• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Don't they have a right to be? They've won the league what 10 years on the trott. If you're a young manager coming in, play to their strengths and work at replacing the ones getting too old or leave that to the dof. You don't have to be a disciplinarian. These are some of the best players in the world that are winners. They're not kids or underperforming. Arrange the training, tactics, select the team. Make sure everyone understands their role and let them do their thing.
10 years on the trot through the usual means.
Suppress potential competition by buying their best players, they’ve been doing it for decades. Every so often they don’t win out of boredom more than anything else.
I have absolutely zero respect for them.

10 years on the trot through the usual means.
Suppress potential competition by buying their best players, they’ve been doing it for decades. Every so often they don’t win out of boredom more than anything else.
I have absolutely zero respect for them.

That's fine for you. But if you were a coach taking a job there you would need to show some respect.

Maybe Nagelsmann is the answer, maybe he isn’t but there is some very firm and frankly bizarre conclusions being made based on some articles that tell one side of the story and a picture where Oliver Khan is holding a beer.

Other contenders are being dismissed because apparently they are a ‘prick’ or a ‘clam’.

This is all very informative and I hope Daniel has access to the same sources of this insightful and no doubt extremely credible information :eek:

Maybe Nagelsmann is the answer, maybe he isn’t but there is some very firm and frankly bizarre conclusions being made based on some articles that tell one side of the story and a picture where Oliver Khan is holding a beer.

Other contenders are being dismissed because apparently they are a ‘prick’ or a ‘clam’.

This is all very informative and I hope Daniel has access to the same sources of this insightful and no doubt extremely credible information :eek:
Come on, man, when clubs do their due diligence they have access to information we wouldn't even dream about. You think they go off what some rando posted on Twitter or articles by 18-year olds in HITC?

Come on, man, when clubs do their due diligence they have access to information we wouldn't even dream about. You think they go off what some rando posted on Twitter or articles by 18-year olds in HITC?

You'd like to think so. Not sure they do though.

There looks to be a manager merry go round happening. The madrid job possibly available in the summer. Both poch and naglesmann linked. Which would make Ancelotti available. Naglesmann, slot not available till summer. Galardo available now although may want to wait himself.

Mason seems the obvious answer as short term fix. Give him some experience see how he does. No pressure really. Or we could say to poch, we'll give you a contract till the summer. Then you will help us out but also be available if madrid want you. Then we'll go with one of the others. It would be weird for everyone but could work.

There looks to be a manager merry go round happening. The madrid job possibly available in the summer. Both poch and naglesmann linked. Which would make Ancelotti available. Naglesmann, slot not available till summer. Galardo available now although may want to wait himself.

Mason seems the obvious answer as short term fix. Give him some experience see how he does. No pressure really. Or we could say to poch, we'll give you a contract till the summer. Then you will help us out but also be available if madrid want you. Then we'll go with one of the others. It would be weird for everyone but could work.

Poch until summer is an interesting idea.
For me, it depends if Conte has lost the dressing room or not. Results are passable and will get us into EL, maybe CL. It's a very very tight league.
But if dressing room has gone, then make the change just for impetus.

Poch, Mason or Nagelsman seem the obvious choices - all with a focus on building and longevity.

On the Mason note - few people seem in favour. Can someone tell me what they think would work here? Or is just that he knows the fabric of the club?

Poch until summer is an interesting idea.
For me, it depends if Conte has lost the dressing room or not. Results are passable and will get us into EL, maybe CL. It's a very very tight league.
But if dressing room has gone, then make the change just for impetus.

Poch, Mason or Nagelsman seem the obvious choices - all with a focus on building and longevity.

On the Mason note - few people seem in favour. Can someone tell me what they think would work here? Or is just that he knows the fabric of the club?

Mason did a job last time. 4 wins and 2 loses in his prem games. If he could repeat that win rate we'd possibly get cl. Would give us 69 points.

Conte in his last 10 games in charge (not sick) has won 3 drawn 2 lost 5.

I don't think Poch is going to be our next manager.
I am not sure Conte will be officially sacked for a while yet - 'recuperation time' could be the phrase - as I think the club would quite like to have a Stellini/Mason axis to see us through these final 10 games, albeit without Conte driving. This is, BTW, guesswork.
I am sure Levy will want to investigate Nagelsmann, but cannot help agreeing with those who see a merry-go-round this summer. Real Madrid will have their pick you'd think, but if I were to predict...

Poch to Real Madrid
Zidane to PSG
Paratici sacked along with Conte
Nagelsmann to us run the summer
DeZerbi to a top Italian job if he decides to leave

Let's see. It is silly season!

I don't think Poch is going to be our next manager.
I am not sure Conte will be officially sacked for a while yet - 'recuperation time' could be the phrase - as I think the club would quite like to have a Stellini/Mason axis to see us through these final 10 games, albeit without Conte driving. This is, BTW, guesswork.
I am sure Levy will want to investigate Nagelsmann, but cannot help agreeing with those who see a merry-go-round this summer. Real Madrid will have their pick you'd think, but if I were to predict...

Poch to Real Madrid
Zidane to PSG
Paratici sacked along with Conte
Nagelsmann to us run the summer
DeZerbi to a top Italian job if he decides to leave

Let's see. It is silly season!

Poor galardo.

Also galtier is a good manager.

Last edited:

That’s my point, that the conclusions being drawn by people on here are not credible because they are based on articles telling one side of the story and pictures of oliver khan holding a beer.

The fact that people here are drawing these very firm and resolute conclusions based on such information baffles me.

Had the hierarchy at arsenal been different perhaps the board would have backed the luiz’s, willian’s and aubameyang’s, and arteta would have been dismissed as someone who clashed and lost the dressing room…. ;)

Ryan Mason? Ryan fudging Mason? fudging Ryan Mason .... for anytime no!

Talk about standards and expectations

It's only really Gutter Boy talking up Mason and he's had the horn for him since he played a few decent games ten years ago.

That said i wouldn't have a problem with him in a caretaker role till the summer if Conte isn't going to see out the season and we'd rather give the new man a fresh start in the summer.

I don’t buy the idea that Pochettino takes a job which doesn’t offer a permanent contract.

That’s my point, that the conclusions being drawn by people on here are not credible because they are based on articles telling one side of the story and pictures of oliver khan holding a beer.

He’s been sacked by his club despite them being in the CL QF, and in a position to win the league and a domestic cup.

That doesn’t strike you as odd?

Back