• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

MEGA RANT time for Levy & Co to go

Lewis was born to a Jewish family above a public house in Roman Road, Bow, London. Lewis left school at 15 to help run his father's West End of London catering business Tavistock Banqueting, starting out as a waiter. When he took the reins, he quickly expanded it by selling luxury goods to American tourists, and also owned West End club the Hanover Grand, where he gave Robert Earl his first job. He later sold the business in 1979 to make his initial wealth.

Might explain the Olympic Stadium bid :-k

Allthough he is very rich..he does not compare with the likes of Ambramovitch and the Emirates Marketing Project sheik..whoever he is..apparently **** have a
mega rich Russian waiting in the wings IIRC??..rumour has it hes just bought the Crimea

I don't want a billionaire owner who will buy us the league, nor do I want some faceless US family or sports tycoon owner.

I like the fact that for all their faults, our current owners are who Tottenham owners often have been, entrepreneurs from the local s.east jewish community.

I think this sense of entitlement currently doing the rounds amongst fans just because we qualified for the CL ONCE is frankly disheartening, even more so than losing 4-0 to Chelsea with barely a whimper.

I like the fact that the club is growing slowly, but surely under Lewis & Levy, the training centre is stunning and the stadium is next. We've got an impressive array of talent in the squad and our youth teams are producing some very promising talents that are actually finding their way into the first team.

People like you want everything NOW NOW NOW, its pathetic. A decade ago, we'd be lucky to finish top half and signing Freddie Kanoute from a relegated West Ham was our big summer signing.

Now if we don't sign Falcao and Messi and don't finish top 4 we're all doomed and the club is rotten to the core. Absolutely pathetic.

Fantastic post Sir my sentiments exactly.

Allthough he is very rich..he does not compare with the likes of Ambramovitch and the Emirates Marketing Project sheik..whoever he is..apparently **** have a
mega rich Russian waiting in the wings IIRC??..rumour has it hes just bought the Crimea

Uzmanov wants to spend big at ****, but the rest of the board don't. Kroenke is the majority shareholder I think.

Uzmanov wants to spend big at ****, but the rest of the board don't. Kroenke is the majority shareholder I think.

They can rely on him in the future then..or if they change their board have a change of mind...were well continue to be left behind the **** then ..for years...

Its allright saying we can make our own money to survive...but just look at the way the game is going...Its getting richer and richer...so sad...well be left
behing in time ..while the mega rich clubs speed on.................

I don't want a billionaire owner who will buy us the league, nor do I want some faceless US family or sports tycoon owner.

I like the fact that for all their faults, our current owners are who Tottenham owners often have been, entrepreneurs from the local s.east jewish community.

I think this sense of entitlement currently doing the rounds amongst fans just because we qualified for the CL ONCE is frankly disheartening, even more so than losing 4-0 to Chelsea with barely a whimper.

I like the fact that the club is growing slowly, but surely under Lewis & Levy, the training centre is stunning and the stadium is next. We've got an impressive array of talent in the squad and our youth teams are producing some very promising talents that are actually finding their way into the first team.

People like you want everything NOW NOW NOW, its pathetic. A decade ago, we'd be lucky to finish top half and signing Freddie Kanoute from a relegated West Ham was our big summer signing.

Now if we don't sign Falcao and Messi and don't finish top 4 we're all doomed and the club is rotten to the core. Absolutely pathetic.

Agree fully

DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE

1 THE THING I LOVE ABOUT SPURS IS WE DONT HAVE (UNTIL MAYBE THIS SEASON) MERCENARIES, WE DONT BUY THE TITLE!!! We make players famous rather than buying players already famous - this is why we are much more attached to our team/players than City fans are to theirs. If we had a bunch of Agueros and Robinhos on 700k an hour in a Spurs shirt and won the league I wouldnt feel rewarded at all. Do you think Aguero loves City or does he love the paycheque?? Or maybe we should sign more Robinhos who get the name of their club wrong at news conferences.

2 While money is important it is only 1 way of winning. There is another way.
This way is called stability, foundation, principles and direction. We need to find a manager - give him a 5 year contract and let him do his thing all the while getting rid of DOF.

WHO ARE THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD??? ANSWER - BARCA AND BAYERN.
How much do they spend compared to City and Madrid??? Exactly!! How much did Messi, Pedro, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta cost? How much did Muller, Schweinsteiger and Alaba cost?

Money is a solution, yes. But for those who dont have it then foundation is the answer.

We can either get LVG, FDB, even TS and give a 5 year contract and see success in about 3 years or change manager every year and wait 100 years.

Levy is the cause of all this yes, but not due to his decisions not his money

P.S
What did Madrid achieve with their Galacticos??? Nothing. They look better now they have realised stability is the answer and now player like Modric (who under a previous era wouldn't be given a second season) is now considered by many to be the player of the moment and fans now petition him to be given the number 10 shirt.
Compare that to previous regimes where they had VDV and Sneidjer!!!!! which achieved nothing at MAdrid but proved elsewhere they were the best of their ilk.

We have GREAT players they are just underperforming. You sound as naive as Madrid fans who voted Modric the worst signing of the season

Money and impatience is killing football not making football. If you want instant success go support a different team on cloud 9 or download Football Manager on your ipad and you can win the League Champions League double with Spurs in your 2nd season in charge.

Love the Mills & boon thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30RX1yi2V9c

They can rely on him in the future then..or if they change their board have a change of mind...were well continue to be left behind the **** then ..for years...

Its allright saying we can make our own money to survive...but just look at the way the game is going...Its getting richer and richer...so sad...well be left
behing in time ..while the mega rich clubs speed on.................

I hope they do speed on and split away from the PL with all the other mega rich clubs and form their own little mega rich league where no-one can join but other mega rich ****s. It will soon become as mega boring as the CL is becoming.

You just know it wouldn't work out if someone took over the club, we'd end up like Pompey, good things rarely happen to Spurs.

I agree with Indianspur, just hurry the **** up already, get the stadium built or at least start building it and go from there.

I think the ultimate plan would be to fcuk of Lewis and bring in an owner that would leap us 10 years.. in other words, no cost of the stadium hanging around our necks. I'd even suggest to pay Levy double to remain, although its my opinion there are just as savvy individuals out there in the business world.

Secondly, those crunching the numbers should not be near the footballing side. For me, this above everything is our main failing. I honestly think Levy has too much say in this department.

Contrary to what many probably think I also do not want an owner that spends 250m in a summer window. I want an owner that understands that you do things when you say you will do them.. stop fannying around milking every last penny out of the situation.. (I am sure there is a bad Bernard Manning joke there somewhere), and also do not take the **** by buying the bonds and milking us for the 4% or whatever is put ontop. Buy the bonds with zero percent is what the owner should be doing. I would say that Enic have already made a 300% profit at the least on us already. I hope one of the major papers does a story or follows closely on who is going to be buying these bonds.

I believe Levy & Co have done a great job with Spurs since they took over, but I also think they need to sell up because I don’t believe they have the investment to take us any further. When Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003 football changed, it was already changing to only the big clubs won trophies but Roman took it to another level with the millions and millions he put into Chelsea, it was almost guaranteeing success.

So I have looked at the winners of the league, fa and league cup since Roman took over Chelsea.

(Not counting this season)

Premier League Winners
Man U x6
Chelsea x3
Arsenal x1
City x1

FA Cup Winners
Chelsea x4
Man U x1
Arsenal x1
Liverpool x1
City x1
Portsmouth x1
Wigan x1

League Cup
Man U x 3
Chelsea x2
Liverpool x2
Middlesbrough x1
Spurs x1
Birmingham x1
Swansea x1

Out of a possible 33 trophy’s 21 went to team with huge net spends

This proves that spending money almost guarantees success and this is where we come short our net spend over the last 5 seasons leaves us 17th out of all the teams in the prem league currently.

17 Tottenham £310,900,000 £307,050,000 £3,850,000 £770,000

You could argue that you need to build a team slowly over time and this will bring you success, the best example that this model which no longer works (in my opinion) is Arsenal. Since the oil men have come into football we all know how Arsenals trophy quest has gone.

To put it into perspective below are the percentages of us winning a domestic trophy;

Premier league 9% (Used Arsenal as a team who didn’t spend mega money, so that’s gives me 1year out of 11)
FA Cup 18%
League 36%

All this goes to show Levy & Co have to go, I don’t want the odd Cup I want success long term and I don’t think we will ever get it with the current owners.

Even if Sheikh Mansour mk II rocked up to WHL, we would still find a way to Spurs it up.

Even if Sheikh Mansour mk II rocked up to WHL, we would still find a way to Spurs it up.

:lol: with all that we've said about the Russian getting bored of his toy it'd be OUR sugar daddy who said nah **** it I want all my money back and I'm selling the new stadium to the council too...

I think that there is just a power struggle between them and they will say whatever the fans want to hear to win support.

Go back 12-18 months and most on here were praising the fact our club is doing it the right way and not selling the clubs soul to some oil tycoon, just because it feels like the clubs in a bit of a mess this season I wouldn't want to sell out. All we need is that bloody stadium to be built and the club under ENIC can hopefully take it to the next level with the extra revenue.

It would be typical of us to replace Levy with an oil baron who can't spend **** due to FFP wouldn't it? Just like winning the EL before it gives a CL place next year as the prize. Cursed I tell ya, cursed!

Modern fan, my club is not winning everything, so we need to play the win the lottery card ... sad .. Probably same fans who complain about merchandise and ticket prices.

Are people aware that the last 7-10 years have actually been one of Spur's more consistent runs in top flight results?

Our income says we should be 6th in the PL.

I don't want my club stained with money from extremely questionable sources (Arab/Russian money being some of the worse examples, blood money), and I honestly don't see a owner/chairman model in the PL that I would say "that's the person I would like in charge of my club"

Modern fan, my club is not winning everything, so we need to play the win the lottery card ... sad .. Probably same fans who complain about merchandise and ticket prices.

Are people aware that the last 7-10 years have actually been one of Spur's more consistent runs in top flight results?

Our income says we should be 6th in the PL.

I don't want my club stained with money from extremely questionable sources (Arab/Russian money being some of the worse examples, blood money), and I honestly don't see a owner/chairman model in the PL that I would say "that's the person I would like in charge of my club"

=D>

Back