very well. I'm liking the look of him.

Feyenoord top of the league and in quarters of the europa. Got to the final of the conference last season. On paper looks good. Ajax and psv have lost players this season though.
Still wouldn’t be any less of an achievement if they had strong teams.

Found this interview with slot after az's 4-0 defeat against utd. Excellent english and comes over very well. I'm liking the look of him.

I don't really see anything in this interview that is different than what most managers would say. And being Dutch, it is expected that his English would be very good. I'd be surprised if I encountered a Dutchman (or Dane, or Swede, or Norwegian) who didn't speak very good English.

Do you have any videos of him in the locker room at half-time? :p

I don't really see anything in this interview that is different than what most managers would say. And being Dutch, it is expected that his English would be very good. I'd be surprised if I encountered a Dutchman (or Dane, or Swede, or Norwegian) who didn't speak very good English.

Do you have any videos of him in the locker room at half-time? :p

Well for one after a 4-0 loss he isn't ranting about how his players aren't motivated.

serious AVB fears…

He seems to have managed that communication quite well in his two previous jobs

Well for one after a 4-0 loss he isn't ranting about how his players aren't motivated.
That’s easier to be like that when you are in charge of a smaller club playing one of the biggest clubs in world football, it’s hardly the same pressure is it.

The reason why many players and managers fail in the PL is the pressure and expectation is like no other, especially compared to the somewhere like the Dutch league. I’m not saying I wouldn’t be intrigued or against this type of appointment btw.

But, if Nagelsman is attainable I think he will be Levy’s first choice - he seems the perfect equilibrium of a ‘name’ but also plays the brand of football we would want and potentially more of a ‘project manager’…..

That’s easier to be like that when you are in charge of a smaller club playing one of the biggest clubs in world football, it’s hardly the same pressure is it.

The reason why many players and managers fail in the PL is the pressure and expectation is like no other, especially compared to the somewhere like the Dutch league. I’m not saying I wouldn’t be intrigued or against this type of appointment btw.

But, if Nagelsman is attainable I think he will be Levy’s first choice - he seems the perfect equilibrium of a ‘name’ but also plays the brand of football we would want and potentially more of a ‘project manager’…..

I really don't care about a "name". Poch, jol and redknapp weren't "names".

From what I have read, many of our players don’t suit Nagelsman’s style of football. Maybe what I have read is wrong, but it would not surprise me that we lurch from one style of manager to another. It would be just a new act in the Circus of Spurs™️

Back