• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

MEGA RANT time for Levy & Co to go

I don't want a billionaire owner who will buy us the league, nor do I want some faceless US family or sports tycoon owner.

I like the fact that for all their faults, our current owners are who Tottenham owners often have been, entrepreneurs from the local s.east jewish community.

I think this sense of entitlement currently doing the rounds amongst fans just because we qualified for the CL ONCE is frankly disheartening, even more so than losing 4-0 to Chelsea with barely a whimper.

I like the fact that the club is growing slowly, but surely under Lewis & Levy, the training centre is stunning and the stadium is next. We've got an impressive array of talent in the squad and our youth teams are producing some very promising talents that are actually finding their way into the first team.

People like you want everything NOW NOW NOW, its pathetic. A decade ago, we'd be lucky to finish top half and signing Freddie Kanoute from a relegated West Ham was our big summer signing.

Now if we don't sign Falcao and Messi and don't finish top 4 we're all doomed and the club is rotten to the core. Absolutely pathetic.

Look I could say your argument is pathetic and that your living in a dreamland, but I wont because thats your opinion.

I was simply stating my opinion and I stand by it. If football continues as it is now (I dont see any change with FFP, because it seems useless at the moment teams are finding ways around it) if Spurs dont get taken over Spurs by a billionaire I truly believe we will never win the league under Levy & Co.

Levy has done a great job in getting us to were we are now, my first line is praising him for the job they have done. But I dont think they can take the club any further the goal posts have moved since the oil men came into football.

NWND would you be happy if Spurs were in the same position as Arsenal? Top 4 every year, bringing through youngsters but never getting close to winning a trophy or the league?

I wouldnt be happy with that, I'm not interested in just qualifying for the champs league every season I want us to win the champs league and and league titles

Modern fan, my club is not winning everything, so we need to play the win the lottery card ... sad .. Probably same fans who complain about merchandise and ticket prices.

Are people aware that the last 7-10 years have actually been one of Spur's more consistent runs in top flight results?

Our income says we should be 6th in the PL.

I don't want my club stained with money from extremely questionable sources (Arab/Russian money being some of the worse examples, blood money), and I honestly don't see a owner/chairman model in the PL that I would say "that's the person I would like in charge of my club"

been a fan since the 80's but I consider myself a modern fan, my issue with the ticket prices is that I think we should be charging more

as you say you finish where you spend so the more we have to spend the better

Look I could say your argument is pathetic and that your living in a dreamland, but I wont because thats your opinion.

I was simply stating my opinion and I stand by it. If football continues as it is now (I dont see any change with FFP, because it seems useless at the moment teams are finding ways around it) if Spurs dont get taken over Spurs by a billionaire I truly believe we will never win the league under Levy & Co.

Levy has done a great job in getting us to were we are now, my first line is praising him for the job they have done. But I dont think they can take the club any further the goal posts have moved since the oil men came into football.

NWND would you be happy if Spurs were in the same position as Arsenal? Top 4 every year, bringing through youngsters but never getting close to winning a trophy or the league?

I wouldnt be happy with that, I'm not interested in just qualifying for the champs league every season I want us to win the champs league and and league titles

Not trying to be an ass mate, and please don't take it personal (because it's not meant that way), but your view comes across as a little naïve/childish, but a few thoughts

Human nature = we will never be truly satisfied
There are hundreds of professional football clubs, most fans (not the ones who just pick the current winning team) will go decades if not lifetimes with nothing more than the occasional "almost"
For sanity, it's best to focus on the upside, our CL run, having seen Berbatov/Modric/Bale/VDV at their best at the lane, the fact that we aren't in debt, worried about relegation, etc.

Always aspire to more does not mean throw the toys about the pram when you don't get it.

If you truly follow Spurs, get accustomed to some of the lows, because quite honestly, the last 10 years has been good (go look at the 10 previous)

been a fan since the 80's but I consider myself a modern fan, my issue with the ticket prices is that I think we should be charging more

as you say you finish where you spend so the more we have to spend the better

Only if you don't care where the money comes from.

I try to be honest with myself, do I want a lottery win type club = no, would I stop following Spurs if some Billionaire turned up and bought a new stadium, ton of new WC players? = **** no

I think people have massively unrealistic expectations/dreams of what Spurs can/will achieve and instead of actually enjoying the fact that we have had a good run (overall) in the last few years, they make themselves miserable with the almosts ...

Look, I also would not turn my nose up at a billion, however do you really think we would be allowed in the CL? You can bet your skull cap that it would be us being made the example of under FFP.

We are being left behind IMV, any decent players will get snapped up before we can get a look in beyond scouting them. If we do find any gems or manage to obtain a sort after player, then bigger fish will simply take them off us and the cycle continues. Unless we uncover 2 x bales and they come of age at the same time we might be in with a shout.

I don't see an oil rich owner as a sell out, it would be a more level playing field as we can then compete and get a new stadium and look at a sustainable model in the elite league of clubs. Any other means of doing this I am also for, but what are they...

Ok, well please don't take this the wrong way as I'm not saying you're not a proper Spurs fan or questioning your support of the club, but i think you're supporting the wrong club.

We haven't won the league since 1961. To put that into context, I think my dad was a toddler at the time.

We've certainly threatened the top clubs at times, but even some of the best teams of the past fell short of a league title. People talk about the 87 team with Hoddle, Waddle etc, but it fell short of the league. The Gazza and Linker team also fell short.

Spurs have pretty much exclusively since '61 been a "cup side" that similarly to Wenger's recent years at Arsenal, would sacrifice 'grinding a 1-0 win away to Stoke' for a belief in always attempting to play "the right way". We accepted players like Ginola, who were branded as mavericks elsewhere. You ask Man U fans about Berbatov. They say he's lazy, streaky, they don't like him. We idolise him as a GHod, because when he's hot, the guy can play like few others.

The DNA of our club is that the joy of football is daring to go out and try to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom. We go out to play and if we lose, we lose.

Through the years of poor poor teams and failures and shooting ourselves in the foot, the sweet moments, like the league cup wins in 1999 and 2009 seem all the sweeter, nights like beating City 1-0 away to qualify for the CL and the 'taxi for Maicon' night are all the sweeter.

I think while its all a glorious ride for them just now, Emirates Marketing Project fans will soon grow a bit complacent and bored. Like Man U fans, does a title win feel sweet when its almost the bare minimum expectation? Any year Man U DON'T win the title must feel like a let-down to them.

Like the poster above says, would I stop supporting spurs if a billionaire owner came in and bought loads of players? No, of course not, but its not something I actually want to happen.

I'd rather we continue to grow as that is what we are doing, against all odds. ENIC haven't taken us as far as they can, although I do believe we are pretty close to our ceiling. I don't mind having a ceiling though. What is being a football fan mean to you? Do you think a fan of Bradford (where I live) City's support is worthless? I can't tell you what last year's success meant to Bradford fans. THey did that against all odds, with no backing from anyone and it felt so sweet to them. But now what? THeir ceiling is even lower?

You're suggesting that any club's worth is measured in how much money their chairman can put on the table and that to be placated as a football fan you must have a constant procession of trophies and league titles....I think that's kind of disheartening.

No rich owner would ever buy Spurs. We're to financially secure and therefore worth too much in comparison to other clubs. Roman got Chelsea on the cheap because they were in a financial mess. Same with Mansour and City.

Then there's the fact they'd have to negotiate with Levy...

Not trying to be an ass mate, and please don't take it personal (because it's not meant that way), but your view comes across as a little naïve/childish, but a few thoughts

Human nature = we will never be truly satisfied
There are hundreds of professional football clubs, most fans (not the ones who just pick the current winning team) will go decades if not lifetimes with nothing more than the occasional "almost"
For sanity, it's best to focus on the upside, our CL run, having seen Berbatov/Modric/Bale/VDV at their best at the lane, the fact that we aren't in debt, worried about relegation, etc.

Always aspire to more does not mean throw the toys about the pram when you don't get it.

If you truly follow Spurs, get accustomed to some of the lows, because quite honestly, the last 10 years has been good (go look at the 10 previous)

Having supported Spurs since the '70s I have to agree, I've been through highs and lows with the team I love and we are at our highest point I can remember. I don't subscribe to the one season knee jerk system, it doesn't and never will work, there's too many "we want it all and we want it now" fans out there and I afraid to disappoint you all it doesn't work that way. Even if we get the "sugar daddy billionaire" owner it is no guarantee of success. Saying Levy & Co must go is like saying sell all the players and start from scratch, we've been doing that for too long and it hasn't worked, dumping one set of owners for another won't change a thing.

Even if Sheikh Mansour mk II rocked up to WHL, we would still find a way to Spurs it up.

ive always considered Emirates Marketing Project to be the Spurs of Manchester......had great sides in the past, but were and are somehow alwys in the shadow of their nearest neighbours. Both City and Spurs have always found ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Even now, with all their wealth, City are underachieving :lol: its just unbelievable. They should have cantered to the title last season, they lost to Wigan in the FA cup final, this season they have lost at home to Wigan in the FA cup, it looks like the league has slipped away and Chelsea will somehow pip them to the title. A league cup triumph is all they will have to show for all their money and fantastic football this season?????? this is so City, its so like what would happen to Spurs. Both clubs simply find all the possible ways to fcuk it up=D>

Good read, I also thought Bill Gates when I was typing my post earlier but didn't put it, imagine that lol.

All you fans ranting on about getting the stadium built, you do realise we cannot do anything until we have secured a CPO to purchase the last remaining properties on the land we intend to build on?

We're given to understand a decision is due 'shortly' - supposedly by the end of March, but I wouldn't hold your breath, they didn't say which year. 8-[

Ok, well please don't take this the wrong way as I'm not saying you're not a proper Spurs fan or questioning your support of the club, but i think you're supporting the wrong club.

We haven't won the league since 1961. To put that into context, I think my dad was a toddler at the time.

We've certainly threatened the top clubs at times, but even some of the best teams of the past fell short of a league title. People talk about the 87 team with Hoddle, Waddle etc, but it fell short of the league. The Gazza and Linker team also fell short.

Spurs have pretty much exclusively since '61 been a "cup side" that similarly to Wenger's recent years at Arsenal, would sacrifice 'grinding a 1-0 win away to Stoke' for a belief in always attempting to play "the right way". We accepted players like Ginola, who were branded as mavericks elsewhere. You ask Man U fans about Berbatov. They say he's lazy, streaky, they don't like him. We idolise him as a GHod, because when he's hot, the guy can play like few others.

The DNA of our club is that the joy of football is daring to go out and try to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom. We go out to play and if we lose, we lose.

Through the years of poor poor teams and failures and shooting ourselves in the foot, the sweet moments, like the league cup wins in 1999 and 2009 seem all the sweeter, nights like beating City 1-0 away to qualify for the CL and the 'taxi for Maicon' night are all the sweeter.

I think while its all a glorious ride for them just now, Emirates Marketing Project fans will soon grow a bit complacent and bored. Like Man U fans, does a title win feel sweet when its almost the bare minimum expectation? Any year Man U DON'T win the title must feel like a let-down to them.

Like the poster above says, would I stop supporting spurs if a billionaire owner came in and bought loads of players? No, of course not, but its not something I actually want to happen.

I'd rather we continue to grow as that is what we are doing, against all odds. ENIC haven't taken us as far as they can, although I do believe we are pretty close to our ceiling. I don't mind having a ceiling though. What is being a football fan mean to you? Do you think a fan of Bradford (where I live) City's support is worthless? I can't tell you what last year's success meant to Bradford fans. THey did that against all odds, with no backing from anyone and it felt so sweet to them. But now what? THeir ceiling is even lower?

You're suggesting that any club's worth is measured in how much money their chairman can put on the table and that to be placated as a football fan you must have a constant procession of trophies and league titles....I think that's kind of disheartening.

I think you make some great points and I take my hat off to you that you want success the correct way. I agree hand on heart I would prefer if Spurs won the league without a Billionaire owner but then chances of that are incredible low and get lower with every new billionaire owner that comes into the Premier League.

On your point about Bradford, I have two Sheffield Wednesday fans they have said they would almost prefer to stay in the championship, as they just wouldn't be able to compete in the premier league without huge investment. I have often said to them I would almost prefer to support a side in the championship or league 1 because being so close to becoming a big big club like we are is worse then being a nothing club if you like.

I have been a Spurs fan all my life I'm 31 now, my time at high school living in the north west was a nightmare we were dog turd while Liverpool and Man U fans were enjoying picking up trophys every season, maybe its case of where I live? I feel we have to win because my other mates support clubs who win. What I really think it is were so close and need that final push to become a regular top 4 club and I again I dont see it happening under Levy

I have been a Spurs fan all my life I'm 31 now, my time at high school living in the north west was a nightmare we were dog turd while Liverpool and Man U fans were enjoying picking up trophys every season, maybe its case of where I live? I feel we have to win because my other mates support clubs who win. What I really think it is were so close and need that final push to become a regular top 4 club and I again I dont see it happening under Levy

I think the issue is, we aren't

- 5 clubs consistently spend a minimum of 35-100M in wages more than us per annum
- The PL is/has/will become a set of tiers
- bottom 12 -> dross, singular goal of survival each season
- Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Everton/one other flavor of season -> goal is really to stay where they are, qualify for Europe when cups allow low enough places
- Us
- Pool/Scum -> Big spending on wages, occasional big purchases, enough to threaten, but never really win
- City/Cheat$ki/United -> massive wages, big purchases

Can see United falling out of top bracket for a couple of years, just like Pool did, but that's the general lay of it.

I've been supporting us since the late 80s and in that time the only trophies we've won is 1 FA cup and 2 league cups if memory serves me correctly. The problem I have with the club at the moment is the fact that we never seem to come close to winning anything despite being (IMO) the fifth best club in the country.

Is love to go back to being a cup side, it's got to be better than being an also ran as we are now.

Whilst I don't want levy out I do think he's part of the problem. He's done a lot for the club but you do get the feeling that we'll never take the next step while he's holding the purse strings.

Levy needs to start trusting the managers he's put in place, set aside a transfer kitty and let the manager spend it on who he wants to improve the squad then give him 3 or 4 seasons to build his squad/team. The scatter gun transfer policy and constant sacking managers is my main problem with Levy.

All you fans ranting on about getting the stadium built, you do realise we cannot do anything until we have secured a CPO to purchase the last remaining properties on the land we intend to build on?

We're given to understand a decision is due 'shortly' - supposedly by the end of March, but I wouldn't hold your breath, they didn't say which year. 8-[

Is it a case of they will point blank not sell as they are gooners! Or is it a case they are trying to get more money, and half a million would have seen them move a year ago and that half million would have been recouped easily with the stadium built one year earlier!?

Or maybe its a situation that suits Levy down to the ground whilst he bleeds the last penny out of absolutely everyone, which means more for Enic in the long run.. not Tottenham Hotspur FC.

south-park-cable-guy-o.gif

"If you don't like our work, why don't you just switch ownership of the club to another company?

Oh that's riiiiight, there is no other company to buy the club yet dang it. I just guess your stuck with us"

Personally would prefer Levy & co to stay but even I'm starting to think all he'll find in his hat is a rat, not a rabbit.

Back