• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Well I have to say I saw the same old poor performance characterised by indecision, comedy defending, lack of penetration, low confidence, catastrophic finishing. The only good thing was that with Rose and Walker we looked more of a threat on the flanks than we have done.

Poor finishing, otherwise the first half was fine I thought. We were clearly the better team and looked comfortable at the back and likely to score sooner or later.

Second half was poor, after their goal in particular. Or rather, after Kaboul rather horrendously gave the ball away for the shot that rattled the crossbar. Then, as they could sit back with confidence and defend deep on a very poor pitch we unsurprisingly didn't manage to up the tempo and we were poor.

Poor finishing, otherwise the first half was fine I thought. We were clearly the better team and looked comfortable at the back and likely to score sooner or later.

Second half was poor, after their goal in particular. Or rather, after Kaboul rather horrendously gave the ball away for the shot that rattled the crossbar. Then, as they could sit back with confidence and defend deep on a very poor pitch we unsurprisingly didn't manage to up the tempo and we were poor.

I agree. We would have won that game comfortably with an in form striker on the pitch

I am all for giving him time and haven't thought about offing him but the substitutions tonight were shocking so much so we were chasing the match with the most disjointed looking team shape of 3-7-0 (4-6-0 if you count slotting Stambouli down Walkers side for the final 15 minutes). Made no sense - why put a young lad on the bench if you won't risk him when we didn't have another striker??

I am all for giving him time and haven't thought about offing him but the substitutions tonight were shocking so much so we were chasing the match with the most disjointed looking team shape of 3-7-0 (4-6-0 if you count slotting Stambouli down Walkers side for the final 15 minutes). Made no sense - why put a young lad on the bench if you won't risk him when we didn't have another striker??

We were chasing the game so we put on two of the attacking/creative players on the bench that are most frequently starting league games.

I assume you're talking about Onomah in your last sentence? But I don't get your point. He's not a striker....

It was really shambolic at the end, I always picked teams to go play that had a clear balance. Widens the pitch, makes things easier, makes passing easier etc! We had none and have had none since Harry left. This inverted wingers crap doesnt work unless your right footed left hand side is almost two footed like Hazard or exceptional like Robben. We dont have that or anywhere near it.

It was really shambolic at the end, I always picked teams to go play that had a clear balance. Widens the pitch, makes things easier, makes passing easier etc! We had none and have had none since Harry left. This inverted wingers crap doesnt work unless your right footed left hand side is almost two footed like Hazard or exceptional like Robben. We dont have that or anywhere near it.

I am sure that the substitutions were mainly made with a mind to keep players fresh for a really busy period for fixtures

With Ade gone, we have only Kane and Soldado in our striking ranks. Soldado was subbed in order to protect him, else he'd likely have stayed on. Walker was returning from injury so it made sense to see him subbed and Paulinho coming off for a more offensive player was also logical. We aren't blessed with options at the moment so whilst it was a shambles, it was one that still made sense.

With Ade gone, we have only Kane and Soldado in our striking ranks. Soldado was subbed in order to protect him, else he'd likely have stayed on. Walker was returning from injury so it made sense to see him subbed and Paulinho coming off for a more offensive player was also logical. We aren't blessed with options at the moment so whilst it was a shambles, it was one that still made sense.

I agree.

Sadly, with Ade off indefinitely, I think that it is unlikely that we will see Kane and Soldado in the same side for a while. It will be too much of a risk and I think that we will need to alternate them over Christmas.

I agree.

Sadly, with Ade off indefinitely, I think that it is unlikely that we will see Kane and Soldado in the same side for a while. It will be too much of a risk and I think that we will need to alternate them over Christmas.

Gonna be a lot of hate on here

I agree.

I see where you are coming from but if Ade really is on gardening leave then the Jan transfer window is not that far away, and we can take the risk and play both. I'm of the opinion that we should play our best side no matter what, fitness and injuries aside, and strangely Soldado is still probably in it.

A subtle point is: does subbing Soldado every game help his confidence?
I know he missed a couple but a striker needs to believe he will get another chance to score any second.

N any case we hardly created a chance after he went and Chadli was unable to link or hold up the ball. A totally counter productive decision by Poch.

Even the move of Stambouli was baffling why not put Capoue to CB and move either Chiriches or Kaboul to RB where they have some skill and speed to go forward?
Besides it stops them throwing their changers near our goal.

Poch cannot afford to play 1 alone, his teams are dire, the only time they have dragged themselves close to acceptable performances is when we have 2 up front. We will have to risk it till January.

An in form striker may have won us a couple of the games we have had poor results in, but that would really just be us mugging sides.

Poch keeps failing .. honestly at this point, he just hasn't been good enough.

I know he missed a couple but a striker needs to believe he will get another chance to score any second.

N any case we hardly created a chance after he went and Chadli was unable to link or hold up the ball. A totally counter productive decision by Poch.

Even the move of Stambouli was baffling why not put Capoue to CB and move either Chiriches or Kaboul to RB where they have some skill and speed to go forward?

Stambouli has played right back before.
Would you trust Capoue at centre half again?

The biggesr issue is why did poch even go to Turkey? why where so many players needed for Sunday there as well? We would have been better off spending a full week preparing for Sunday and sending a youth team to Turkey.

Agree with Modric. I'd have just played a youth team. Losing to Besiktas doesn't bother me one bit, we still qualified we are still in the competition.

We are still finding out best team, we look like we have found our centre back pairing in the league and they're looking relatively solid. Add walkers pace and width to it. The usual suspects on Eriksen, Mason etc. And we find ourselves close to our rivals in the league, one game away from the cup semi final and through to the knockout stages in the Europa League.

I can't see how Poch has failed so far. What the **** was everyone expecting?

Poch cannot afford to play 1 alone, his teams are dire, the only time they have dragged themselves close to acceptable performances is when we have 2 up front. We will have to risk it till January.

An in form striker may have won us a couple of the games we have had poor results in, but that would really just be us mugging sides.

Poch keeps failing .. honestly at this point, he just hasn't been good enough.
I don't think that it is a case of looking better with two up top but that we look better with Kane coming from deep ([emoji15]) because it adds some variety and threat to our approach play.

I do not think that Poch will risk starting them both over the Christmas and New Year period because we would be stuffed if one of them got injured, sent off or was knackered. I suspect that we will see Chadli back in the side to cover one of them.

If only we had an academy striker who was ready to make the step up. It would be the perfect opportunity.

It doesnt matter what you do with Soldado, as long as he wears a Spurs shirt he wont produce the performances we thought we were getting.

We didn't have a forward on the bench.

Onomah is a midfielder. Oduwa is the forward (the one who scored 'that' goal in the testimonial).

Oduwa, Miller and Coulthirst are our youth team forwards at the moment (Coulthirst is out at Southend, but still featuring sometimes for the U21s), and one of them should really have travelled with the squad.

I'd assume Soldado was subbed because we need him for the PL Sunday, we don't have an array of strikers to pick from....

Back