• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Memphis Depay

So he's cup-tied now.

He will go to Man Utd in January/next summer and become a star and we'll sit here regretting not splashing out that little bit extra in 2014

Only cup tied for the qualifying rounds. Ok for the group stage.

I think if you play in the playoff round and your club goes through you'll be cup tied for the group stage.

Nope.

Article 18.07:

"As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage..."

Last edited:
Nope.

Article 18.07:

"As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage..."

Pretty sure that rule didn't have the playoff part at some point in the past, but it is stupid as the transfer window is still open.

Depay knocked two in against Willem II today. I've a feeling that we'll need to take a chance on this chap now or else we'll be looking ruefully at him playing for a bigger team next season.

Depay knocked two in against Willem II today. I've a feeling that we'll need to take a chance on this chap now or else we'll be looking ruefully at him playing for a bigger team next season.

This. He's got a nasty shot in him from long range. He can take on his man with technique, pace and strength and he just turned 20. His value will double/triple in a few years time.

Wont happen, we will um and arr, while another club will steal in and secure the deal

But it's still no use if LVG has just told him to sit tight for 12 months.

Those of you saying that we're missing out if we don't splash the cash on Depay how much have you seen of him?

None. I've just read from those whose opinions I respect far more than my own (or anyone else's here) as judges of a player that he's got the raw talent to be something really special.

But it's still no use if LVG has just told him to sit tight for 12 months.

Or if he thinks that another season in Holland is better for his development at this point and wants to be patient about a move to a bigger league.

None. I've just read from those whose opinions I respect far more than my own (or anyone else's here) as judges of a player that he's got the raw talent to be something really special.

Cool. Anyone in particular you respect that's spoken out about Depay?

Cool. Anyone in particular you respect that's spoken out about Depay?

He topped Ted Knutson's list of potential attacking midfielders - the same method that puts Schneiderlin at the top of potential deep-lying CMs.

I read something by Karlsen about him too a year or so ago but I can't find it anywhere. I'm finding the same problem we had the other day where I'm getting results for news sites that are linking both stories.

He topped Ted Knutson's list of potential attacking midfielders - the same method that puts Schneiderlin at the top of potential deep-lying CMs.

I read something by Karlsen about him too a year or so ago but I can't find it anywhere. I'm finding the same problem we had the other day where I'm getting results for news sites that are linking both stories.

Ok, cool. I'm still not quite convinced on Knutson's method to be honest, but haven't really looked into it either.

The later news stories being linked along with SEO bull**** is ruining the internets!

Ok, cool. I'm still not quite convinced on Knutson's method to be honest, but haven't really looked into it either.

The later news stories being linked along with SEO bull**** is ruining the internets!
Obviously we have to take TK's word for it that he hasn't cheated and set up his model to fit historical 'wins'.

If we do make that assumption, then a 60% hit rate on historical transfers of young potential is ridiculously high.

Back