• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

[tweet]558747951661871104[/tweet]

Looks like his "source" could be either of these two:

sp14official on coys:

Heard today from the same source who updated me in June.
There is something to these Nike Rumours, although nothing is final.
UA not happy about this as you can imagine.

hughton on coys:

Next seasons kit
I run a football team wear business and had Hummel over today to discuss ongoing business. During the conversation Spurs came up and he said they had expressed an interest in becoming our new suppliers, but a deal has been agreed with Nike. Was agreed 3-4 months ago.
I do a lot of business with Nike but haven't heard anything from them to this extent. Has anyone else heard?
The guy I met today is UK manager for Hummel and would have a good knowledge of these things.
I thought we were tied for 5 years myself but he's a pretty clued in guy and his remit is to enhance the brand in the UK and land a Premier League club asap.
I'm hoping we do as I've a great relationship with Nike and I might be able to benefit from this!
I don't think Nike would buy into naming rights but a deal could be struck 2 years in advance. Unlikely but could happen.

Did we not have a long term deal with Under Armour? Unless our stadium becomes the Nike Arena or something (not complaining), would we compromise on a commercially-agreed contract to change kit suppliers?

I like under armour and would much rather we stayed with them instead of having an identi-kit with the same template as everyone else.
No one else has under armour either, so like the exclusivity.

I love nike kits and the added bonus of going nike is it means alot more outlets to buy Spurs wear. It seems you can only get Spurs training wear in the Spurs shop or online and seeing as I live near a designer outlet with a Nike shop this would be ideal.

I like under armour and would much rather we stayed with them instead of having an identi-kit with the same template as everyone else.

Yeah, ditto. They haven't done spectacularly wrong by us, by any means: they also generally go all out when it comes to promoting us stateside, given that we're the biggest football team they've currently got. I'd like to see the relationship continue, if possible.

Same here.

The training wear made by UA got my vote.

Totally agree.

Yay for getting a sweatshop company as a supplier/sponsor!

I really don't think we are suddenly worth so much to nike for them to give us enough money to ditch UA and also get a bad name in any area of business . Though Luka already cast doubt on Levys ability to keep a gentlemans agreement

Under Armour is massive this side of the Atlantic - if Levy is looking for state side exposure this is probably the best company to do it with. No one else is pimping UA

hughton on nike kit deal: For what it's worth we did agree/announce a deal with UA a good 18 months before the Puma one ran out.
You'd be fairly certain we were negotiating for a period prior to that as well. The info I received may well have been for the next contract as oppose to next season.

Well Man United annouced they were leaving Nike 1 year before the deal finished. But I just cannot see how we can be in negotiations with nearly two and half years to go on our UA deal. But the money that United got for their kit deal may have pushed the boundaries. Maybe something in the contract to stay within a certain level of the leading club? so UA dont want to match? so letting us negotiate a new deal? all just my pure speculation.

I've been thinking about some of the rumours flying around over the last year and have come up with my own tenuous link.

Nike becomes our next sponsor. (exclusive current NFL apparel sponsor)
Nike get the naming rights to the stadium.
NFL get's its new UK based team which will play it's games at our new stadium.
Recent rumours of new secret plans to increase stadium capacity by another 5k to around 61k total, which makes the stadium more attractive to the NFL.

All rumours at best, but not out of the realms of possibilty.

should have been a 3 + 2 type of deal whereby if Levy liked, they could continue, Remember at the time everyone moaned about it being 5 years. With there being a jump by UTD, it may be the rate for the final added two isn't viable/competitive.

I do like the PR work done by UA though, has that old fashioned... one on one feel with the fans which seemed missing from previous companies.

On thing I would say. Even when we was Puma we used to get a slightly difference kit from the normal templates. I know the one that Van Der Vaart started in was a template in the end by i think we had 1 year where it was exclusive to us. And then we had the one that was plain white. Seems levy does seem to sign deal that makes then step out of their identikit formats.

I really like UA. I always try to avoid brands that "everyone else" are using, and UA fits right in there. It's well known, but still feels more exclusive than Nike or Adidas. But hey, money talks!
If Nike comes knocking on the door with a huge load of dough, it would be stupid to say no. Welcome to Nike Hart Lane ;)

The single biggest issue with UA is that they have really not helped 'grow' the brand in the US. You cannot walk into any of the shops with UA contracts and buy our shirt or training gear. Nike and Adidas? You can. For an American company I personally think their American-based outreach has been really really average.

Nike would be amazing to have on board. They do very creative things with certain American teams - Seattle Seahawks, University of Oregon to name two. Spurs would be a similar kind of pet project for them as we'd be their only London club.

Getting Spurs players and gear into some of those creative ads Nike do with celebrity directors like Guy Ritchie or Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu would be a huge visibility booster.

Nike MegaLane. Has a ring to it, wot?

I'm happy with Nike. Big international brand who created that gorgeous France kit. Anything like that Nike and I'm sold.

Back