• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

I agree and hope we have decent alternative plans in place. If we'd signed him and JR and a CB I'd be feeling good about aa decent season. As it is we're two weeks away from season KO and we have barely strengthened. If these two are not going to happen Levy, Poch and Baldini need to get looking elsewhere, and quick. Sure the window is open until 1.9 but we could have thrown away some important points by then.

According to the bbc an"outline" agreement is in place for schneiderlin. Like GB and others have said I believe he will come eventually we have to be patient whilst Southampton play silly buggers.

considering how highly rated Schneiderlin seems to be by many on here, surely Utd, Chelski, Arsanal will be in for him. They all need a ball playing defensive mid of his supposed class
He's still a potential great, not an established one yet.

They're all in a position to spend on/attract more established players.

considering how highly rated Schneiderlin seems to be by many on here, surely Utd, Chelski, Arsanal will be in for him. They all need a ball playing defensive mid of his supposed class

Well, Arsenal were reportedly in for him. A couple of weeks back I was talking to an Arsenal fan that was fairly confident about them getting him. Him wanting to move to us over them because of Poch has been reported by some fairly trustworthy sources like Greg Stobart: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/21/4972869/tottenham-edge-ahead-of-arsenal-in-race-for-schneiderlin

That doesn't mean they definitely were in for him and he chose us, but at least it's a reasonable explanation.

As for United and Chelsea, I'm not so sure. United already signed Ander Herrera and are seemingly looking to sign Arturo Vidal. They also have Michael Carrick, someone I think van Gaal rates as he described it as a big blow when he picked up his injury. Chelsea have Matic, Fabregas, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar and van Ginkel for those central roles, I'm not so sure they need him or a player like him. If they actually needed a(nother) ball playing defensive mid I think Mourinho would move on one instead of saying that he's done in the transfer market.

It might be that Schneiderlin isn't good enough for United and Chelsea to think of him as an improvement on their current squads/targets, people could still be right to rate him very highly.

I agree and hope we have decent alternative plans in place. If we'd signed him and JR and a CB I'd be feeling good about aa decent season. As it is we're two weeks away from season KO and we have barely strengthened. If these two are not going to happen Levy, Poch and Baldini need to get looking elsewhere, and quick. Sure the window is open until 1.9 but we could have thrown away some important points by then.

It sounds as though we will get Schneiderlin eventually but that the Southampton board want to make it look as though they at least put up a fight this time. They also want to force Schneiderlin to make himself look like the baddie.

For the sake of a few extra weeks, I'd rather wait to get him than get someone inferior who Poch doesn't really want.

It sounds as though we will get Schneiderlin eventually but that the Southampton board want to make it look as though they at least put up a fight this time. They also want to force Schneiderlin to make himself look like the baddie.

For the sake of a few extra weeks, I'd rather wait to get him than get someone inferior who Poch doesn't really want.

I agree fully. Although I do agree with Cotswold that we should have alternative targets in place if we can't complete the deal we should wait for Schneiderlin.

I'm still hopeful that a deal can be completed soon-ish (within a week).

My worry is that we didn't plunder Southampton quickly and thoroughly enough. i have a feeling we won't get Schneiderlin. Southampton can only let so many players go, Koeman will use a mixture of carrot and stick, talk about all the signings Southampton are about to make etc etc.

I just hope we don't end up in a situation where Poch doesn't get the players he really wants and needs to put into practice his plans for the team.

I agree and hope we have decent alternative plans in place. If we'd signed him and JR and a CB I'd be feeling good about aa decent season. As it is we're two weeks away from season KO and we have barely strengthened. If these two are not going to happen Levy, Poch and Baldini need to get looking elsewhere, and quick. Sure the window is open until 1.9 but we could have thrown away some important points by then.[/QUOTE]

nah, we never do that :-"

There's nothing new there or any quotes. I'm guessing it's just the paper trying to reignite interest in the story.

Yep.

It's just a matter of waiting now. Pretty sure that Southampton will let him go once they've brought players in and once Schneiderlin has been made sufficiently to look like the baddie in all of this.

And I'm also pretty sure that when he leaves, it will be for Spurs. We're the only ones who have shown consistent interest in him - and that matters to a player. He wants to know that the manager really believes in him. Arsenal, meanwhile, have been wavering between Khedira, Schneiderlin, Carvalho and others. We also have the trump card in Pochettino - a manager from whom Schneiderlin learnt so much; under whom his game went to another level; and for whom he so obviously loves to play.

My worry is that we didn't plunder Southampton quickly and thoroughly enough.

Usually wait until deadline day. But I think this is more to do with the world cup. Schneiderlin was with France who got through to the quarters. But England and Croatia didn't make it out of the group meaning the players returned to their clubs earlier.

I don't think it will happen either. Although I would be happy selling Paulinho and spending whatever we get for him on MS. Think he's a player we've been crying out for.

Back