• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Morgan Schneiderlin

Either the chairman is talking the truth and he will not be allowed to leave or we will be priced out of the deal.

Ah. I see. It's just your opinion / predisposition towards pessimism. I thought you might have had some inside knowledge on the matter.

Some internet chatter that Chadli might be used as a makeweight in this deal. I guess some might be tempted to cash in on Chadli but I'd like to see what he could do under the new man.

Some internet chatter that Chadli might be used as a makeweight in this deal. I guess some might be tempted to cash in on Chadli but I'd like to see what he could do under the new man.

Would be a bit odd selling our only naturally left-side AM. We need to add an LWF, not lose our only one.

Throw in one of our RWFs like Townsend by any means

All our wide midfielders/forwards have frequently appeared on what's considered their "wrong" side. Some of them don't even have an obvious "correct" side IMO.

Townsend played LWF in both pre-season games...

Pre-season is just about fitness, I learnt long time ago not to read any more into it than that.

It's not ideal to end up on your non-inverted side in that formation. You are pretty much neutralising zero-assists Townsend.

Last edited:
So much for the papers and ITKs

There is no way they will sell after going to the papers and putting his neck on the block with such a dogmatic statement.

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger insists that the exodus is over

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/05/southampton-transfers-finished

Ralph Krueger describes it as a “turning point” and to many people outside of Southampton FC, it certainly felt like one. On Tuesday of last week, the club chairman announced that neither Morgan Schneiderlin nor Jay Rodriguez would be leaving St Mary’s. They would not be following the five players who have been sold during the transfer window at a cost of £92.5m. Krueger had pulled down the portcullis.

If any doubt lingered over his stance, particularly with regard to Schneiderlin, who is wanted by Tottenham Hotspur, Krueger stamped it out during his latest interview. “He [Schneiderlin] is not leaving for any money,” Krueger says.

Tottenham are believed to have infuriated Southampton with an offer of £10m for the France midfielder but Krueger said it is “not relevant any more”. Even if Tottenham were to threaten Schneiderlin’s market value, which Saints believe is roughly three times that figure, it would not matter, according to Krueger. Nor does he seem remotely worried about the possibility that he could end up eating his words, what with football and the transfer window being as they are.

Krueger does not do negatives. He even regards the receipt of angry fan mail as a positive. “These people took time to write me a letter to say that I’m a complete idiot,” he says, with a nod towards the outpouring of emotion that followed the sales of the five. “That’s OK. If you can get that passion in line with what you are doing – what an opportunity that is.”

Inside the club, there has been no panic and the turning point of which Krueger speaks relates more to external perception. He talks of “control” and his version of what has been a testing summer has had the club dispense, at premium prices, with a handful of players who no longer wanted to be there. He says that “you cannot begin a Premier League season with half of your starters disgruntled”.

“There have been no wild decisions, nothing has been out of control here,” Krueger says. “We have controlled every deal we have made. We feel comfortable. People from the outside have labelled it a crisis but we don’t see it as a crisis. A crisis would mean we are not in control.”

Schneiderlin, though, wanted to leave and he said so in a meeting last week with the director Les Reed and the chief executive, Gareth Rogers. Why should he be held while others have been sold? Why should his case be different?

Perhaps, it is because Schneiderlin is so central to the football and the formation that the new manager, Ronald Koeman, wants to play. Or, maybe, it is related to the difficulties in dealing with the Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, meaning that Schneiderlin has simply missed the boat that has left St Mary’s.

Krueger disputes the second point. Schneiderlin, he says, was never a part of the conversation about potential departures, as opposed to Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana, for instance. It has nothing to do with being the sixth to agitate for a move rather than first.

The bottom line is that Krueger is now looking forward, to what Southampton have and will get over the final weeks of the window and, also, to Schneiderlin’s psychological rehabilitation. He is said to have reapplied himself in training. He is, fundamentally, a decent bloke.

“These kind of circumstances are normal in a dressing-room,” Krueger says. “If a player isn’t first-choice for three weeks, you have an unhappy player. For me it is the same as any uncomfortable situation. It’s part of the game. We have contracts. We respect our side of contracts and players need to respect their side.”

I'm still pretty certain Schneiderlin will leave. It's posturing. He'll try and make the player look like the bad guy. This will go through before we play QPR.

I'm still pretty certain Schneiderlin will leave. It's posturing. He'll try and make the player look like the bad guy. This will go through before we play QPR.

I agree, its happened time and time again, with us twice, player not going anywhere blah blah blah, bang fee accepted goodnight...

this will be the deadline day blockbuster, SSN at Saints training ground, at Hotspur Way as well of course, Jim White orgasming at every sign of a deal going through......personally, i cannot wait :)

yeah, i dont think we will get him personally.

So like me, you've transitioned from thinking that he'll sign by the end of the week, to nope, it's not happening?

Seems like the road on the journey to sign him is definitely getting increasingly longer. It's disappointing, especially given how Southampton bent over for Liverpool but I guess that after we took Poch, we were always going to find negotiations with Liverpool difficult.

So like me, you've transitioned from thinking that he'll sign by the end of the week, to nope, it's not happening?

Seems like the road on the journey to sign him is definitely getting increasingly longer. It's disappointing, especially given how Southampton bent over for Liverpool but I guess that after we took Poch, we were always going to find negotiations with Liverpool difficult.

If we wrap up MM in the next day or two, MS will be the only piece of outstanding (incoming) business left to do.

That'll give us 3 weeks to focus on finding a creative solution - maybe throwing someone like Dembele (who used to play for Koeman) or Paulinho in as a makeweight.

It's not like Moutinho in '12 or Willian in '13 when we were juggling 2 or 3 other deals at the same time.

Back