• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

MEGA RANT time for Levy & Co to go

ALtottenham_hotspur

Jamie Redknapp
I believe Levy & Co have done a great job with Spurs since they took over, but I also think they need to sell up because I don’t believe they have the investment to take us any further. When Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003 football changed, it was already changing to only the big clubs won trophies but Roman took it to another level with the millions and millions he put into Chelsea, it was almost guaranteeing success.

So I have looked at the winners of the league, fa and league cup since Roman took over Chelsea.

(Not counting this season)

Premier League Winners
Man U x6
Chelsea x3
Arsenal x1
City x1

FA Cup Winners
Chelsea x4
Man U x1
Arsenal x1
Liverpool x1
City x1
Portsmouth x1
Wigan x1

League Cup
Man U x 3
Chelsea x2
Liverpool x2
Middlesbrough x1
Spurs x1
Birmingham x1
Swansea x1

Out of a possible 33 trophy’s 21 went to team with huge net spends

This proves that spending money almost guarantees success and this is where we come short our net spend over the last 5 seasons leaves us 17th out of all the teams in the prem league currently.

17 Tottenham £310,900,000 £307,050,000 £3,850,000 £770,000

You could argue that you need to build a team slowly over time and this will bring you success, the best example that this model which no longer works (in my opinion) is Arsenal. Since the oil men have come into football we all know how Arsenals trophy quest has gone.

To put it into perspective below are the percentages of us winning a domestic trophy;

Premier league 9% (Used Arsenal as a team who didn’t spend mega money, so that’s gives me 1year out of 11)
FA Cup 18%
League 36%

All this goes to show Levy & Co have to go, I don’t want the odd Cup I want success long term and I don’t think we will ever get it with the current owners.

i dont know if we will find someone willing to invest Sheikh style sums in order to bring success to Spurs. I would simply be happy for our current billionaire owner to pay for the new stadium. The rest will take care of itself.

useless rant.

its now a private company owned by enic. he doesn't need you to tell him to go . just cough up the cash and buy it over from him.

the other way - don't pay for season tickets, buy jerseys from Thailand street markets !

No sheikh or billionaire will buy this club until either we are consistently in the champs league or we have a big stadium that earns a serious match day revenue. IMO that's why no one has bought Everton. Careful what you wish for levy has done a lot for our club while keeping it secure financially. Just look at the owners you could have won, Vincent Tam anyone? Or the Venkys, the bloke at Hull, even Randy Lerner.

Last edited:
No sheikh or billionaire will buy this club until either we are consistently in the champs league or we have a big stadium that earns a serious match day revenue. IMO that's why no one has bought Everton

How do you explain City then?

We're in London mate, they may have a bigger stadium but still a lower matchday income.

But with a capacity to earn a lot more and they have capacity to make it bigger I presume for less than it will cost to extend ours.

City reportedly cost £200 million back then. Spurs would easily have cost twice as much. You get a lot of players for that kind of money. Everton and Villa would be better buys as well if you want bang for your buck. I think our best chance would be some American conglomerate like AEG or MLSE.

DISAGREE DISAGREE DISAGREE

1 THE THING I LOVE ABOUT SPURS IS WE DONT HAVE (UNTIL MAYBE THIS SEASON) MERCENARIES, WE DONT BUY THE TITLE!!! We make players famous rather than buying players already famous - this is why we are much more attached to our team/players than City fans are to theirs. If we had a bunch of Agueros and Robinhos on 700k an hour in a Spurs shirt and won the league I wouldnt feel rewarded at all. Do you think Aguero loves City or does he love the paycheque?? Or maybe we should sign more Robinhos who get the name of their club wrong at news conferences.

2 While money is important it is only 1 way of winning. There is another way.
This way is called stability, foundation, principles and direction. We need to find a manager - give him a 5 year contract and let him do his thing all the while getting rid of DOF.

WHO ARE THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD??? ANSWER - BARCA AND BAYERN.
How much do they spend compared to City and Madrid??? Exactly!! How much did Messi, Pedro, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta cost? How much did Muller, Schweinsteiger and Alaba cost?

Money is a solution, yes. But for those who dont have it then foundation is the answer.

We can either get LVG, FDB, even TS and give a 5 year contract and see success in about 3 years or change manager every year and wait 100 years.

Levy is the cause of all this yes, but not due to his decisions not his money

P.S
What did Madrid achieve with their Galacticos??? Nothing. They look better now they have realised stability is the answer and now player like Modric (who under a previous era wouldn't be given a second season) is now considered by many to be the player of the moment and fans now petition him to be given the number 10 shirt.
Compare that to previous regimes where they had VDV and Sneidjer!!!!! which achieved nothing at MAdrid but proved elsewhere they were the best of their ilk.

We have GREAT players they are just underperforming. You sound as naive as Madrid fans who voted Modric the worst signing of the season

Money and impatience is killing football not making football. If you want instant success go support a different team on cloud 9 or download Football Manager on your ipad and you can win the League Champions League double with Spurs in your 2nd season in charge.

Last edited:
OP: Just to be clear, you're asking for Levy to be replaced by a big spending money man like Abramovich? You're not saying you just think we'd be better off without Levy. I think particularly your headline could have been clearer if this is what you're asking. Has been done before, but I think a poll is probably a good idea for a topic like this, if I'm reading your post correctly.

No sheikh or billionaire will buy this club until either we are consistently in the champs league or we have a big stadium that earns a serious match day revenue. IMO that's why no one has bought Everton. Careful what you wish for levy has done a lot for our club while keeping it secure financially. Just look at the owners you could have won, Vincent Tam anyone? Or the Venkys, the bloke at Hull, even Randy Lerner.

Agree fully about careful what you wish for. The average PL owner/cairman is so far behind Levy it's like it's not even the same sport.

I also more or less agree on the billionaire point, these takeovers haven't been happening in the PL after Mansour.

How do you explain City then?

The fact is that after Mansour that's City and Chelsea with vast amounts of money and settled squads. In addition to United that's 3 financial power houses in the league. Arsenal aren't that far behind and Liverpool are fairly close too. With ourselves and Everton also looking for the top 4 spots the competition is fierce. To establish a PL side as a regular CL participant and title contender would take a massive investment - possibly even larger than what Mansour has put into City. That's why I think the rich owners have been looking elsewhere with their big money injection takeovers in recent years, other leagues aren't nearly as competitive and regular CL football is available much cheaper. From there it's easier to grow and the overall project much more doable than in the PL.

Is the "I'm a ****ed off football fan and I feel entitled to having a billionaire owner to pump money into my club" thread?

Its as fans we've gone from the ridiculous "why cant we have a top striker like everyone else" bull**** to the even worse "why cant we have a zillionarie owner like everyone else". You get what you've given and you have to make the best of what you have in life. You can't just whine about not winning the lottery every week.

Although I disagree with the majority of the OP, I appreciate the time put in to structure the point.

City reportedly cost £200 million back then. Spurs would easily have cost twice as much. You get a lot of players for that kind of money. Everton and Villa would be better buys as well if you want bang for your buck. I think our best chance would be some American conglomerate like AEG or MLSE.

I strongly feel that the American way is not for me whatsoever. Both United and Liverpool were bought for a fee which was then offset by the company then borrowing said fee against the club name. I understand that this is a tried and tested formula with other sporting bodies such as American Football and Baseball clubs but I feel that it is far too risky a strategy to employ.

I tend to lean to the side of getting our stadium sorted and then seeing whether the strategy then is to push on with further investment in the playing squad or to sell the club as a far more attractive proposition and then for new owners to invest.

I don't want a billionaire owner who will buy us the league, nor do I want some faceless US family or sports tycoon owner.

I like the fact that for all their faults, our current owners are who Tottenham owners often have been, entrepreneurs from the local s.east jewish community.

I think this sense of entitlement currently doing the rounds amongst fans just because we qualified for the CL ONCE is frankly disheartening, even more so than losing 4-0 to Chelsea with barely a whimper.

I like the fact that the club is growing slowly, but surely under Lewis & Levy, the training centre is stunning and the stadium is next. We've got an impressive array of talent in the squad and our youth teams are producing some very promising talents that are actually finding their way into the first team.

People like you want everything NOW NOW NOW, its pathetic. A decade ago, we'd be lucky to finish top half and signing Freddie Kanoute from a relegated West Ham was our big summer signing.

Now if we don't sign Falcao and Messi and don't finish top 4 we're all doomed and the club is rotten to the core. Absolutely pathetic.

i'm all for it, i think ENIC have done a good job (a very good job) but whats the point in being where we are now?

I don't want a billionaire owner who will buy us the league, nor do I want some faceless US family or sports tycoon owner.

I like the fact that for all their faults, our current owners are who Tottenham owners often have been, entrepreneurs from the local s.east jewish community.

I think this sense of entitlement currently doing the rounds amongst fans just because we qualified for the CL ONCE is frankly disheartening, even more so than losing 4-0 to Chelsea with barely a whimper.

I like the fact that the club is growing slowly, but surely under Lewis & Levy, the training centre is stunning and the stadium is next. We've got an impressive array of talent in the squad and our youth teams are producing some very promising talents that are actually finding their way into the first team.

People like you want everything NOW NOW NOW, its pathetic. A decade ago, we'd be lucky to finish top half and signing Freddie Kanoute from a relegated West Ham was our big summer signing.

Now if we don't sign Falcao and Messi and don't finish top 4 we're all doomed and the club is rotten to the core. Absolutely pathetic.

I agree with most of that strongly but the bit where you say people like you want it now now now is just a generalisation and probably inaccurate. I can fully understand why people would think that we've been in a strong position as a club to make the next step with a couple of signings (guaranteed first team starters not squad players or future talents). Unfortunately we've also had pretty much every summer with a transfer saga of our own to contend with, whether that be bale (two years running), modric (again two years running), berbatov, keane etc etc... We aren't at the level of man United where we can sell our best players or even first team regulars and then push on anyway with the existing squad.

i dont know if we will find someone willing to invest Sheikh style sums in order to bring success to Spurs. I would simply be happy for our current billionaire owner to pay for the new stadium. The rest will take care of itself.

current billionaire..LOL..his billions will stay firmly in his pocket..I think his link with Spurs is just so he can sit with his mates in the west stand.

He'l only invest for return profit...I wouldn.t think he is not that bothered or desperate for the club to win things
I might be wrong..Does anyone have any idea what Lewis,s loyalty is to the club...apart from owning shares etc...

when ENIC took over the idea was sound, thats how you run a successful football club, you balance the books and maximise revenue to invest in the team, that was a factor in United becoming United, but its changed now, the rules are different, you finish where you spend, its like F1 (when it was good), its an arms race

Is the "I'm a ****ed off football fan and I feel entitled to having a billionaire owner to pump money into my club" thread?

Its as fans we've gone from the ridiculous "why cant we have a top striker like everyone else" bull**** to the even worse "why cant we have a zillionarie owner like everyone else". You get what you've given and you have to make the best of what you have in life. You can't just whine about not winning the lottery every week.

agreed ...but we hav,nt won it for 41 years.............

current billionaire..LOL..his billions will stay firmly in his pocket..I think his link with Spurs is just so he can sit with his mates in the west stand.

He'l only invest for return profit...I wouldn.t think he is not that bothered or desperate for the club to win things
I might be wrong..Does anyone have any idea what Lewis,s loyalty is to the club...apart from owning shares etc...

Lewis was born to a Jewish family above a public house in Roman Road, Bow, London. Lewis left school at 15 to help run his father's West End of London catering business Tavistock Banqueting, starting out as a waiter. When he took the reins, he quickly expanded it by selling luxury goods to American tourists, and also owned West End club the Hanover Grand, where he gave Robert Earl his first job. He later sold the business in 1979 to make his initial wealth.

Might explain the Olympic Stadium bid :-k

Back