• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

MEGA RANT time for Levy & Co to go

He has set us back 10 years with his actions this season

who has? the same guy thats been responsible for that same success over the last 12 years?

I think i can allow him the odd mistake

Not that you can actually say that giving someone, who some would call 'a blagger' ,100 million plus is his mistake so to speak.

you spend over 100 million on talent and when that doesnt work out i fail to see how that is your fault?

So can i just confirm that the general ethos of this thread is that some want us to have a sugar daddy and BUY success...?

Or are we talking about buying success through income generated organically?

personally, yes I'd be happy with us buying success, steal or cheat it for all I care, I'll take anything

I think Levy had a purple patch of getting every major decision right for a long time starting with the Rednapp appointment, sadly this ended when he failed to get another year out of Bale, since then I think he's got everything wrong

he needs to regroup very quickly in the summer and sort this cluster**** out or I agree that he will have thrown all that good work away

So can i just confirm that the general ethos of this thread is that some want us to have a sugar daddy and BUY success...?

I started the thread with my belief that Spurs wont be able to win the league while Levy & Co are in charge.

personally, yes I'd be happy with us buying success, steal or cheat it for all I care, I'll take anything

I think Levy had a purple patch of getting every major decision right for a long time starting with the Rednapp appointment, sadly this ended when he failed to get another year out of Bale, since then I think he's got everything wrong

he needs to regroup very quickly in the summer and sort this cluster**** out or I agree that he will have thrown all that good work away

Yet, we are still 5th. And everyone above us has greater spending potential than us, and we are above utd.

I started the thread with my belief that Spurs wont be able to win the league while Levy & Co are in charge.

The general consensus seems to be that people recognise that we won't win the league without a sugar daddy. However, there is a divide on whether we want a sugar daddy or not.

And there are some that believe that the current board, with a new stadium could get us challenging. I disagree with this because even with a new stadium, our spending potential will still be smaller than those teams currently above us.

My opinion is that a sugar daddy is the only way we will genuinely be competitive for titles long term. The edges that can be gained through good management are too small now to compete against the (growing) number of billionaire owners there are in the league and in Europe. Despite this belief, i am in the group that does not want a sugar daddy. At the end of the day, i support this team because i identify with them, and share certain core values. I feel that if we were to spend like ManCity, i would lose some of those shared values and affinity that i have with the club. I don't need tottenham to win the title every other year to enjoy following and supporting them. if i needed that, i would have just chosen to follow man utd as a kid. if winning by spending a billion pounds is of importance to you, and a value that you wish to share with your football club, there are many clubs throughout europe that i'm sure can satisfy this demand.

following a football team is about more than just on-pitch success. you only need to look at the lower league and non-league teams in the uk to see this. its about being part of a community with shared values. of which we have many. and sometimes i feel that this growing demand for success in recent years, despite the fact that we are competing against oligarchs and sheiks has detracted from why we actually support the spurs.

The general consensus seems to be that people recognise that we won't win the league without a sugar daddy. However, there is a divide on whether we want a sugar daddy or not.

And there are some that believe that the current board, with a new stadium could get us challenging. I disagree with this because even with a new stadium, our spending potential will still be smaller than those teams currently above us.

My opinion is that a sugar daddy is the only way we will genuinely be competitive for titles long term. The edges that can be gained through good management are too small now to compete against the (growing) number of billionaire owners there are in the league and in Europe. Despite this belief, i am in the group that does not want a sugar daddy. At the end of the day, i support this team because i identify with them, and share certain core values. I feel that if we were to spend like ManCity, i would lose some of those shared values and affinity that i have with the club. I don't need tottenham to win the title every other year to enjoy following and supporting them. if i needed that, i would have just chosen to follow man utd as a kid. if winning by spending a billion pounds is of importance to you, and a value that you wish to share with your football club, there are many clubs throughout europe that i'm sure can satisfy this demand.

following a football team is about more than just on-pitch success. you only need to look at the lower league and non-league teams in the uk to see this. its about being part of a community with shared values. of which we have many. and sometimes i feel that this growing demand for success in recent years, despite the fact that we are competing against oligarchs and sheiks has detracted from why we actually support the spurs.

You make some really good points Neymar, in my defense I dont support Spurs for any community or shared values. I simply love football, as a kid Paul Gascoigne was my first hero, my first football memory is Italia 90 with Gazza. Because he played for Spurs at the time I followed them and have done ever since.

If a Sugar Daddy took over it has its down sides as well. The Cardiff/Hull owners would be a nightmare and I admit I want it all my own way, new owners splashing the cash and not making changes to the club when they have every right really to do what they want with the club.

I want to see Spurs being successful, we dont have any divine right but neither did Chelsea yet they won the lottery and have now become a bigger club than us

This is a bit of a strange post, but I am a project manager and without going all AVB, Spurs are a project. Our key deliverable which is set by our sponsor (AKA Dan the man) is to get into the CL. Our manager is the project manager.

Now your standard constraints as a project manager are cost, time and quality. They are all linked, for example, if you want to reduce cost, you can either reduce the quality of the job or increase the time it takes to complete. An increase in quality = more time, more money or both. What often happens in project management is you get CEO's and business men who have absolutely no understanding of project management, and when presented with a plan they say I want an extra feature added and I want it done quicker but I don't want you to spend anymore money (or I want it to cost less).

Essentially this is what Daniel Levy is doing.

For us Quality = league position. He won't compromise on this, it seems it's 4th or above or your out (or in HR case 4th and your still out). He won't compromise on time either as he seems only willing to give anyone a maximum of 2 seasons. Cost, yet again he won't compromise he's saying you can spend money but only if we sell first.

All in all his expectations are completely un-feasible and there's a fair chance that no manager will ever be successful with us until he either gives them more time, or more money.

Until he says;

I will provide our manager with the necessary money required to finish in the top four within the next 2 years (increased cost in order to increase quality within the same amount of time)

or

I'll give this guy 5 years to qualify for the CL but we still have to sell to buy (increased time in order to increase quality with same amount of cost)

or

I'm happy to finish outside the top 4. It's where we should be when you look at us financially (compromise on quality due to constraints on time and cost)

We forever be stuck in this merry-go round of managers because his expectations are completely unrealistic.

We don't need a sugar daddy, we need someone to jump us 10 years into the future where there will be no stadium debt.

An article from the Telegraph a few months before Levy took over.

Spurs fan has £22m shot at being boss

By David Graves

12:00AM GMT 21 Dec 2000

A LIFELONG Tottenham Hotspur supporter who has twice tried to buy the Premiership club was close to taking control last night.

Daniel Levy, 38, managing director of the international sports and leisure group ENIC, was believed to have put up £22 million. The offer followed an announcement last weekend by Sir Alan Sugar, the Spurs chairman, that he was prepared to sell his 40 per cent holding and end his 10-year reign at the club.

Mr Levy was thought to be offering to buy 27 per cent of that holding from Sir Alan. A spokesman for ENIC, which has stakes in five other European clubs, including Glasgow Rangers, said that an announcement would be made "as soon as practicable".

Mr Levy is a Cambridge economics graduate whose two main interests are said to be making money and supporting Spurs. He has a season ticket for the club. His policy has been to buy stakes in clubs that regularly appear in European competition through ENIC and then tighten management style before reaping the rewards from lucrative television rights.

Over the last two years, major soccer club investments have been made in AEK Athens, FC Basel, Slavia Prague, Vicenza Calcio of Italy and Rangers. Mr Levy first tried to buy Tottenham Hotspur from Sir Alan in 1998 when ENIC valued the club at £80 million but the takeover collapsed.
Related Articles

Five months ago, a second attempt foundered when Mr Levy would not match Sir Alan's optimistic valuation of around £1.20 a share. They were being traded yesterday at 61p.

Although Mr Levy will take up a seat on the Tottenham board, he is expected to search for a new chairman for the club with a good knowledge of both football and business.

His family started Mr Byrite, the clothing chain. After leaving Cambridge, Mr Levy went into retailing. Later he teamed up with Joe Lewis, a currency dealer who lives in tax exile in the Bahamas, to establish ENIC.

I wonder who had in mind? I'm sure someone could've done better on the footballing side but certainly not the business.

This is a bit of a strange post, but I am a project manager and without going all AVB, Spurs are a project. Our key deliverable which is set by our sponsor (AKA Dan the man) is to get into the CL. Our manager is the project manager.

Now your standard constraints as a project manager are cost, time and quality. They are all linked, for example, if you want to reduce cost, you can either reduce the quality of the job or increase the time it takes to complete. An increase in quality = more time, more money or both. What often happens in project management is you get CEO's and business men who have absolutely no understanding of project management, and when presented with a plan they say I want an extra feature added and I want it done quicker but I don't want you to spend anymore money (or I want it to cost less).

Essentially this is what Daniel Levy is doing.

For us Quality = league position. He won't compromise on this, it seems it's 4th or above or your out (or in HR case 4th and your still out). He won't compromise on time either as he seems only willing to give anyone a maximum of 2 seasons. Cost, yet again he won't compromise he's saying you can spend money but only if we sell first.

All in all his expectations are completely un-feasible and there's a fair chance that no manager will ever be successful with us until he either gives them more time, or more money.

Until he says;

I will provide our manager with the necessary money required to finish in the top four within the next 2 years (increased cost in order to increase quality within the same amount of time)

or

I'll give this guy 5 years to qualify for the CL but we still have to sell to buy (increased time in order to increase quality with same amount of cost)

or

I'm happy to finish outside the top 4. It's where we should be when you look at us financially (compromise on quality due to constraints on time and cost)

We forever be stuck in this merry-go round of managers because his expectations are completely unrealistic.

Sick post, and hard to disagree with any of that.

GHod knows why time wasn't increased at the start of the season. I guess he thought he was increasing cost and thought quality would follow, but in actual fact we need both time AND cost to be increased in order to get the quality we want because of where we are coming from.

I don't think I can argue with that, but I'm not sure I'd realistically expect us to win the league if we don't go down the sugar daddy route.

Organic growth will never be high enough to catch up with Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea. Money leads to success.

I don't want a sugar daddy though. **** that.

Sick post, and hard to disagree with any of that.

GHod knows why time wasn't increased at the start of the season. I guess he thought he was increasing cost and thought quality would follow, but in actual fact we need both time AND cost to be increased in order to get the quality we want because of where we are coming from.

He didn't actually increase cost though, because he sold Bale for a fortune.

Great post Neymar and one I can identify with. Football for me is about the journey more than the destination, otherwise I'd just check the scores at the end of a week and never get emotionally involved in matches like I do now. The day we turn into a plaything for some rich prick who should be doing more worthwhile with his money is the day I stop watching. I might check the scores but the love would be gone.

i hate levy

come on papercut you know it makes sense son.

Or any of the other mods I am not bothered which one of you changes it.

This guy Levy is the problem with the club he got to go.

Re: i hate levy

:ross:

Things were so much better when we were fighting against relegation or going bankrupt.

Yup. I took the liberty a while back to write his name in 'that' thread in Random. He's a tool, takes too long to do anything. He appoints the wrong people and barring an initial upsurge, we're now moving backwards again.

Yeah lets go back to how we were before Levy aye? Some of you on here really act like spoilt little kids. Don't need fans like this at our club.

Back